TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Tatsu Flying Coaster

Ok, the update is ready.

I think I over-exaggerated, in shock. No track has actually been removed yet. However, the electrical lines, that provided the vehilces lights and that audio that has the guy booming "We are now heading to Samuri Summit--home of Superman: The Escape--the tallest and fastest roller coaster in the world!", have been removed, and have been dumped on the track, about 1/2 way up. I can only assume that it is the first step to take, in actually removing the ride.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Damn Photobucket limits my comments!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Well, you can either click on the link above and have to look at each photo ONE BY ONE as slow as humanly possible....or you can look at Theme Park Review's totally awesome, humor filled, easy to view "official" construction update!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/sfmmnew06/current.htm

Yay! You've chosen to look at our update! You have chosen wisely!

Anyway, photos are from today and a few things we have noticed:

- Is track being removed from Orient Express??? It looks like it might be happening! But does that mean it's demise or not? Hmm....

- More trees gone.

- All heavy machinery is gone off the mountain.

- Poor Japanese gardens trees look like they are dying!

- Electrical work looks done by Orient Express and perhaps some plumbing going on in the Japanese Garden area?

Anyway, enjoy the "official" update!

--Robb

DAMN! God gave me friends, brains, and that rare ability to have women stop what they are doing, simply to get a glimpse of my heavenly body....but He just didn't give me a web site...and I just cant win!

After that effort, if I go to the SFMM meet, your gotta buy me some frozen lemonade!

Hmmm.......that Orient thing is weird, haven't talked to anyone about that in a while though. Did manage to chat with a couple mechanics about the coaster thing though.....

B&M Flyer? CONFIRMED!!! They didn't know a whole bunch more than that, but Six Flags is most likely shooting for opening it in Spring '06. I asked why it seems they are starting what seems to be so early, and asked if it could be to avoid snags along the way, and they replied that there's always going to be things that get in the way or are bugs to work out, and starting early is a good idea to try to eliminate (or at least troubleshoot) them.

Also, in another odd bit of info, Thrill Shot will be making a comeback in as soon as a month......they won't really start working on it until the park goes to the off season though. Oh well, I always loved working at that ride, yay for Thrill Shot! Ah, the memories are coming back already.......

Also, in another odd bit of info, Thrill Shot will be making a comeback in as soon as a month......they won't really start working on it until the park goes to the off season though. Oh well, I always loved working at that ride, yay for Thrill Shot! Ah, the memories are coming back already.......

I wouldn't count on that. Ours at SFGAdv supposedly had an incident the other day (during testing) wher the ride car hit one of the towers. Apparently one of them under shot, causing the cable to go slack. I wouldn't be surprised to see Six Flags just give up on these turkeys like they seem to be doing with the Chaos rides they own.

YAY! My 1st Post!

So, Is it stupid that I am addicted to seeing what happens at SFMM!? If the B&M Flyer rumor is true it will be cool to finally have another Flyer in CA, and I am sure the SFMM version is not going to disappoint. As far as the Thrill Shot goes, havnt they been problematic from the beginning? Seems like alot of problems for one ride. Granted I am sure it is an amazing ride. But I think they should just build a Triple S&S Drop Tower there instead! Almost the same footprint right?

I wouldn't count on that. Ours at SFGAdv supposedly had an incident the other day (during testing) wher the ride car hit one of the towers. Apparently one of them under shot, causing the cable to go slack. I wouldn't be surprised to see Six Flags just give up on these turkeys like they seem to be doing with the Chaos rides they own.

Well, I talked to them last night and didn't say anything about that, but that sounds pretty bad. I always knew there was the possiblility of that happening, but thought it was more likely to have the vehicle flip over (come darn near close in high winds). What I don't get is why S&S went with cables and flexy towers instead of just going with a solid "Supreme Scream" type design, it'd be so much easier and quite a bit stronger too, I'd bet, but they went the other way...... :? As it is, Thrill Shot seems to go down a lot anyway, the mechanics are kept busy with it's hourly computer freak outs, and monthly tower welding....few "interesting" stories I've got from that last one.

By the way, all the mechanics I have asked about the new coaster possible being a B&M Flyer, have confirmed it. In all the answers I got, not once was a different type mentioned, they have all said the same thing.

By the way, all the mechanics I have asked about the new coaster possible being a B&M Flyer, have confirmed it. In all the answers I got, not once was a different type mentioned, they have all said the same thing.

Yup...that seems to be circulating around the employees. I even had someone from the GAMES DEPARTMENT tell me it was a B&M Flying coaster!...lol. (Although, I guess mechanics would be more credible).

Well, I have just recieved a letter from ACE, discussing a leader change for the SoCal, and it says this:

Upcoming Events & Announcements

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Mark your calendars--there will be a regional event held at Six Flags Magic Mountain on Sunday, May 21, 2006. More details to follow but there will be ERT on their new roller coaster opening in 2006! I will also keep you informed of any planned media events.

So, if ACE is announcing this, that means a park rep has told them. I know this isn't any real news to anyone. All it tells me, is that, yes, chances are it will open in April (taken that the Silver Bullet ERT was a month after that openned).

However, I personally wouldn't be surprised if it opens Memorial Day weekend...that would be the official 35th anniversary.

I have no doubt there'll be soft openings, they have to. It's like when Scream! was "done" for the most part and they had a promo shoot day. As an employee, I was able to take my brother and ride it as many times as we wanted, but never got interviewed by the camera crew that was standing on the exit side of the station. Got to ride it about 7 or 8 times though, and helped myself to the free sodas and chips. I'm all but certain that they'll do this for the new ride too, I'm kinda counting on riding it for a promo shoot too.

Lets just say the ride will be open before May 21st and leave it at that.

Still working out the WCB 2006 details as well as pondering whether or not to partner with ACE this time around. I am thinking about some other alternatives...

Chris

If this coaster is as unique as it seems it will be, I may have to consider doing the RideWorld even next year. I've heard great things about the last two. Now if I could only find a way to get to SoCal, ride this, and still get back to the Eastcoast without taking any vacation days (because I have none left next year already!)

Still working out the WCB 2006 details as well as pondering whether or not to partner with ACE this time around. I am thinking about some other alternatives...

Chris

I would be. You put on a much more class act than ACE does.

--Robb

Track spotting!

A close friend Andrew Hartman just called about 20 minutes ago and said he just passed a piece of red and orange B&M brake track on I-44, while he was heading to SDC.

It's not for Patriot at WoF as it's going the wrong direction... The only possible delivery point I could think of is either a SF park in Texas or SFMM.

Thoughts?

Edited by rollocoast