TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Ever Evolving Park Index

Once we get everything up and running we will listen to feedback for future revisions. We are at a point in time where every little change now delays the whole process. Like I said this enhancement is two years in the making, we wanted to release it last year, but were not happy with the quality and scale at the start of the 2010 park season. With technology and on the internet you will always see revisions and upgrades and TPR will be no different, but TPR doesn't want to release a crappy product.

As far as the nostalgia, practically all of it is submissions from TPR members. The ASSistants have copied photos from their posts (thank you Shane and Mark) and "cataloged" those photos under the appropriate park. Unfortunately, a lot of those submissions come from our US contingent at this time.

Edited by larrygator

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks so awesome - and really fills a void (there seems to be so many coaster rating/comments websites, but nothing really of quality at the park level). The design also looks spot-on - you guys are doing a really fantastic job.

Cameron.

In all seriousness, this is the most exciting thing I've seen out of this site since I joined. It will not only be super useful and fun for the members, but with Google and Bing etc. searching the web, it will drive a lot of traffic to TPR by non-enthusiasts, being very useful for a parent of their first child in planning, for example, a trip to Disneyworld. I know when we first went, I was 5 years old and didn't find Epcot to be very fun at all, but my parents had already planned on a full day there, and they said later they would've just as well spent a second day at MK, since we didn't get to everything they wanted to in 1 day during the busy summer. Granted, there was no real internet to speak of back then, but I can see this being a valuable resource to members of TPR and non-members alike. Kudos.

I think this idea came from aliens, there is no way you guys thought of this.

How do you know we aren't aliens?

He knows TPR's dark secret! He must be absorbed!

The new Park Index is going to take TPR to another level--I'm really looking forward to it.

Edited by cfc

• 3 weeks later...

We are still diligently and furiously working on the upgrades Robb announced on Page 38 www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=987956#p987956

But with a new season right around the corner don't forget about the Park Index when you visit an amusement park. I have not included the new for 2011 rides yet, but of course we would love to see your pictures of those rides also.

For this first listing of rides we need any pictures you have of the ride:

USA/Canada

Canada's Wonderland - Boo Blasters on Boo Hill (need ride vehicle and inside building)

Dixie Landin’ – Cajun Collision, Hot Shot

Frontier City – Ol 89er Express

Joyland (Texas) – Bumper Cars, Dare Devil Drop, Carousel, Musik Express, Paratrooper, Rock-o-Plane, Roll-o-Plane, Spider, Space Shuttle, Trabant, Tilt-A-Whirl

Kings Island - Boo Blasters on Boo Hill (need ride vehicle and inside building)

Lakeside – Starship 2000

Quassy - Free Fall n Drop

Wonderland (Texas) – Bumpers Cars, Scrambler, Shoot the Chute

UK

Botton’s Pleasure Beach – Cup and Saucer, Dodgems, Gallopers, Rockin Tug

Camelot – Cup and Sorcerer

Flamingoland – Dodgems

Gulliver’s Warrington – Barrel Ride, Cycle Monorail, Joker, Sky Tours Observation Tower, Tree Tops Swing

Legoland Windsor - Fairy Tale Brook, Longboat Invader (Rockin Tug), Sky Rider, Thunder Blazer, Train

Pleasure Island – GoGator, Falls of Fear, Galleon

Germany

Kernie's Familienpark - Kernie's Boot (Rockin Tug), Flying Carousel, Tea Cups, Disk-O

Denmark

Farup Sommerland – Wave Swinger, Tekopperne (Tea Cups), Raeven Hule (walk-thru)

Tivoli Friheden – Forhindringsbane (Obstacle Course)

France

Mer de Sable – Riviere Sauvage, Train du Desert, Jungle des Chikapas (Indoor Tow Boat), Babagattaux (Outdoor Tow Boat)

Netherlands

Toverland - Paarden Van Ithaka

Sweden

Grona Lund – Kuling (Rockin Tug)

Spain

Parque d'Attractiones Madrid - Los Rapidos, Noriavision (Ferris Wheel), Ford T (Vintage Cars)

China

Chengdu – Family Coaster, Jungle Mouse, Loop Screw (*)

Suzhou Amusement Land - Junior Coaster, Space Adventure (*)

Suzhou Giant Wheel Park – Stingray (need photos)

Japan

Kamine – Dragon Coaster, See Through Coaster (*)

Kashiikaen – Bun Bun Coaster, Rushing Coaster

Lina World – Hello Kitty Angel Coaster, Scramble Coaster, Super Coaster

Pleasure Garden – Mad Mouse, Through the Woods Jet Coaster (*)

Rusutsu – Corkscrew, Mountain Coaster (*)

Sendai Highland – Dragon, Loop the Loop (*)

Space City – Space Switchback (*)

Suntopia – Loop the Loop (*)

Utsunomiya Zoo - (*)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the following rides we only need pictures of the ride sign:

USA/Canada

Bowcraft – Crossbow, Dragon

Galaxyland – Autosled, Mindbender, Space Shot

Ghost Town in the Sky - Cliffhanger

Marineland - Ladybug Coaster, Topple Tower, Skyhawk

Universal Hollywood - King Kong

UK

Flamingoland – Navigator, Sky Flyer

Legoland Windsor - Extreme Team Challenge, Jolly Rocker, Wave Surfer

Pleasure Island (UK) - GoGator

Other Europe

Linnanmaki - Pilotti

Power Park – Pegasus (Evolution)

Sommerland Syd - Kaemperutshebanen, Tornado, King Kong Karrusel (Calypso), Svingeren (Wave Swinger)

Tivoli Friheden – Forhindringsbane (Obstacle Course)

Walibi Rhone Alps - Boomerang, Coccinelle

Other Asia/Australia

Adventure World (AUS) - Dragon Express

Chengdu – Family Coaster, Jungle Mouse, Loop Screw (*)

Kamine – Dragon Coaster, See Through Coaster (*)

Kashiikaen – Bun Bun Coaster, Rushing Coaster (*)

Lina World – Hello Kitty Angel Coaster, Scramble Coaster, Super Coaster (*)

Pleasure Garden – Mad Mouse, Through the Woods Jet Coaster (*)

Rusutsu – Corkscrew, Go Go Coaster, Hurricane, Loop the Loop, Mad Mouse, Mountain Coaster, Standing Coaster, Ultra Twister(*)

Sendai Highland – Dragon, Hurricane, Loop the Loop, Mad Mouse (*)

Space City – Space Switchback (*)

Utsunomiya Zoo - (*)

Zhongsang Park –Inertial Coaster (*)

As the Submission feature in the Park Index is currently disabled, the best way to currently submit a ride photo is to download the photo into this thread or e-mail me at larrygator@themeparkreview.com.

Remember photos must be .jpg should not exceed 800x600 (Unfortunately, in the past many people have submitted photos that were far too large for TPR to use or in pdf form.)

High quality photos, please (not blurry, distorted or out of focus).

Lastly, we are not adding kiddie rides or major upcharges at this time, but we are at the point where family rides such: transportation rides, carousels, ferris wheels and bumper cars are being added.

We are also not adding FECs (Family Entertainment Centers) to the Park Index. Our current rule of thumb is to include places that have 6 or more adults rides.

And if you have to ability to scan your park maps, feel free to submit those for the years that all not already in the Park Index.

Of course any PTRs containing superior photos or entertaining captions and a variety of pictures including multiple rides and areas (Not just one or two rides/attractions) are always valued. Attention has been given to every previously submitted Photo TR. Don't feel discouraged if we can't include every one.

Photo in your PTRs must be downloaded onto the Theme Park Review server (not Imageshack, photobucket) for it to be included in the Park Index, that way we know a Red X will never appear.

Lastly, if you have photos of a non-kiddie ride that is not in TPR's Park Index, please submit that also. The list of what we need is not complete, only based on ride that appear on my personal park maps.

Edited by larrygator

Six Flags Over Georgia 2010 park map.

Also it says that Ninja is either closed or no longer open, it was operating when I was there in 2010.

I also have a higher quality photo of Sandstorm ride at Busch Gardens Africa if you want it.

IMG_3379.JPG.b06bc92de41db5eba87537311166d292.JPG

IMG_3381.JPG.f49b694cea8e263af8ecc58d4329f400.JPG

I really like the New Park Index

and I just found out there is a Theme Park Review Party's to grade

Brilliant

I'm shocked it took this long for someone to post about it!

Yes, it's quietly gone live and we're doing some testing on it. Very soon I'm going to roll out a site-wide beta test! But for now just enjoy it for what it is!

--Robb

Just a side note for the index, Survivor: The Ride is now named Tiki Twirl at CGA. www.cagreatamerica.com/attractions/category.cfm?ac_id=2

I will be starting a thread shortly for people to supply the names of all rides that have been renamed for the 2011 season. There will be quite a lot of them and I want to keep them all in one place to track them properly.

thanks