TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you in a hurry when you made this coaster too? Because it certainly seems that way.

Spend more time on your rides. This ride is extremely painful. Check out the back seat. Ouch! The top of the lift hill is misshapen. Why does it pump cresting the lift?

There are at least two red G's in the laterals. The two I noticed are exiting the block brake and a small part in the turn following the block brake.

Are the supports gray to imitate steel supports? If so, it looks pretty bad. You do know that you can autosupport steel supports, right? When you're autosupporting, first put up the normal supports. Uncheck catwalks and handrails. When the supports are built, select all and push "Z" to enable the support-panel. Change all of them to L-beam or H-beam (whatever you want), and make the color gray. Then open the autosupporter again. This time uncheck Clear Previous Structure and Enable Supports. Check catwalks and handrails. Those should be built and not change your support structure. Change the default color to a wood color, and that should do it.

Now on to the rest of the review.

Your coaster is rough. Check the back seat. There are lots of pumps and bumps all over the place.

It's also unsupported. The 90-degree or near-90-degree-banked turns should have more support in them. You'll need to do that manually.

View your track before uploading it. There are lots of collisions. The terrain goes through the track in one or two places. The footers even go through the rails at one point! There are a few places where the supports go through the track, so the upstops hit them.

Your track fails the tunnel test, and I didn't even have to add tunnels! Some parts are a little too close for comfort. Though the wooden tunnels add a bit of room since the openings and exits are narrower than the inside of the tunnel, there's at least one spot (under the first drop) where the tunnel collides with another tunnel.

Your block brake seems unnecessary. It's really late in the ride, and the track after it is short and fairly boring. You don't need to run three trains. Besides, you can't run them right. A train stops at the top of the lift hill because the block isn't clear, so it doesn't even help to have the block brake. The third train stops in the block brake when all three trains are at rest, which is unrealistic. It should be stopped in a brake run before the station. Is that how they park it when the park is closed?

The stop at the end is painful. Two-train operation wouldn't be so bad if it didn't have a complete stop. Ow.

There are lots of banks that are taken too quickly for the PTC cars to navigate. Look at the wheels. They pop through the body of the car because they can't handle banks like that.

Lastly, the track between the two camelbacks was awkwardly banked. I think it would work better without banking.

Overall, the layout is pretty good. It's got good airtime, and I can certainly see how at least the first half was inspired by Ravine Flyer II. If you didn't have to many problems, this would be a pretty nice ride. The problems are easy to remedy, so don't fret. Just spend more time on the coaster, and ride it in the front and the back to try to catch these things.

Hold on here. Don't be a bad sport! Haux gave you some good, CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, and now you just need to implement that and upload a new version. Don't just wuss out and ask a mod to close the thread. That is just going to lose you respect...

So put the download back up so the rest of us can see it and leave our comments. Then improve your coaster, and let us ride the updated version.

Thanks!

Umm. no i was just using tpr to help transfer the freaking"im trying to not use cuss words here" track i made really quick for the layout to my mac. So yea, i didnt so-call "wuss" out. d*** . Plus - why would i need respect from you guys. Its not like im gonna see you. The only person I'm probly gonna meet is "Smartestcoasterkidever" because im going to the same high school as him.

If you wanna see my crap i put together in just ten minutes before I headed out to the form shops at cesars palace and the canal shops a the venetian. Then i'll upload it to you.Im just trying to enjoy my time here.

hawthorne_flyer_101.nltrack

happy? Im working on it right now btw=]

Thank you.

I personally loved the layout, and I'm sure the new trains improved the ride experience. The only problem I had now was a few pumps, which can be EASILY smoothed.

Now that wasn't so bad, was it? No need to cuss at me, or be a smart-allic. I just wanted to see the coaster that you started a topic for!

With one simple press of "Ctrl+G", and the addition of supports, I came up with this:

hawthorne_flyer_101_196.nltrack

Not too shabby, eh?

Umm. no i was just using tpr to help transfer the freaking"im trying to not use cuss words here" track i made really quick for the layout to my mac. So yea, i didnt so-call "wuss" out. d*** . Plus - why would i need respect from you guys. Its not like im gonna see you. The only person I'm probly gonna meet is "Smartestcoasterkidever" because im going to the same high school as him.

If you wanna see my crap i put together in just ten minutes before I headed out to the form shops at cesars palace and the canal shops a the venetian. Then i'll upload it to you.Im just trying to enjoy my time here.

Umm he sticks up for you, and you lash out on him? Grow up, seriously. Also I know TPR is very strict about poor grammar and punctuation, especially anyone under 18. So back down. Also why would you create a topic, tell us to go to heck, just becuase some one wants to see it. I will download the ride, and I'm sure its not to bad. Next time use some file host though.