TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Tatsu Flying Coaster

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are all way off your mark!

I have secret spies "in the know" and they say it'll be a new guest relations building. Think about it, the large queue area will be for all those pissed off customers who want to complain about the poor service and the ride closings!

^ Sky Tower and Metro have been both closed since 2001. It's now been 4 years since they closed. I doubt we will see Metro removed anytime soon, it's too large and Six Flags doesn't have the money to do something like that.

But they have even enough money to spend 30 million dollars on one park... Plus dozens of Tornado slides, a new water park and now this coaster. To me, I think Six Flags has plenty enough money to tear a few rides down...It's the least they can do. Why not take Flashback down while they're at it...Maybe they could install a flat ride in it's place.

^ Sky Tower and Metro have been both closed since 2001. It's now been 4 years since they closed. I doubt we will see Metro removed anytime soon, it's too large and Six Flags doesn't have the money to do something like that.

But they have even enough money to spend 30 million dollars on one park... Plus dozens of Tornado slides, a new water park and now this coaster. To me, I think Six Flags has plenty enough money to tear a few rides down...It's the least they can do. Why not take Flashback down while they're at it...Maybe they could install a flat ride in it's place.

Well the sad thing is, Six Flags is over $2 billion in debt. The only expenditures worth making for them now are ones that will (hopefully) bring some income. It would be way too expensive to remove Metro, which that money could be better spent on making income at another park in their minds. But yes I do agree with you however that they need to tear out the rides that are SBNO, if not then get them running.

although the are around samurai summit isnt that bug...but I dont really see back stage ((or over the fence)) so who knows what there making...for all we know it probably might be a coaster or some new restaurant lodge or something...but all in all...I HOPE ITS A FLYING ROLLER COASTER!!!! ever since I saw stealth I alwasy wnted ot expierience it!

I was up there on Sun and it looks to me like OE and the Sky Tower are staying. That pit in front of the tower just isn't big enough for a demo pit, maybe it's for a large footer.

I was also surprised by the number of people up there, seemed busier then before all the closures. That's a lot of work to ride Ninja and Superman.

On a side note, went to HH for the first time. If I post a Tr, it would be called "My first trip to HH or what the Hell was I thinking".

I was up there on Sun and it looks to me like OE and the Sky Tower are staying. That pit in front of the tower just isn't big enough for a demo pit, maybe it's for a large footer.

I was also surprised by the number of people up there, seemed busier then before all the closures. That's a lot of work to ride Ninja and Superman.

On a side note, went to HH for the first time. If I post a Tr, it would be called "My first trip to HH or what the Hell was I thinking".

Large footer, maybe, or maybe they got ahold of my plans for a Death Ray aimed at Cedar Point and Disney Land! Muahahahaha!!!

It's also been insanely busy the last few days, Thursday last week was as busy as a Sunday, what gives?!?! Monday had waves of guests though, busy for an hour, then dead.......maybe they all went to the Batman show and watched the Batmobile pretend to jump a little gap because they're too afraid to actually hit it with some speed after breaking it. I gotta admit, the Chevy 350 crate engine they threw in it sounds GREAT!

I hated Hurricane Harbor the one time I went there, I'm not in shape, and probably never will be......my current farmer's tan thanks to working in the sun at SFMM probably wouldn't help either, the contrast between tan arms, lighter legs, and downright pale chest would be scary.

In other news, I'm now hearing that Orient is NOT going to get the axe, but something even crazier: it'll move. My "source" (I sound so cool ) said they might be moving it over 2 feet to one side to make room for whatever the heck they're doing now with the construction. I also heard from someone else that Sky Tower, of all things, might be OPENING. No idea how much credence that one has, but I have seen the elevators go up and down a few times........over the last year or so. I heard once that Security goes up there to make sure that no fires are started by the Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or Monday fireworks....they're too cheap for mid week ones. I'll try to ask some mechanics about that stuff, but we'll see.

Also, I doubt anyone has really missed it but me (used to work there), but Thrill Shot has been down for the last 3-4 months, and they might actually be making some progress on it. They pulled the cart out a while back and it's been sitting under Batman's brake run ever since, but they cleaned up all the random cable spools and saw horses and stuff lately. A mechanic said they were going to check the welds on the cart, then "evaluate" it; it was a pay attraction ($10 a ride, maybe for two if we were feeling nice), but never made a whole bunch of business except on Saturdays. Anyway, they'll compare operating costs to how much it was bringing in and see what happens. Last I heard, they woulndn't start doing serious work on it until the second week of September, so they could leave junk in the middle of the midway.

I'm done now.

^Yeah on one of the updates I mentioned and had a picture that Thrill Shot was down and that I saw it under Batman (weird spot!!!)

Thanks for the updates!

I'm trying to convince Robb to go take a trip up the mountain to get this weeks photos instead of me!

^ I would only do that if it was free.

Dont worry Alveys, I got your back. I'll post an update from today later tonight, after some uploading and resizing. That is...if you trust me.

EDIT...this may not settle for you TPR update fixes, but I suppose it will due, till one of the Alveys get to the mountain:

Pay rides = free, well if I know the people. I know the people at Dive real well, so they're cool and let me go on whenever I want, by myself or with friends. Used to do it with Thrill Shot too, but I worked there, so it was a bit less of a stretch. My brother used to work in Foods too, so he still has "connections" and can help out that way.

I went today, and still, basically nothing has changed. I also went to HH, and *GASP* had a great time. I finally got on Tornado, which ruled, and it was not that crowded. But I still remeber the first time I went. We waited an hour in line for a slide we didn't go on, and spent the next 3 HOURS in that stupid play area. They should tear that thing down, and build the one that they have at Great America, because it was awesome.

I went today:

There are new markers all around the orient express track. I couldn't get a good pic though. Sorry.

Heres a story for you though: I had just gotten off of Revolution, and the Ride Op goes, "are you from Theme Park Review?" I said, "yea, are you?" He said, "No, but my brother is..."

And thats my story of how I ran into 4718's brother!