TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What song are you listening to?

Mr.Six

^ Freaking love Interpol. El Pintor is easily one of my top ten favorite albums, period.

Antics (and to a lesser extent Turn on the Bright Lights) is what got me into them and Antics is still my favorite (and basically perfect), but El Pintor is very closely behind those two. It's very, very good. I am digging the new album a lot but there are certainly a few duds I am not feeling, but what they did do off the new LP @ the Philly show last week sounded wonderful. Apparently they have an EPs worth of leftovers we should be getting sooner or later.

^ Wow, that is an amazing song. Will have to check out some more of this. Cool early industrial stuff.

I don't know much about Suspiria, tbh, but I've always been a fan of Radiohead from the mid 90s on, so I'm excited for the soundtrack and will have to check out this movie. Seems in the vein of A Clockwork Orange, which I love, so I'll probably enjoy this.

Goblin (who still tours with one (or two) of the original members), did soundtracks to several of Dario Argento's most famous horror films.

the music is as much of a character in the films. There are several "greatest" hits compilations available, and I highly recommend.

-- if you enjoyed the title track from Suspiria, you'll like most of their stuff. . in particular the "Demons" stuff is great too:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

(and here it is live from a few years ago):

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

^ Wow, that is an amazing song. Will have to check out some more of this. Cool early industrial stuff.

I don't know much about Suspiria, tbh, but I've always been a fan of Radiohead from the mid 90s on, so I'm excited for the soundtrack and will have to check out this movie. Seems in the vein of A Clockwork Orange, which I love, so I'll probably enjoy this.

the original is a classic, and I'm sure they kept the "bones" of the story for the remake.

SPOILER - I guess. . tho the film has been out for decades.

short version: American girl goes to the Black Forest in Germany to attend a famous Ballet School. Odd things happen, and it's revealed the school is run by a coven of witches.

Susperia is one of Argento's "3 Mothers" films. . each focusing on a different grand witch (the 3 mothers).

Susperia features the Mother of Sighs

Inferno features the Mother of Darkness

and

Mother of Tears features .. the Mother of Tears

Wiki has a good write up on it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Three_Mothers

If you want crazy, weird early industrial stuff, try listening to Godflesh, Swans, Scorn or God...that shit'll give you nightmares right there.

They ought to play more of this type of music at the Halloween Haunts - guaranteed to scare the crap out of a lot of people.