TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Tatsu Flying Coaster

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in california over the weekend. I went to Magic mountain on sunday. The park was empty. I asked a ride op on ninja about the new ride. He said that most of the employees think it will be a kingda ka ride. There was a sign in front of superman the escape that said "Please excuse our mess. We are building for your future enjoyment" Superman was closed all day too. The same sign was in front of flashback and freefall. Hmmm...

^ Holy shit, FLASHBACK was down?! OMG! Freefall too?? (Seriously, Flashback hasn't been open in like three years, Freefall has been down for awhile too, Superman goes down often. Those are just normal SFMM operations, not some indication of what's being done.)

Also, SFMM employees are world famous for not knowing anything.

A piece of yellow caution tape is enough to tell me "This is closed." But a sign would be better.

Freefall's cars are being rehabbed/rebuilt according to Screamscape.

Flashback is just a lost cause.

Eric

Guys, feel free to let me know when you're stopping by and I'll try to get you on the rides I have friends at, just shoot me a PM if interested.

As for the new ride, I doubt it's a Kingda Ka type one, but that would seriously ROCK! I'm still gonna stick with the B&M Flyer, that's what a mechanic who'd seen the design told me. I'll be happy when they start working on Thrill Shot and open that sucker back up, man do I miss that thing! There's a chance I could also be a lead over there, muwahahaha!

Yeah I'm still convinced it's a B&M Flyer, but I feel it's my duty to at least let you all know of another rumor:

Intamin Woody (similar to SFGAd's)

I'm sticking with the flyer.

I'll go get an update this week. I have Robb's pictures from last week but to be honest it doesn't look like anything has changed!

I went saturday, and the only visible change from Tuesday was that there are a lot of these new pink markers that are showing up, all around the Orient Express track.

(Right of the track...yes, those are pink...on a bigger version of the pic, you can see a clear distinction between those, and the orange ones.)

Also, I dont know if this has been mentioned or not, but I rode Log Jammer*, and when I was at the top of the second lift, I took some pictures...I couldn't even see what I got till AFTER I uploaded the pics...lol. The picture I uploaded shows markers and marked trees...Ironically, I took this picture looking away from the Oriental Gardens, but hey, its still close by.

8-13-05--1.jpg.d3d32909e5e045fa69046197655ab014.jpg

8-13-05--2.jpg.9ccebf5125e8d506c9974a2bc4b8dc3f.jpg

Yeah I'm still convinced it's a B&M Flyer, but I feel it's my duty to at least let you all know of another rumor:

Intamin Woody (similar to SFGAd's)

I'm sticking with the flyer.

Maybe they got a bulk deal on Intamin Woodies!!!

I certainly woudn't be opposed to that. God knows CA needs a good woodie.

Yes, Wal Mart the ride! They can call it "Mart of Darkness"

I also saw flags and markers around the top of Log Jammer. I think that they are building more than one ride. A B&M Flyer and some giant flat ride that will swing out over LJ.

I would love to see us get a Woodie. We need something to compete with "The Voyage"

Guy "No one can build just one Starbucks" Koepp

Well I wouldn't trust SFGAd with one either, but they're definitely getting one! I can't imagine the maintenance to be that intensive on it though, honestly. In theory, it should be just like maintaining a steel coaster.

But yeah, I don't think the flyer will be disappointing at all. Compared to existing flyers, this one does quite a bit more!

Joe "not to mention the kick ass setting!" C.

If we got a steel woodie like HADES it might be more maintenence friendly. MM's not real great at high maintenance rides.

(Flashback, Bobsleds, Goliath track 2, Mountain Express)

Ring a bell.

I still think we might be getting more than one ride.

I hope.

Guy "Getting my kids dressed while posting" Koepp