TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point Home Page

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I think this is worthy of a topic, but since there is one I will say that I think it looks incredibly stupid, washed out, and boring; yet easier to navigate (slightly).

The site is kind of...meh. Yellow really doesn't fit the park (despite the fact that there's loads of yellow in the park) and blue was a much better choice. And why on earth did they remove the fun animated banner of the park? It added a nice amount of "life" and movement to the site that goes well with the feeling of an exciting amusement park.

Yeah, it does seem (slightly) easier to navigate...not that the old site was complex and confusing. But, I really do miss the animated banner at the top of the page. That thing was so cool, especially how they changed it from day to night depending on the time of day. Oh well, at least all the pertinent information is still there.

-Doug

Well the old site also had a nack of totally breaking when I viewed it in Firefox.

So maybe they switched to an easier to navigate, more standard designed site.

Hopefully the resort reservation got an overhaul. (it crashed earlier when I tried to test it). As that part of the site looked like something you'd see back in the early 90s.

I never understood why they had this flashy website, with such a crappy reservation back end.

The new bland site represents the bland park! Cha-ching!

That made me laugh.

I liked the old one better, but this is more professional... but on the other hand, do they want to convey a "professional" image? Amusement parks are supposed to be fun and thrilling, not really professional.

^Ach, I was going to say the exact same thing, but you beat me to it. I don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said, but still...I do miss the little animated coasters at the top.

By the way, "ach?" Sorry, I don't know where that came from.