TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Water Slide Drops You Straight Down Through a Trap Door....

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like this slide. But...

Despite the escape hatches, arrows and drains, the thing filling up with water and somebody drowning is unnerving.

To be fair, I'd have to see more of how it worked, to gladly say "I was wrong"

Well, just my views on this:

1. If somebody has the huevos to do a slide like that at a water park, I'd like to think they are able to swim, so if it did fill up for some reason, they could just stay afloat until....

2. ...They shut off the water. I'm sure the drowning concern wouldn't really be an issue, 'cause they'll probably shut off the water just as soon as they notice the person hasn't reached the bottom.

3. I doubt a flooding slide would last long anyway. I'm sure a few sections would eventually collapse under the weight of the water. So, while you would be screwed, at least it's not drowning!

In all seriousness though, that's my opinion on it. Hopefully that relieves your concern.

TheRapidsNerd wrote:

Despite the escape hatches, arrows and drains, the thing filling up with water and somebody drowning is unnerving.

Well, just my views on this:

1. If somebody has the huevos to do a slide like that at a water park, I'd like to think they are able to swim, so if it did fill up for some reason, they could just stay afloat until....

2. ...They shut off the water. I'm sure the drowning concern wouldn't really be an issue, 'cause they'll probably shut off the water just as soon as they notice the person hasn't reached the bottom.

3. I doubt a flooding slide would last long anyway. I'm sure a few sections would eventually collapse under the weight of the water. So, while you would be screwed, at least it's not drowning!

In all seriousness though, that's my opinion on it. Hopefully that relieves your concern.

Hmmm....you do have some good points there. Thank you. That does help some.

If the tube filled with water, wouldn't you just float back up the pipe at the level of the water?

But anyway, the idea of it flooding is silly regardless.

There's a trap door at the bottom of the hill, where if you press the buttons, it opens, and you can get out. I suppose this is also if you don't make enough speed to make it around the loop. And at the bottom of the hill, there is a section with holes in to drain the water.

And you don't know how much I want to go on this! I hope they make one at my local park, which is also called Wet 'n' Wild, although it has nothing to do with the chain you are all thinking about

----------------

Now playing: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Minor Thing

via FoxyTunes

Thanks for the post to this The ride looks like lots of fun! I would try this one forsure, but there was no way on earth I would have ever ridden the New Jersey Action Park looping water slide. It has a actual true traditional style loop. It was rarely ever opened and is probably the most dangerous looking water slide I have ever seen.

Do a google image search of "action park looping slide" there are not that many great pictures but enough to give you a idea on how crazy this thing was. The park has since closed down.

That looks great, I would ride it. It looks alot more safe than that crazy thing that was built at Action Park in the 1990's. I don't know how they got away with building that, although Action Park seemed unsafe as a whole, not just that slide.