TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Firefox 3 Releases Today!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty much on par with Safari on the Mac side as of now. Speed and functionality are about equal. I usually just leave both browsers running on my system, if I find something that won't work on one, I just go to the other. The one thing Safari does better is in-page search.

I have been a Firefox user for about 2 1/2 years now. It's pretty much the best browser out there, in my opinion. It loads alot faster than IE, and I feel much safer when I'm browsing in Firefox. I downloaded Firefox 3 last night as soon as I got off work. I really like the updated look and it seems to load just as fast as the previous versions. I'm sure I'll discover some bugs, but Mozilla will fix them soon enough.

I recommend it to everyone.

^ Those are the same problems that I have with Firefox. I don't do a whole lot of Instant Viewing on Netflix, but I do have to use IE for my online college classes.

Overall I do like Firefox 3. It looks really nice. The only problem that I have really found is that it doesn't always open a page on the first try. There are times when I have to refresh the page to get it to load right.

I use both. IE7 for general browsing, and Firefox for web development. Firefox's java is MUCH faster than IE's, but IE displays more pages better, since it "assumes" mistakes in an HTML environment, and corrects them.

Probably one of the biggest setbacks of "standards compliance" is that web sites and their designers and developers aren't perfect. Web browsers that brag this "compliance" show everyone's mistakes. IE on the other hand corrects them without much notice or error.

Will have to check out FF3 now!

Firefox 3 is on par with Safari 3... but Safari 4 has already been seeded to devs, and I have it on my Mac right now and it's extremely fast!!

I downloaded FireFox 3 and deleted it in the same day. I don't see the point, it's not a native OS X app and the interface looks terrible. Safari is still faster as well.

I've never understood why people flock to FireFox. I honestly think it's just because it's not IE.

Safari FTW

-iSean

FireFox has been my browser of choice for about two or three years now; it's just better than IE in so many ways! Here's why:

Skins to change the look of FF.

Extensions to add functions to FF, everything from MP3 players to

Tabs, and although IE7 has them, FF, Netscape, and Opera have had 'em for much longer.

Safer than IE!

Faster than IE!

Spellcheck!

I'll go download FF3 now...

I downloaded it last night. It looks nice, but finding a website in your history is more difficult...

If you press ctrl+H it comes up in the sidebar. Much easier to use!

I've been using it for a couple days now and I like it! Though I have had problems logging into myspace, etc. (Its not my cookies) compared to FF2

I've never understood why people flock to FireFox. I honestly think it's just because it's not IE.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner. What do we have for him Johnny?!

Years ago, and I'm even going pre-Firefox 1.0, Firefox offered a lot that IE didn't at the time. Tabbed browsing is what personally won me over. Its also simpler, and easier to mod, than IE from what it looks like to me (is there an official IE extensions site that I don't know about?). Now, IE has adapted, adding tabbed browsing for instance, but why go back?

Ding ding ding! We have a winner. What do we have for him Johnny?!

Years ago, and I'm even going pre-Firefox 1.0, Firefox offered a lot that IE didn't at the time. Tabbed browsing is what personally won me over. Its also simpler, and easier to mod, than IE from what it looks like to me (is there an official IE extensions site that I don't know about?). Now, IE has adapted, adding tabbed browsing for instance, but why go back?

Hey man, I'm definitely not pro IE at all, but I never really understood why FF was considered so awesome

Didn't Opera have tabbed browsing on release too? I think Safari did as well but I think it was released after FF.

Anyways, Enjoy your browser- whichever it may be

-Sean