TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Orlando in November

djrappa

Being the apparent geniuses that you two seem to be in getting the most out of the minimum at parks thought I would see if you have any inside hints or tips for this time of year?

I'll be making the long haul up from down here for the LDI trade show in Orlando and will be spending the first week or so of November before that at Disneyworld and Universal...

Plan is at this stage to stay at Coronado on site at Disney.

Have you guys got any advice on things not to miss or ways to maximise value whilst in town?

My first time over to the east coast so I'm very fresh on the place.

Thanks, AND thanks for the last few weeks of great reading.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have time do a search for orlando tips/suggestions, even orlando november...we have had a LOT of posts about this time of year in Florida and answered quite a few questions. If you have any more specific questions please then post again and we'll be happy to help!

Elissa "is anyone not going to be in Florida in November?!?!" Alvey

Really?

I hadn't remembered reading anything before, then again I probably didn't have a reason too

Thanks for that, I'll certainly take a look around... I know how anoying it can be to read and answer the same questions time and time again

Good question though, if anyone is planning to be in town that time of year give us a shout. I know last year quite a few WC folk were even heading to Vegas for the actual LDI show...

Forgive the double post but what can you do

Thanks for the search tip, had a good read through some of the past threads.

Couple questions just to get your opinion...

Do you have any insight on what you think are some things that shouldn't be missed at SW, Universal or WDW?

Obviously the rides are there, we know of most of them but things like places to eat or shows and stuff that shouldn't be missed would be handy to know. I kind of know as much about the place as is possible from reading but obviously don't have the 'have to have experienced it' knowledge like I now have for like Disneyland and the rest of the Socal parks.

Thanks

At Sea World, the two thrill rides are in the exact same place but if you have some time I would really do a FULL lap of the park. It is one of the nicest looking and just very relaxing feel kind of parks. I don't usually eat here so I can't help with food, but I do know they have a restaurant similar to Epcot where you can dine with Sharks swimming around you.

In addition to the big rides and attractions at Universal, make sure to find the "rock climbing" it's very themed. Jimmy Neutron might seem like a kids ride but there is one section that will have you cracking up! GO TO IOA AND EAT AT MYTHOS.

WDW - Avoid strollers and wheelchairs killing your ankles and run around mouth gaping open like the kids...its' fun! I don't really eat inside of the Magic Kingdom...all of the other parks and resorts at Disney have better food. Here is a short list: Ohana's, Spoodles, any country in Epcot, Mama Melroses, Sci Fi Dine In, etc.

Elissa "hope this helps" Alvey

Kewl, thanks for that.

Sounds like you share my sentiments in regards to our Sea World as well. Just a nice park to spend some time in.

Will keep an eye out for everything you sugested...

Gotta love work giving you an excuse to come to Orlando

Maybe we can get a group togther of some of us Florida people. I think Novemeber is a wonderful time to go to Florida....The weather is much nicer, the parks are less crowded, and you do not have to worry about the daily afternoon thunderstorms.

My family and I usually visit Orlando on November or December each year, mostly cause we like the cold weather more than the hot summer...

As for things you should not miss:

Islands of Adventure: Try to go around the park and hit all the coasters. Given that you should not hit big lines, you should be able to do this pretty easy...

Universal Studios:

The Mummy is a nice fun ride.

Earthquake is nice also, although smaller kids tend to get very scared.

Jimmy Neutron's ride is fun, and even adults will like it.

The Shrek 4D show is very nice, specially if you liked the movies.

The Animal Plannet show is skipped by many; but I for one believe you must watch this show... very entertaining.. .

Disney:

Since you are going to stay inside Disney, make sure you use their bus transportation. It does help, and you save a bunch on parking...

In addition, watch for special offers on the Resort's caffeteria (for example, on Pop Century there are refillable Soda mugs)...

Since you are on a Disney resort, make sure you also take advantage of the priority seating on the restaurants... You must go to Plannet Hollywood, have their chicken crunch apetizer, and eat some ribs...

watch out for the extended hours on Disney parks... Always try to take advantage of the one hour early entrance to a park... It is way better than the two extra hours you get at night...

I'll see what else I come up with...

Since you are going to stay inside Disney, make sure you use their bus transportation. It does help, and you save a bunch on parking...

WDW resort guests do not have to pay for parking. You get a parking pass when you check in. (I hate buses.)

Don't eat at Sea World!!! The food is horrible.

If your are looking for counter service, our favorite food at MK (besides cream cheese pretzels) is at Columbia Harbour House, across from Haunted Mansion.

If you are going to AK, don't miss Pizzafari. Even if you don't eat there, just go in and walk through all the rooms.

Elissa "is anyone not going to be in Florida in November?!?!" Alvey

I'm not.... unless, of course, you would like to take me with you!!!

I was there in November 2001 (right after 9/11, so take that into consideration) and the crowds were extremely light at Disney. If you are going to be there anytime mid-month on, you should get the opportunity to enjoy the holiday decorations as they were putting them up in full force when we were there November 11-13 that year.

Shari "I'll go if someone wants to take me with them...and pay for me" Shoufler

• 2 weeks later...

I plan to dig this thread back from the dead closer to the time but would be cool to see who WILL actualy be in town from the 3rd to the 10th of November, perhaps you could meet up with the crazy Aussies

I plan to dig this thread back from the dead closer to the time but would be cool to see who WILL actualy be in town from the 3rd to the 10th of November, perhaps you could meet up with the crazy Aussies

Umm, I probably shouldn't make any plans to meet people on my honeymoon. I think wifey would frown upon that.