TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tusenfryd Discussion Thread

Great pictures you guys! I'm glad that you got a cool new ride at your home park.

By the way, I'm having trouble finding a good translation for "Dagen er Din" Can I get a little help from my Norge friends?

-Don "Riding the 'monster' next month!" Garrison

It means "the day is yours"

I just came home from Oslo last night after spending two wet days at Tusenfryd. Speedmonster had a little bit of technical problems towards the end of the day on Sunday, but apart from that it was running all the time. As far as I know it didnt break down once on Saturday.

So how was the ride? Well, I think it was pretty damn good. The launch is good, the pretzel loop is very intense and the following turn is really cool because it just keeps going faster and faster and faster. The twisting hills are really cool, although they can be a tad rough in the backseat. The final corkscrew is one of my favorite parts of the ride. It just fits so perfectly, making it the best corkscrew I have ever experienced.

Check it this picture taken mid-day at Tusenfryd. The longest line I saw was up to the point where the picture was taken, and that was right after opening. Later in the day it was really short.

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4974/speedmonster3dc.jpg

Just a few notes about the picture:

1. Yes, that is the entire queue for Speedmonster!

2. Yes, that is two trains running!

3. Its RAINING!

Btw, Thundercoaster was running fantastic in the rain. Its crap when its dry, but once the track gets wet it becomes a completely different ride with insane airtime in the backseat. It may be rough as hell, but it has still easily dethroned Balder as my number one wooden coaster because it was just so much fun (and pain).

Hey everyone.

I was on Tusenfryd saturday too. And i must say that Speedmonster really

impressed me! From the ground it looked pretty slow, but it was great. The pretzel element was brilliant, and the airtime was great too.

Got five rides on it. And i managed to get a On-ride video which unfortunately turned out a bit shaky. GREAT Coaster.

And since this is my first post, i have to thank Rob and Elissa for running this awesome site.

figured out what speed monster's layout is like ?

I have never seen a shot of the entire layout of the ride. Most of the pictures I have seen are just of the pretzel-looking thing. The photos that were posted give me a better idea of what this ride does.

Since people here seems to have this thing about coasters and snow: http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/7576/loopensnow3aa.jpg

Yes, that is snow on the ground. No snow can be seen in my Speedmonster pictures, but still... How many of you have ridden an Intamin Rocket coaster while theres still some snow left on the ground? Or what about a Mack Watercoaster?

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/5682/supersplashsnow2tr.jpg

I found a great POV, very smooth.

It sounds very rattley after the corkscrew.

Although that launch doesn't look that great, its good to see a different layout insted of launch, up, down, brakes!

After watching that video again, it sounds like it rattles alot through-out the whole ride.

I found a great POV, very smooth.

It sounds very rattley after the corkscrew.

Although that launch doesn't look that great, its good to see a different layout insted of launch, up, down, brakes!

After watching that video again, it sounds like it rattles alot through-out the whole ride.

who cares? If a ride is smooth, it can rattle all it wants, just gives it a more coaster-y atmosphere

It has got to be just the video because this is like the most quiet coaster ever I swear the only noise it makes is a weird screech over both of the corkscrewhops. And the screaming riders ofcourse.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Tusenfryd today, and I noticed that they have planted bushes everywhere around SpeedMonster, there is no spot of dirt left around it

But it broke down 3 times during the 2 hours I was there...

• 2 years later...

Tusenfryd (Vinterbro, Norway) is getting a Zamperla Giant Frisbee named SpinSpider this season. Its scheduled to open this summer. The ride will be located in the area between Thundercoaster and Spaceshot (S&S tower). Its being said that this is larger, faster and more intense version of the Huss Giant Frisbees.

Stats:

Max height: 44 meters

Speed: 115 km/h

G-force: 4.5

Number of seats: 40

http://www.tusenfryd.no/Se-og-gjoere/SpinSpider#gallery=4 (Norwegian only)

• 1 month later...

There are now some pictures of the ride on Tusenfryds web page. Opening date is set to May 23rd.

http://www.tusenfryd.no/Se-og-gjoere/SpinSpider#gallery=10

I have for a long time been thinking that a giant frisbee would be the perfect ride for Tusenfryd as it doesnt have any major flatrides. Hopefully I'll get a chance to test it this summer.

^Since when did I become Jeff Johnson!?!?!

The awful truth revealed - Elissa is Jeff Johnson. As if you'd turn down a wacky worm credit, Elissa

This sounds like fun, I get really nauseous but I've always manage to keep the vomit down, so far.