TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR: California's Great America 6-7-2008

Thanks for the update. I was just there on Monday with my 8th grade class and it was fun! But the lines were kinda long. I went on Firefall: so much fun, but it needs to be alot longer. Survivor: waited in line in the hot sun for over an hour for this ride and it was boring. Invertigo: line seemed slow, but it was actually kinda fast, but the ride was so much fun. Flight Deck: I went on it 2 times because it was so much fun, but it needs to be way longer too, it was like over in a blink of an eye, but that was the best ride at the park.

Hey what school do you go to? The 8th graders at my brothers (my old) middle school went on Monday too. He goes to Jordan Middle School in Palo Alto.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah... I went on a weekend day and the lines were a little long early in the afternoon, but were really reasonable.

I wonder if a bunch of schools all went on Monday, then... seems odd that a Monday would be so busy, but I'm not too familiar with the crowd patterns here either.

I think Survivor becomes fun when the line is 10 - 15 minutes

Ya I herd from people that four rides were broken down Firefall broke down for a portion of the day. I also herd something kinda odd that the Wave pool is opeen for a hour then closed for a hour can anyone clarify this please?

I visited this park for the first time last year. If the park could get some decent coasters and a few more water park attractions it would definitely be one of my favorite parks out there.

The park itself, as others have said, is just beautiful and really has some unique attractions. If it could just get a few standout rides and a larger water park it would really be world class.

I happen to like this park a bit, it's a nice little park that you can easily enjoy for a day, and it's nice that it's not to far from where I live.

I do have to say that I am going to miss hearing "Highway to the Danger Zone" while in line for Top Gun (I refuse to call it Flight Deck. You hear me!? I will not accept it!!).

Very nice pictures too, quite artsy.

Thanks! I don't think it is anything special... it is a Ricoh Caplio R4 that I've had for a few years. I always thought it had great optics, but I'm not really a camera guy so I wouldn't know.

I wanted something that I could fit into a pocket and take just about anywhere... the lens retracts fully into the body, so it does that easily. Its lens is a great wide-angle and has a 7.1X zoom. At the time, it had a pretty wicked response time.. not sure how it holds up against new cams.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06022302ricohr4.asp

I think the line is still going... I think they are up to an R8 now, maybe with an R9 on the way...

Very nice pictures dude I like them. This park reminds me a lot of Kings Dominion and Carowinds. Firefall looks like a fantastic addition to the park...........But it makes me wonder WHY couldnt they rename Tomb Raider at Kings Dominion Firefall? The Crypt makes no sense cause it's outside, Firefall would have been a more appropriate name.........should I mention its old full name WAS TOMB RAIDER:FIREFALL!!!!............ugh Cedar Fair...........turning into Six Flags of the 21st century...