TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

El toro restraints

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The El Toro restraints are very similar to the other Intamin's. For most people it seems the seatbelt is the bigger problem. Size 30? Of course not! You don't have to be that skinny...but don't expect to get on if you're a big fatass, or can't fit on Millennium Force or Dragster!

Depending on your size, you may have to be stapled to the point of being uncomfortable which may lead to a painful ride. It really depends on how the sensors are acting on the day you're there. I've had rides with more than an inch between my thighs and lap bars and rides where I needed to be stapled to let the train "clear". If you're above a 38 waist and need a belt, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

No matter how big or small you are, they WILL staple you into that seat.

I dont think this in entirely true?

It depends on the ride operator who is checking the bar. On the day I rode El Toro they had one checker who was the king of staplers and the other guy was a lot more lenient. Because of the extreme negative-g forces El Toro has, I think they do lean more towards the stapling side of things.

I witnessed one gentleman get turned away....only after enduring the worst stapling attempt I've ever witnessed. This guy wasn't huge by any means, but when closed, the restraint was pretty snug. Evidently it didn't click far enough, and the op made his first attempt at stapling it shut. That failed, so he promptly shoved all his weight onto the restraint as the guy winced in obvious discomfort. That failed as well. What to do now?

Obviously you take a running start and throw yourself onto the restraint, right? Yeah, the op actually did that as the guy struggled to look calm, but was obviously in pain, and embarrased at the same time. At this point, it was like watching a train wreck, as the op literally lunged at the restraint. I'm not kidding. This op did everything short of jumping up and dancing a jig on the thing to try and click it down. Finally, the guy was asked to exit the train. You couldn't help but feel horrible for what he was just put through.

One attempt at clicking it with some pressure, fine. Three or four with increasing amounts of ridiculous pressure? No. In my opinion, if you're on that weight borderline, I'd approach Toro with caution. You may get a respectful op, or you may end up with the staple of death. Good luck.

Ya, not true...I see people get turned away quite a bit.

Not just men.

I saw a women who had enormous "jugs" that blended in well with her stomach. It was quite a site to see the ride ops trying to get her in...but after a few trys, she didn't get to ride.

Ya, not true...I see people get turned away quite a bit.

Not just men.

I saw a women who had enormous "jugs" that blended in well with her stomach. It was quite a site to see the ride ops trying to get her in...but after a few trys, she didn't get to ride.

Uhm, couldn't she just have lifted them up on top of the lap bar?

It really depends where you hold your weight, numbers really don't mean all that much.

Me? I am 6'7", 265lbs, and have a 40" waistline and can ride Dragster and Millennium Force no problem. I have never been not able to ride something due to my size, only once on MF right after they changed all the belts to the point skinny people couldn't ride and enforced the 1" rule. I get on Drag. and Millie with no struggles at all.

I always have wondered how El Toro would be for me though due to the type of restraints. One day, one day...

Its not really in the stomach... Most get turned away cause the have massive thighs! So if you dont have massive thighs, and you dont have a very large stomach your in good shape! This year they havent really stapled me. my one ride op friend did it on purpose once! then he made up for it!

For the safety of all the ride ops will make every attempt to squeeze and staple a larger person into the seat before telling a guest they can not ride. Sometimes much to the dismay to others waiting.

If you fit comfortably it is all in the hands of the ride op if you will get stapled.

As far as larger people riding. I know a couple of guys that at over 250 pounds rode El Toro and enjoyed it immensely even with the stapling.

"No...she was afraid of hurting the people behind her if they were let loose." (Teacups Make Me Sick)

All I had to do was read that, get a mental picture, then run before spraying my monitor with iced tea. Thanks for a great laugh!

Eric

For comparison, I recently rode Millenium Force and Dragster for the first time a couple weeks ago. I am 5'11'', 245 with pretty stocky thighs.

I was concerned before my trip, but it was all the more motivation to drop a few pounds before the trip. My favorite moment at Cedar Point was hearing my seatbelt on Millenium Force click!

Start sweating now if you are concerned!

The seatbelts are the only thing on El toro. I am 5''5 and 195lbs and wear a siz 14-16, I think thats a 34-36 in mens. I have thick thighs but not huge and not much of a belly either, I have more hips than anything. I had to loosen the seatbelt all the way before putting it on, but once I had it buckled I could tighten it a bit, I had no problem fitting,but another 20lbs then I would probably have problems.

I've not been on El Toro, but since we're comparing Intamins if anyone has been on both that and Superman at SFMM how would you compare the snugness of the seats and lap bars?

I've been on both and I'd say that Superman is a little bit more snug, but not by much. I wasn't stapled on El Toro and had a good half an inch to an inch of room, whereas I was on Superman. El Toro seems a bit more roomy because the bars are on the side, instead of being a T-bar like that on Superman.

I don't understand why everyone feels they are going to have problems with this ride i'm 6'5" 280lbs with a 38" waist and I never had a problem with el toro, plus I have never been stapled either. I feel that the restraints should be tight on a ride like this though, it is very wild.

Weight aside, the only way not to fit is not to be in proportion, such as huge thighs. Don't get me wrong when people hear i'm 280lbs they think i'm huge when i'm just the opposite i'm skinny with muscle.

I could easily see someone weigh 220lbs not fitting because of size, each body holds weight differently.

^I'd guess you'd have more of an issue with over the shoulder restraints than lap bars.

Actually since I am only tall not fat I have never had a problem with OTSR they close all most all the way down on me and I am still comfortable. Where if I was heavier i would probably be right at the point of buckling the belt.