TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Final Destination 4

I have known about this for months, but now that filming just finished several weeks ago and post production has begun, it's time to begin the discussions and speculation. Like the third movie, this one too, takes place at an amusement venue. Instead of a Vekoma death machine, this involves a teen who's premonition saves him and some of his friends from a car crash at a race track that sends debris flying into the audience in the stands.

The film is directed by David R. Ellis (Final Destination 2, Snakes on a Plane).

The movie was filmed mostly in New Orleans including a scene, which my friend who lives in New Orleans told me about, at the New Orleans Center which was renovated into the "Springhill Mall" for the film. Her mom works right near there and has told me about the filming taking place there. What has been said already is all I know about the movie. So this is just speculation at this point, but I have a feeling this might be for a shocking ending similar to that of FD3.

More information can be found here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1144884/

I plan to see this opening night at my local theater!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Can you make sure to do this on the last day of your trip! Since it's the first day of the east coast tour, I'd like to be witness to Tyler being beaten.

Oh and as far as FD goes, only the first one I liked. The rest so far sucked.

^^^It can be TPR's first major motion picture. I want to be the horny neighbor whom dies after getting his head suffed into a microwave by Natatomic after she finds out I have been stealing her cable.

^Last House On The Left, A Clockwork Orange, Dawn of the Dead, Friday the 13th #1, all of the Halloweens, Nightmare on Elm Street #1, and any Alfred Hitchcock.

I have known about this for months, but now that filming just finished several weeks ago and post production has begun, it's time to begin the discussions and speculation. Like the third movie, this one too, takes place at an amusement venue. Instead of a Vekoma death machine, this involves a teen who's premonition saves him and some of his friends from a car crash at a race track that sends debris flying into the audience in the stands.

The film is directed by David R. Ellis (Final Destination 2, Snakes on a Plane).

The movie was filmed mostly in New Orleans including a scene, which my friend who lives in New Orleans told me about, at the New Orleans Center which was renovated into the "Springhill Mall" for the film. Her mom works right near there and has told me about the filming taking place there. What has been said already is all I know about the movie. So this is just speculation at this point, but I have a feeling this might be for a shocking ending similar to that of FD3.

More information can be found here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1144884/

I plan to see this opening night at my local theater!

LOL! JUST KIDDING!

Fixed.

Now, only if it were true

I'll probably bring a stack of movies on the Behemoth/Ravine flyer (and East Coast) trip on a hard drive for the sake of portability def be some horror in there. I'll be filming Natatomic's psychotic episode for my winning entry for Funniest Home Videos - hopefully when she attacks he will be falling off something at the same time.

While the movies themselves aren't very good, I do enjoy the gory way people die in them.

Yeah, there hasn't been a good strong plot since the first one, the deaths weren't all that gruesome in the first, but the story-line made up for it. The second one has the best deaths and twists in my opinion, but the story line is horrible and weak. See the movie to understand why. In the third one, they finally got it right. Nice intense and dramatic build up to the disaster/premonition, emotional connections between characters, very brutal/disgusting/twisted deaths, and an unexpected twist in the end.

East coast trip people: I'm not bringing my laptop on the trip, so somebody please bring the Final Destination movies for the horror film festival on the bus. Lets all watch FD3 before some night rides on the coaster look-alike Great American Scream Machine!

Not a big fan of the Final Destination movies.

#1- decent movie. But now, I'm afraid to ride on planes...

#2- scared the crap out of me. That's okay though, because I've always been afraid of those log trucks...

#3- worst one yet. Luckily, I'm still in love with coasters! (That scene wasn't believable at all!) Then again, I'm now afraid of tanning beds...

#4- I'm sure it won't be too good, and I'll end up never visiting a race track again. Then again, who knows...

Not a big fan of the Final Destination movies.

#1- decent movie. But now, I'm afraid to ride on planes...

#2- scared the crap out of me. That's okay though, because I've always been afraid of those log trucks...

#3- worst one yet. Luckily, I'm still in love with coasters! (That scene wasn't believable at all!) Then again, I'm now afraid of tanning beds...

#4- I'm sure it won't be too good, and I'll end up never visiting a race track again. Then again, who knows...

1 - I think it's based on a real accident.

2 - Best opening sequence.

3 - Who wouldn't be afraid of tanning beds after watching that?

4 - Maybe you will never visit a pool, mall, or cinema either based on what I have heard.

Can some please tell me what theme for #2 was. I haven't seen it in a while and can'r remember what it was about?

One year after the disaster in the first movie, a massive and fiery pileup occurs on a highway in which the main characters are saved by a premonition which delays Kimberly and her friends from entering the highway in their SUV. That car crash sequence was awesome!

My only real complaint about 2 is the lacking of connection between the main characters since they are all total strangers (mostly adults) whereas in 1 and 3, they are teenagers who all know each other from school. That connection adds to the drama of the whole movie, and that whole side story with the pregnant lady in #2 - complete waste of time and unnecessary sidetrack from the plot.

HAHA!!! They better have an awesome death ending like in FD 2. When the kids blew up because of the barbeque. Hilarity.

---Brent

My friend's mom told me she heard explosions at the at the New Orleans Center, where part of the movie was filmed last month, since her office building is attached to the New Orleans Center. My guess is the ending takes place in the "Springhill Mall" which is the New Orleans Center all dressed up and renovated for this scene in the movie. This is certainly something to look forward to!