TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Python Pit evacuation!

nay

Yeah, I'll admit that I've been on my share of kiddie coasters, but I haven't had the pleasure of going to a Jeepers until now. It was a sad day. But it had to happen at some point.

What happened after the ride was what made it completely worth it. Yes, we had to evacuate the Python Pit coaster. After the third lap, instead of normally stopping, the train went up the lift hill again. Only it didn't make it over. So the ride op told us to stay there while she ran off to get help. The guy she returned with got a ladder that was off to the side. Larry and I were close to the ground so we just kind of hopped out. Luckily Rich and Melanie got to use the ladder.

Though they're not the best photos, I managed to get a few of this memorable experience. I think that any Jeepers credits after this one are going to be a huge disappointment for me.

Renee

jeepersevac03.jpg.0f40522430d8fc5bdcf547f2a4612a48.jpg

Rich made it out of there alive too.

jeepersevac02.jpg.d4cf4d06b5ea1002d3f7141bd5e63bab.jpg

Melanie managed to escape unharmed.

jeepersevac01.jpg.f9e77dfd54f873244ca1385c4e125fc1.jpg

Our rescue team has arrived.

jeepersevac04.jpg.6259048ee4b3c7e4ca4d363b2e0431bd.jpg

Jeepers: Coaster whoring at its finest.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm amazed this didn't make the national news.

"And in other news people were evacuated from the Python Pit rollercoaster at Jeepers today. Nobody was injured, but some guest were in shock from the experience" *cut to a heavy set woman with redneck voice* "It was the most horrifying experience of my life. I will never go on another amusement ride again, they are just unsafe."

I can see it now!

This is just MORE evidence that Larry's fat ass is the one that broke the kiddie coaster on the UK trip if he has done it again and it didn't break when I was on it!

I told everyone!!!

Peace, Big Mike

Reanie - thanks for having the quick reflexes to snap these dramatic photos as we were being ushered away from the scene. What a great end to a day of coastering. FYI - Rich, Melanie and I missed you on Sunday but we had no evacs.

Yup, we did indeed complete the ride and got the credit. I guess an added lap would have just been a bonus, but breaking the ride was even better. Though I don't think we were the ones that actually broke the ride - I blame the kid towards the front, who was bigger than any of us!

Melanie- this is like a chair evac at Swiss Valley...on the bunny hill!

(Inside joke from old ski instructor days)

Tooooooo funny! Glad you and Rich are ok. I just hope you got this out of your system before you go to Europe! Don't break anything big and expensive over there!

oh, and your hair does look fabulous!

Nay, thanks for the pics of my kid and kid-in-law! Priceless!

Hi Mel's Mom!

You have a wonderful daughter and your kid in law is the best there is!

You need to talk to them about the bad influence they hang out with though

I will look out for your kids while overseas!

Peace, Big Mike

"And in other news people were evacuated from the Python Pit rollercoaster at Jeepers today. Nobody was injured, but some guest were in shock from the experience" *cut to a heavy set woman with redneck voice* "It was the most horrifying experience of my life. I will never go on another amusement ride again, they are just unsafe."

I can see it now!

Haha, was anyone else thinking Snakes & Ladders?

I jsut burst out laughing reading those.