TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's New Park Index Page - Beta Testing!

Hey everyone!

Some of you might have noticed with our recent X2 and Ravine Flyer II updates that we've been using a new system to post photos and captions.

Basically the entire "Park Index" page is getting an overhaul and we are converting it into a system where it will be much easier to navigate. Here are some of the features of this new system:

- Dynamic database so it's easy to add and change stuff

- Search function that REALLY works!

- Ability to sort by park, state, or country

- Many more parks listed than ever before! (You may even see some of your photos and trip reports added!)

- The ability for users to suggest parks or rides not currently in the database (coming soon)

Here is the link to the new index page:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/

Here is what we need your help on. Please report the following:

- Links that do not work properly

- Typos

- Functionality not working properly

- Cosmetic problems

- Anything else you might notice or want us to add to this new system

- Opinions, thoughts, suggestions - All are very welcome!

You may also notice that the index page looks exactly the same as it was before, but it functions MUCH better. I'm not a fan of site that change the look of something just for the sake of doing so.

This will go live sometime next week so as much clicking around and reporting errors as you have time for would be VERY helpful!

Thank you all VERY much! We really hope you think this new system will be a great addition to Theme Park Review.

--Robb

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ I have added Kemah Boardwalk.

^^ Thanks about Knott's being missing. It's not intentional, but kind of funny!

^ I'm actually working on the SFMM page since there will be so many updates to add.

--Robb

^ Yeah, the search is just for rides and parks. If you want to Search Denmark you'll need to sort by Country Name and all the Denmark parks will be listed under "D"

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/index.php?order=country

Yeah, and as far as the page links that link to the old static pages, those new links will have to be changed by hand. That won't happen right away.

Like with the forum page links in the top-left and bottom-right corner.

I'm not sure what you mean here.

--Robb

When trying to click on the letters at the top it won't jump down to that section. It seems like the page tries to reload, but no movement occurs.

*edit* I'm too slow I guess! I'm using Opera and have no functionality on that. Tried it in IE as well but still had no luck there either which is why I didn't mention it earlier. *edit*

The letter link anchors aren't working for me. Or at least, not in Firefox. They work in my IE.

Ahh, good find. I will see if there is a fix for this.

Out of curiosity, will there be a way to submit pictures/videos/etc. to have them listed?

Yes...it's called READING THE FIRST POST...

Quoted from page 1:

- The ability for users to suggest parks or rides not currently in the database (coming soon)

--Robb

Visionland and Alabama Adventure are listed.

Yes, that is on purpose. If a park has two different names (Big Chief's/Mount Olympus, Magic Kingdom/Disney's Magic Kingdom, Knott's Camp Snoopy/Nick Universe) we will try to list both names especially if we have multiple updates for each park.

--Robb

Took a quick look and it looks great so far. BTW, thanks for putting my TR from last year under Alabama Adventure. I appreciate it!

You are very welcome! Basically the rule of thumb is this -

If you've posted a decent Photo TR and the photos were uploaded to TPR using the "Add photo" tool when posting, your TR will probably end up being added to the park index page.

We move the best Photo TR's to the "Photo TR Archive" and that is where we pull most of the TR's that get listed from. There will also be an option to "Suggest a park/ride to TPR" and this will have an option for pasting a URL to a trip report.

Once that is submitted it will alert the mods to have a look at the TR to see if it should be added or not.

--Robb