TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tusenfryd Discussion Thread

I just cant belive how awesome this coaster looks. Finally we will get a good coaster in Norway again. Thundercoaster was awesome the first seasons, but now its just 'meh'. But with Speedmonster I now have a reason to visit Tusenfryd again next year

Lovely setting for it too. Swooping through all the trees on that banked turn looks really nice, never mind the actual thrilling parts of the ride! Think I might combine a return trip to Liseberg with a trip to Tusenfryd next year, can't go so close and miss out on this.

New pics from Tusenfryd (not taken by me)

Launch track is up

The immelman is done. It's actually not 100% up-side-down, but I'm sure it'll be just as great

Isn't this just the best park entrance ever :o

This ride looks sick. For some reason I had it in my mind that this was going to be much smaller. Guess I was wrong on that one, thankfully. I wish we had a few more custom rockets like this and SE in the US.

-Scott "To hell with the record race, give me some serious rides" Parrish

^those are the rollback fins that pop up after the train launches (hydraulicly). They are just an extra/really needed safety thing. Look at ttd, which rolls back daily, along with that green thing. (yes, I do know it's name...) If you look at the peice, the cable/catch car go in the middle little trough, and they are connected to a big room of hydraulic thingys! (I'm so good at describing things!)

Hopefully this could be the start of some "friendly competition" between Tusenfryd and Liseberg, but I doubt it since Liseberg have very little space for coasters. They've said will be expanding into their parkinglot to the south of the park at some point though, so you never know...

Hopefully this could be the start of some "friendly competition" between Tusenfryd and Liseberg, but I doubt it since Liseberg have very little space for coasters. They've said will be expanding into their parkinglot to the south of the park at some point though, so you never know...

The ting is that, Tusenfryd is 15 minutes away from Oslo city with bus, and it has HUGE land, which could be expanded, look at the layout for those of you who have been there!.

Liseberg is a city circus (guess you can call it that) and it is located in the middle of the city Göteborg. It will be very expensive to buy property and land in the town, and I don't think many people and politicians will agree on that.. They need permission, and I think that is much more difficult then building land outside of town.

Edited by KingdaKa

Man, speed monster looks really cool! Also, after reading some facts I noticed that it in only running three cars per train, and only running 2 trains. Although it might be a really cool ride, it's going to lack capacity by only launching 12 riders at a time. Still, it should be interesting...

Colin C

Man, speed monster looks really cool! Also, after reading some facts I noticed that it in only running three cars per train, and only running 2 trains. Although it might be a really cool ride, it's going to lack capacity by only launching 12 riders at a time. Still, it should be interesting...

Colin C

Lets make one thing clear. This is NOT america !

^those are the rollback fins that pop up after the train launches (hydraulicly). They are just an extra/really needed safety thing. Look at ttd, which rolls back daily, along with that green thing. (yes, I do know it's name...) If you look at the peice, the cable/catch car go in the middle little trough, and they are connected to a big room of hydraulic thingys! (I'm so good at describing things!)

So it's hydraulic and not some other way (because on RCDB, they don't define it as a Hydraulic Launched Coaster)

Hmm, Intamin Rockets or S&S Compressed air launch? :shock:

Tee hee, this ride looks great, as do all other Intamin Designs, well most of them... some of them look meh. (IEEEEEEE!! The intamins at LaQua, they look so,so)

Colin C

So? Quite a few parks in Europe pull in some heavy attendance. Its not just America who has G-Force quota's to fill and adrenaline to surge.

Colin C

So? Quite a few parks in Europe pull in some heavy attendance. Its not just America who has G-Force quota's to fill and adrenaline to surge.

Yeah, but this is Norway. This park is popular, but it doesn't pull huge crowds. They'll be just fine!