TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tusenfryd Discussion Thread

Isn't it odd that...

1. They got a VERY similar coaster to Liseberg

and

2. IT'S THE SAME COLORS AS KANONEN!!!!!

Heck, I'm not complaining, but I do wonder about this. Oh well, I guess the Europeans are smarter and will be able to tell the difference between the two!

Isn't it odd that...

1. They got a VERY similar coaster to Liseberg

and

2. IT'S THE SAME COLORS AS KANONEN!!!!!

Heck, I'm not complaining, but I do wonder about this. Oh well, I guess the Europeans are smarter and will be able to tell the difference between the two!

1. Liserberg and Tusenfryd are always competing... What happend when Thunder Coaster came to Tusenfryd ? hmm Balder showed up the year after, and is veeeery identical to Thundercoaster.. I think balder is a better coaster, but now Speed Monster will be better then Kanonen (probably, HOPEFULLY !)

2. Vikings you know It is in our blood, we understand eachother, all of the Scandinavian countries do, except finland guys. ??? or something

don't know really, I think blue is a pretty color ,but the original name of the coaster was Ragnarok (which mean, Armageddon day for the vikings) and how cool it could have been with dark brown tracks with black swords on the side with a bright Yellow line threw out the whole track DAMN !

Edited by KingdaKa

2. Vikings you know It is in our blood, we understand eachother, all of the Scandinavian countries do, except finland guys. ??? or something

Hey!! I'm finnish lol

Actually Scandinavia is just Norway, Sweden and Denmark...

• 2 weeks later...

OMG!!! Check this out: http://www.tusenfryd.no/?SectionId=563 Click on "tekniske skisser" for layout and train pics! Speed Monster has SO much more good stuff that I ever thought!!

1. The first thing IS an inversion!

2. It has 2 S-turns, one after the immelman and the second one after the first corkscrew-hop!

3. The 180 degree turns are way more banked than I imagined!

4. The is no double corkscrew, the first one is a mix between a bunny-hill and a corkscrew hop!

I've been waiting a long time to see that sort of almost inverted vertical loop inversion. That is seriously kickass!

A double corkscrew would have been pretty cool, but an airtime corkscrew hill followed by an actual corkscrew sounds pretty awesome as well! Who cares about the name... the layout rocks!!

Urgh! I am so jealous of this one! :o

Tussauds and Thorpe blatantly have the same, if not GREATER funding than Tusenfryd!

That first looping thing under the escalator looks like it'll pull some huge forces

I have relatives in Norway who annoy me, but I think this'll make the chore of staying with them really worthwhile!

Cerberus

^^^Ummm I think you might be confusing Speedmonster and Humdinger @ Thorpe park. Speedmonster is at Tusenfryd in Norway

Yea but some of us are taking a Scandanavian side trip after the UK parks

I agree, this thing could end up being awesome! That loop thingy could be really fun, perhaps this will be the accelerator to dethrone Storm Runner?

viking86 wrote:

^^^Ummm I think you might be confusing Speedmonster and Humdinger @ Thorpe park. Speedmonster is at Tusenfryd in Norway

Yea but some of us are taking a Scandanavian side trip after the UK parks

I agree, this thing could end up being awesome! That loop thingy could be really fun, perhaps this will be the accelerator to dethrone Storm Runner?

Parktrips is right,

Many of us are going to ride this when we go on the UK trip as an extra day!

There's still four inversions on this thing, the first two is the pretzel loop going under the escalators, the third is a barrel roll just before the EGF flip and the last is the tyical corkscrew. Now that third inversion looks like it'll be a fast and snappy as it is going to be close to the ground.

And the location for this monster couldn't have been better, going to make a very impressive entrance.