TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tusenfryd Discussion Thread

Awww, it looks so cute, and I love the Schwarzkopfy dive pretzel loop thingy around the entrance escalator.

50 minute waits already?! Wow, am I glad I have an awesome tour arranger who managed to get us ERT on this I owe her a McDonalds Hamburger or Carrabba's pizza or something!

I personally don't think it looks that great, its a shame it goes in/out of that pretzle loop thingy pretty slow, and I prosume with such small trains it looses speed quickly, although the trains are super funky, I don't think its much special IMO.

How come it isn't launched from the station?

And how many trains can they run max?

Small trains doesnt loose speed quickly. Less wheels, less friction. Just look at Avalanche @ Timber Falls. That thing is flying through the entire track and its not very big.

I agree that it doesnt excactly fly over the top of the pretzel loop, but Im expecting some excellent floater airtime in that place.

Maximum number of trains is 2.

I sooooooooooooo cant wait to ride it tomorrow!!!

Small trains doesnt loose speed quickly.

I don't mean to sound rude or anything but small trains do loose speed, alot more than big trains do.

yeah... on RCT Think about that less cars has less wheels, so the friction will be less, just like viking said Anyway, SpeedMonster is very quick throughout the ride, so it's not worth discussing IMO...

So say you have two launch tracks which just go straight for about a mile/km, one has a train with 5 cars and the other has a train with 3 cars, they're bouth launched to 80mph, which one will reach the end of track first? Theres more weight on the train with 5 cars so its able to keep up its speed for a lot longer, the 3 car train would be in front whilst they launch but as longer as the winch cable car thingy lets go of it it i'll loose speed quickly.

Just imagine how fast you could launch Kingda Ka to if it only had 1 car per train, that could be launched to 200mph+ in the same time its launched to 128mph, cool.

*End of story, time to talk about the coaster and its goodness.

So say you have two launch tracks which just go straight for about a mile/km, one has a train with 5 cars and the other has a train with 3 cars, they're bouth launched to 80mph, which one will reach the end of track first? Theres more weight on the train with 5 cars so its able to keep up its speed for a lot longer, the 3 car train would be in front whilst they launch but as longer as the winch cable car thingy lets go of it it i'll loose speed quickly.

Just imagine how fast you could launch Kingda Ka to if it only had 1 car per train, that could be launched to 200mph+ in the same time its launched to 128mph, cool.

*End of story, time to talk about the coaster and its goodness.

Errr, yeah... I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there.

More cars = more weight = more wheels = more resistance = probably not as much faster or longer travelling as you'd think.

Just because there is less weight in a single car train doesn't necessarily mean it would be launched faster. The process is limited by the pumps, hydraulics, cable and pulley system. Also, based on your 'momentum theory' the single car might not even make it over the hump!

"Zis is a qvestion for zee engineers!"

I rode SpeedMonster 6 times today Still an awesome ride. The lines were 10-20 minutes all day, and no breakdowns this time

Me to, no breakdowns.. But Thunder coaster brokedown 2 times:P not many people.. I think evryone think there are so many peolpe..