TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Bullet question

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would skip it and just ride Pony Express over and over.

This post is meant as a total joke. Why in the name of zues' butthole would you visit a park and not ride one of their coasters?

This post is meant as a total joke. Why in the name of zues' butthole would you visit a park and not ride one of their coasters?

Riding Pony Express over and over sounds like a good idea.

That was a joke! Plus, I don't know who zues is. I know who Zeus is! Maybe you should know how to spell!

^^ Batman looks less scary then Silver Bullet because it is way shorter and compact. But seriously, Batman is a lot more forceful and intense than Silver Bullet. I honestly think I have more intense rides on Space Mountain at Disneyland than on SB. That's not saying it's a bad ride, it's just very...meandering. You'll be fine, don't worry about it at all.

---Brent

Beleive me, silver bullet is not scary AT ALL. It's VERY tame for the type of ride it is.

Agreed. As long as you can handle a few inversions, you should have no problem.

Seriously, I have a friend that wouldn't ride anything, and after I got him on SB he'll ride almost anything.

The opinion I have on these matters in general is if you have to ask whether something is scary, then you are probably too much of a pussbag to be riding in the first place

I mean, you've said yourself you've been on everything at DCA (So that would logically include California Screamin', Tower of Terror and Maliboomer) so why would any other big coaster be a barrier? The only way you will find out if you like something is by riding it yourself. So what if it turns out to be 'scary' (lol), it was two minutes of your life...it's not like you'll have recurring nightmares of Silver Bullet after because it was 'scary'.

To be honest, I'd question the value of asking enthusiasts whether they think something is 'scary' anyway, because why would they be enthusiasts if they couldn't deal with rides? Of course they are all going to say 'Nah, its not scary at all'

I thought it was fun, not too scary, don't worry. I won't ride Excelerator, but I rode SB several times. Montezuma is more intense that SB.

Can't figure out why Knotts didn't re-profile Jaguar so that SB could have a more intense drop.

If you can handle California Screamin', you can handle Silver Bullet. Don't worry, you'll love it!

If you have no problems with Silver Bullet, work your way up to Montezooma's, Xcelerator, and Ghostrider (only if you can handle REALLY rough rides, although Disney isn't a great way to determine that).

The scariest part about most rides is persuading yourself to ride them. Once you're on the ride, it's pure fun from there on.

If you have no problems with Silver Bullet, work your way up to Montezooma's, Xcelerator, and Ghostrider (only if you can handle REALLY rough rides, although Disney isn't a great way to determine that).

Actually, I HAVE been on Montezooma's Revenge and GhostRider (only a little rough, not as bad as people said it was). The only thing I don't like about Silver Bullet is that your feet are dangling. The only ride that I have been on where my feet were dangling was Soarin', and that ride was tame.

I might have to do Silver Bullet. GhostRider, Xecelrator, and Silver Bullet are the three big coasters at Knott's. Sadly, GhostRider's closed and I hate Xcelerator, so Silver Bullet's my only big coaster to ride.

^ In that case, Silver Bullet should be a piece of cake. The restraints/seats feel much more secure than Soarin's, so you should be fine. The only scary thing about your feet dangling is thinking about how it might feel before the first time you ride!

If you haven't been on Xcelerator, you should try it. It's a lot of fun, and not too scary after the first time... probably my favorite at the park too.

Actually, I HAVE been on Montezooma's Revenge and GhostRider (only a little rough, not as bad as people said it was). The only thing I don't like about Silver Bullet is that your feet are dangling. The only ride that I have been on where my feet were dangling was Soarin', and that ride was tame.

I might have to do Silver Bullet. GhostRider, Xecelrator, and Silver Bullet are the three big coasters at Knott's. Sadly, GhostRider's closed and I hate Xcelerator, so Silver Bullet's my only big coaster to ride.

Don't worry about about your feet. B&M restraints are really secure; you don't even remotely feel like your going to fall out. In fact, the only difference between inverted and regular coasters is that you can swing your legs back and forth, otherwise it feels the same.

I used to be in the same situation as you; asking if a ride is scary, are the restraints snug, etc. In fact, I used to have coaster-phobia (Does anybody know the proper term?); you couldn't even get me to ride a small woodie. Eventually I overcame my fears and discovered just how awesome coasters are. Now, there isn't a coaster in existence that I'll hesitate to ride.

Alright so, I went on Silver Bullet yesterday. And...I LOVED IT!! The ride was very fun with a lot of force during the inversions. Though, one of the inline twists gave me a big headache, but other than that the ride was great.

Thank you all for helping me. By riding this coaster, I now have ridden my first B&M coaster. A lot of you say that this isn't the wildest B&M invert, and well...I have no way of knowing if it is since the only two parks I have access to are Disneyland and Knott's. Maybe someday when I get older, I can go to Magic Mountian or take a trip with TPR. But for now, Silver Bullet's my only source for B&M goodness.

So, I won;t really need this thread anymore. Can one of the moderators close it for me, please?