TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventure Gardens (RCT2)

I was browsing the local newspaper and discovered this article.

Quote:

This summer is sure to be the best yet for New Englanders with Six Flags New England, Lake Compounce, and Canobie Lake Park all classic favorites for amusement park-goers. Now there's one more to add, Adventure Gardens.

Park owner Bob Merling said, "This is my dream and I am absolutely delighted to see it come true. Though a relatively new park, I feel that Adventure Gardens can compete with the other New England parks very shortly. Set to open in June, the 150 acre park is sure to be a hit among families and thrill-seekers alike.

After reading this I stormed down to the park and indeed saw that construction was progressing slowly, but surely.

Comments and suggestions are recommended and updates are sure to come.

SCR9.BMP

Aerial view! So far it's nice, but obviously the park has tons of expanding to do.

SCR5.BMP

I presume that this is where I can pick up a park map.

SCR4.BMP

Here's the bridge to the main area of the park.

SCR10.BMP

There's Mama Mia's Italian Eatery. Hopefully they'll have some killer pasta and pizza. The balcony looks great too.

SCR3.BMP

The fountain looks great and Main Street Creamery is rumored to have incredible homemade ice cream!

SCR2.BMP

Here's the first area of the park- Main Street. Looks like they have plenty of shops and buildings already constructed.

SCR7.BMP

Another view of the entrance plaza.

SCR1.BMP

Here's the entrance plaza. I really like it and it reminds me of Geauga Lake's old entrance.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the ghost: Thank you. This is my third park posted actually (Fun Forest, Holiday World (not completed), and this one).

DBru: I really liked the entrance plaza myself. I really think it sets the stage for a great park.

Now for the update. The grand opening was today and it was a great day. So far the park is pretty small, but the crowds were pretty good for a park of its size and they had a half price special for the first day!

SCR16.BMP

This was the busiest and most popular attraction in the park, and for good reason since it's the park's only coaster.

SCR15.BMP

Flying through the helix.

SCR14.BMP

Essentially this is Wildfire's whole layout. Look at all that twisty goodness.

SCR13.BMP

I'll finish this update with the park's first coaster, Wildfire. It's a Schwarzkopf custom spiral lift coaster.

SCR12.BMP

These are some of the best bumper cars around, simply because they have Lusse skooters! Boy, these things hit hard.

SCR7.BMP

If you haven't realized it yet, the park owner bought the rides he enjoyed during his childhood for the park. The Tumble Bug fits into that category. To the right of it in the photo is the Jungle Cafe and to the left is the First Aid building.

SCR6.BMP

Wow! The park even has a whip. It's in great condition too!

SCR5.BMP

Indeed it is.

SCR4.BMP

Is that a caterpillar I see?

SCR3.BMP

After crossing the bridge, the first ride one encounters is the Grand Carousel. The ride is very popular on rainy days. Heck it's popular even on crystal clear days.

SCR10.BMP

Skyview brings you to the other station that is towards the center of the park.

SCR1.BMP

Here's another view of Skyview and it's bucket cars.

SCR11.BMP

The park added a sky ride named Skyview on Main Street to bring guests to the ride part of the park. It was a walk-on when I arrived so I hopped on.

Thank you everyone for all the comments. The park is getting ready to kick off its second operating year. Bob invited me into the park to get some photos and I couldn't refuse. Let me say that the park is loking better and better each time I visit.

SCR15.BMP

I actually caught the ride testing! It seems to run quite well.

SCR13.BMP

I wonder how bad the headbanging will be.

SCR14.BMP

Essentially Lumberjack's layout is a drop, a vertical loop, two corkscrews, and some turns.

SCR12.BMP

But by far the park's biggest addition this year is Lumberjack, a custom Arrow coaster.

SCR9.BMP

This definitely looks like it's one of the better roller skaters out there!

SCR8.BMP

On the other end of Kiddyland is the Log Jammer, the park's Vekoma roller skater (special thanks to DBru for the layout).

SCR1.BMP

Garden Monster is a standard Zamperla kiddie coaster with beautiful landscaping around it.

SCR2.BMP

Here's the park's second roller coaster, the Garden Monster.

SCR4.BMP

In honor of Bob's beloved grandmother, this crooked house was named Grandma's House.

SCR5.BMP

Here's Speed Racer, the park's motorcycle ride.

SCR7.BMP

Closer view of the Astronaut... and the Snack Shack.

SCR6.BMP

Across from the carousel and planes are Tree Fall (S&S Frog Hopper) and the Astronaut (Herschell rocket ride).

SCR3.BMP

Proceding over the bridge, I entered Kiddyland. This picture primarily shows off the Kiddy Carousel and the Barnstormer.

SCR11.BMP

From what I've heard, this new Ferris wheel will be named the Wonder Wheel. Hopefully it will give some great views of the park's rides.

SCR10.BMP

I see that the park has added a Paratrooper.

Great update!

Glad to see one of my products being put to use! (If anyone else would like one for their parks, please PM me, and I will add your park to my catalog!)

Have you checked out my RCT2 Challenge yet? I feel confident that you would do well...

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43995&start=0

After another successful year, Adventure Gardens is preparing for its third year, and it also looks to be their best. The year is highlighted by the addition of Rampage, a GCI custom twister that flies by many trees. This is sure to be the park's signature attraction! Now onto the photos.

SCR7.BMP

Finishing this update is Whirlwind, the park's Huss frisbee. I think it makes for quite a site entering the park.

SCR6.BMP

Rampage wasn't the only new ride added this year. Blade, a Fabbri Kamikaze was also added. Those trees really should make the ride exciting.

SCR5.BMP

Another aerial view.

SCR4.BMP

Pretty much an entire overview of Rampage. It reminds me somewhat of the Ozark Wildcat.

SCR3.BMP

I can't wait until this thing opens.

SCR2.BMP

This thing looks like it's going to provide some decent air for a GCI.

SCR1.BMP

There she is with all her twisty goodness.

cinciDAWGS12: Yeah, Rampage's first drop truely is a doozy. I couldn't agree more on the park's feel.

D-86: I'm not going to add a water park, but I will add water rides in the future such as a log flume, river rapids ride, or a shoot the chute ride.

Now onto update 5. The park has again added some more rides, but they haven't attracted as much as in previous years since no new coaster was added. Bob conducted a survey for park guests and determined that thrill-seekers wanted a major coaster like Superman at Six Flags or Boulder Dash at Lake Compounce. Bob was shocked since he thought Rampage was pretty darn thrilling (it got #5 in the golden ticket awards), but Bob said that next year expect the "American dream" to come true.

SCR5.BMP

the Garden Games, a state of the art arcade.

SCR4.BMP

The park also added a new restaurant this year along with...

SCR1.BMP

Here's a closer view of Up, Up, & Away.

SCR2.BMP

Two new family rides were added this year- Up, Up, & Away (Zamperla samba tower) and the Wave Swinger (Zierer model).

Well the park had a huge expansion this year and really catered to thrill seekers.

SCR16.BMP

Here's the whole ride's layout. It completely occupies the eastern border of the park and really is incredible. So far reviews have said that it's right on par with Superman!

SCR19.BMP

One final helix and the brake run.

SCR18.BMP

Don't be fooled, this drop may have given the best air of any of Patriot's drops.

SCR17.BMP

Here's the Patriot's second tunnel.

SCR15.BMP

Yep you guessed it, more air time!

SCR14.BMP

Air Time!

SCR13.BMP

Here come the bunny hills!

SCR12.BMP

I absolutely loved the turnaround. The drop into it gave sweet ejector air and the speed and forces during those turns were incredible.

SCR11.BMP

Air Time!

SCR10.BMP

This gives you an idea of exactly how huge the first drop is.

SCR9.BMP

The first drop is very intense, gigantic with insane air.

SCR8.BMP

Constructed by B&M, the Patriot instantly became the park's most popular attraction.

SCR7.BMP

Last but not least is... the Patriot!

SCR6.BMP

The building in the bottom right hand corner houses a motion simulator known as Warzone. The film had great special effects.

SCR5.BMP

There's one of the Freedom Train's stations. Unfortunately the ride wasn't operational yet and the park doesn't expect it to for a few years.

SCR4.BMP

Here's the new eatery and bathrooms.

SCR3.BMP

The American Scream top spin was also added. It was running a really good program.

SCR2.BMP

A new round-up has been added with a very long cycle.

SCR1.BMP

Welcome to America- the Brave.

^I was thinking the same thing about that...You could make another hill with all that wasted straight track. If your gonna make straight track like that then make like a tunnel at the bottom of the first hill. But it still looks great! Patriot looks a lot like Apollo.

I'd love to go to that USA section. Awesome hyper, and 2 of my favorite flats (Round Up and Top Spin). Good job on the park so far. Can't wait to see what's added next. Maybe some terraining, since thats the only thing it lacks right now.

DBru: I shortened the straight track section and just made the tunnel longer.

Reon: I know the park is lacking terraining, but this is really my first major park so I don't want to try terraining next. I'll try that in my next one.

Hopefully I'll have an update tonight.

^ I tried adding them, but they just didn't seem to fit in from my view.

Sorry it's been a while, but the park added another new coaster this year, the Merling Mining Co. It's an Arrow mine train and a great one.

SCR8.BMP

Here's the last helix.

SCR5.BMP

Here's the third lift.

SCR7.BMP

More of the ride.

SCR6.BMP

Here's the second lift. Soon after there's a surprise drop. Can you see it?

SCR4.BMP

That drop gives incredible laterals.

SCR3.BMP

This shows the first lift and great turnaround.

SCR2.BMP

Here's the entrance plaza.

SCR1.BMP

An aerial view of part of the ride.