TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark - June 8th

I know this is a week old, but I thought I would share it with all you guys over here.

Hey all. I just came back from my third trip to Hersheypark this year, my first being in the summer season itself. Excellent day. Forcast called for the mid 90's. Sunny and clear and pleasent, as well as "hot"! The park wasn't that busy. All coasters had two trains running (except Fahrenheit which had its third train sitting in the maintenance / storage bay. Fahrenheit was not open for most of the morning, but did open for part of the afternoon before shutting down again. I think it did re-open later in the evening but I am not too sure. I did have the chance to ride it and will provide my experience later in this report. Storm Runner broke down for a short time in the afternoon but was back open in no time, as well as sooperdooperLooper. All coasters were walk-ons or minimal waits. I only waited about ten to fiveteen minutes for the front seat of Storm Runner.

I have more changes to report around the park for anyone who was not able to make it up there this year or for anyone who has been there and isn't that observant. So let's get started with the general updates:

They finally have a permemant sign on the entrance gate facing Rhineland, instead of the temporary one that was used during STITP.

They re-created the old entrance to Hersheypark by relocating the Elk statue from next to the entrance of ZooAmerica to this location. I like how they are bringing back some nostolgia that the park once had.

The old Rhineland sky ride station got a brand spanking new paintjob.

More 2009 teaser signs are up. Some are in the park map kiosks (side panels) and this one is posted at the Waverider.

Coal Cracker was running great all day. The renovated drop was running great as well.

Howler was up and running great. This was a very good ride and I really enjoyed it.

Got some good shots of Storm Runner's trains. Something I don't do that often.

Hershey's two Intamins, again, at their best.

And Fahrenheit in all its splendor.

This has to be one of my favorites shots of Great Bear, ever.

Same with East Coast Waterworks.

I guess it's time to say "goodbye" to a long-time friend....

What we can only imagine what this area is going to look like next year.

Now onto Fahrenheit. Once the ride got running, the line was pretty full, but I took notice that the singles line was open, so I went there. I only waited approx five minutes for the third row, vs waiting about a half hour or so for any row. Well worth it, IMO! The ride was awesome. The lift and first drop were intense, the rest of the ride was a lot of fun. The fun part was not being able to see where you were going. One minute I thought I was going to slam into the catering pavilions, the next minute, we went over the bunny hill, which provided "lots" of airtime. I definitely have to rank this one up with Great Bear and Storm Runner. It was definitely a real thriller! Now onto the pics:

Fahrenheit's station.

A third train was stored in the maintenance / storage bay.

Arriving in the station.

And waiting to load more riders.

121 feet or pure goodness!

All twisted up.

Going up....

And cresting the top.

And down the hill they go.

Through the corkscrew.

And into the cobra roll.

I leave you with this shot of Fahrenheit towering over the Boardwalk.

Enjoy the update and pics.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fahrenheit is, indeed, a great coaster. Also I strongly suggest you check out the singles line, should you visit HP and ride FH this year. I only waited approx five min for the third row. And to top it off, they had a group of singers there performing for the stand-by line. I think CP did this with MF and TTD. I walked right past them on my way to the singles line and they were quite good. I thought it was an in-queue sound system at first until I saw the singers there. I was going to ride it again later in the evening but my friend Alex and I were all coastered out by the end of the day (coasters had minimal waits or walk-ons all day, except FH) so we rode flats the rest of the evening.

ahh im heading up the 25th to get my Farenheit credit. Im pumped! Great TR, i hear storm runner has gotten very rough like every other intamin, did you notice that?

This is one time i love having expensive gas prices. I cook at a restaurant that's a tourist trap within the hershey area (it's actually owned by hershey, but i dont get any park benefits ) but tourism is down like 200-300% this year with gas prices. I've heard parks like Hershey are dry and the only people there are the locals, leading to no long lines. It's prolly not good for the company, but if i can walk on storm runner im not complaning

Great trip report, loved the pictures and knowing there is a single rider line for farenheight. Just knowing that I think I might actually try and make it there this year. Plus with the above post about gas prices keeping the crowds down I so want to go this year.

Fahrenheit is, indeed, a great coaster. Also I strongly suggest you check out the singles line, should you visit HP and ride FH this year. I only waited approx five min for the third row. And to top it off, they had a group of singers there performing for the stand-by line. I think CP did this with MF and TTD. I walked right past them on my way to the singles line and they were quite good. I thought it was an in-queue sound system at first until I saw the singers there. I was going to ride it again later in the evening but my friend Alex and I were all coastered out by the end of the day (coasters had minimal waits or walk-ons all day, except FH) so we rode flats the rest of the evening.

That's cool I will keep that in mind if I go. How long was the wait for the normal line? Just one more thing...What exactly did they do to Coal Cracker's drop?

Well I originally was expected the whole queue line for Fahrenheit to be full but it wasn't. About a little over half of it was full but it was a good half hour or over to wait there, so I figured since I was by myself, why not take advantage of the singles line since it was open.

They tore Coal Cracker's entire final drop down over the off-season and when Alex (my friend) and I went to STITP, it was still down but when we went back for Harley day a week later, it was back up. They completely refurbished it, as well as repainted it, as you can tell there is new paint on it vs the rest of the ride.

I don't know. I guess it comes with the ride's age. I mean the thing is around or over thirty years old. Maybe there is someone who works at HP who is a member of this site who may be able to answer that question for you.