TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Tatsu Flying Coaster

Hey ok after dodling about a few other site's and a bit of my own investigation i wanna put forward a theroy:

1. definitly a ride as you can clearly see Q BLDG and Q WLKWAY in some photo's

2. i think it's going to be a flying B&M

3. The colour scheme will be orange.

4. it may or may not involve the removal of OE as it can easily fly close to it without it needing to be removed and to increase excitement

5. Flashback will be the ride to be removed

6. drawing your attention to picture # 25 I think to L2R could mean load to ride.If i knew there was the posibility of a station or even a second loading station as in l2r i could be wrong!it's a lot less obvious than writing STATN.

Well anyway thats my 2 cents.Feel free to say what you want as this is just a andtheroy and has absolutely no evidence whatsoever!!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. it may or may not involve the removal of OE as it can easily fly close to it without it needing to be removed and to increase excitement

Yes, because real rides work exactly like RCT's ratings system.

They'll probably remove two rides to add this coaster. That will leave them with 17 coaster and some food stalls. What a great time!

I also have to go for the "It's a flying coaster" vote for these reasons:

1. They already have a really tall hyper coaster

2. They already have a really tall Fast coaster

3. They already have the 3 other types of Beemers: Inverted, Standup, and Floorless.

4. They already have 2 horrid woodies......

5. They already have two pointless sit down loopers.

6. They already have one coaster that is so uterly unique it's disgusting.

7. They already have a selection of a mine train, severly f***ed small space coaster, an unrealiable giant invertigo, and actually a half way decent suspended :shock:

I lean towards flyer just because it is something that they don't have, and it is a smash hit with the public. Knowing six flags they will probably find some way of squeezing in a S:UF just because it works so well and yadda yadda yadda.

They could also do an inpulse but I would think they would try to do something with a better capacity. I Could be wrong about my theories, and I hope I am. But I'll probably will still spend the 6 hour drive just to go to knott's and skip out on SFMM again.......

^ Wow, that is probably the most accurate description of SFMM's coaster selection ever!

Funny, yet sad at the same time!

--Robb "They could always build a 2nd hyper....Cedar Point did!" Alvey

From someone who has never been to the park, what would all the yellow caution tape be from around the tree. It is the picture of the old gardens so I am guessing it could be from that, so it is marking the tree for removal. Just a thought....

Do you guys think Psyclone would be better with new trains?

The problem was always the trains. The trains are too heavy for the track. So, yeah new trains would help; if they were re-designed.

Also, flashback will not be removed. At least for this project. The Q-BLDG signs are no where near flashback. Flashback will not be affected by this. That is not to say that Flashback will probably be torn down for a flat ride.

Michael"I have a feeling the ride would still suck"Thomas

It really would make sense for them to replace the Psyclone trains with something like PTC trains, the Psyclone trains are one of a kind, and when something goes wrong, I bet it cost alot to fix

!

no way, rides at sfmm are like wine, they get better with age.

:dork:

but in reality, I too believe it to be a flyer, and I doubt they will remove any rides on the mountain (ninja, log jammer, orient)

but I will wait and see... lets hope it is something good this time around.

^ Reports are that it was staff-funding issues.

Those Psyclone trains have not only ruined Psyclone but Colossus as well. They are WAY too heavy. That's not to say that Psyclone would be better with new trains, but I guess it would be a start.

The track would need ALOT of work to return to it's former glory. And yes, it was a good ride at one point.

I've noticed a few problems:

"Fence - The Ride" needs some work. How about "Superfence - Ultimate Escape" or "Batman - The Fence"

If it's a coaster, by California law (or maybe just Six Flags policy), it's required to be built in a parking lot. Obviously, the pictures don't show a parking lot.

It can't be an Escalator. SFMM doesn't do that sort of theming. It would work nicely though.

well from what screamscape says and i quote,

"I’ve heard a report from someone who attended the Roller Coaster Club of Great Britian’s trip to the US West Coast last week that contains an interesting item. During the ERT session at the park it seems that some park rep mentioned that the club should make plans to come back next year when they’ll be opening a new “flying” coaster on the hillside."

and now there saying how it may be 150 feet tall, will include the popular Pretzel Loop, as well as the first Immelman on a B&M Flyer. im gonna go on the B&M flyer idea. it makes the most sense and if they do put in this ride they'll most likely get rid of the oriental express. but still we wont know till it hapenns what there truly going to make. lets just hope its not a vekoma boomerang.

-aris

Prototypes of this new ride show amazing opportunity.

Not only have previous models been kid friendly:

Animal themed:

But have inversions!!!!!

and now we know where we can start standing in line!! Let the excitement begin!!!!

Robb;

I haven't been to SFMM to see the construction markings first hand, but I can provide a little construction insight. Your picture that shows C 6.4 is a cut - that point will come down 6.4 feet during grading. Conversely, the flag strapped to the handrail next to the tower says F 1.7 (something like that) - that's a fill. Not sure if they're filling the water feature there or if it's from the top of concrete - either way, it's getting filled 1.7 feet.

Does that help clarify the picture any?