TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tusenfryd Discussion Thread

I am very impressed of what they have been able to do in just two days

Ragnarok20_01_16.jpg.0e52d78f86e8ff38b188b77659c2f54c.jpg

Two days ago

Ragnarok22_01_16.jpg.171fd7d26d8ce64ad96ffd67605fcc0f.jpg

Today

I also took this picture from the outside of the park through the fence. I think that the thing to the right is where you will come out of the tunnel and then it will take to the left and go into the maelstrom.

12545899_10153867234896565_1325540045_o.thumb.jpg.608690c0ee69bcbbc3aaf99b5761b0e6.jpg

Tusenfryd has gone downhill since the Spanish Parques Reunidos took over in January 2008. They are not exactly praised here on the site either and they own probably the least exiting parks in the world, except maybe MIRABILANDIA in italy.

I agree with what you said, that Parques Reunidos is making a lot of their parks go downhill, but with this phrase, I beg to differ. Mirabilandia might be good, but it's seriously going downhill. It's only had ONE good thing come out of Parques Reunidos, and that's iSpeed. And Divertical has drained its money due to maintenance issues, a ludicrous price tag and negative PR caused by said maintenance reasons.

I know that it's just pointing out something small you said, but actually it is supporting what you said about Parques Reunidos being a bad company. Tusenfryd being a part of it has not been something that great either TBH. Maybe this new rapids ride, from what I''m understanding, will be OK, but they might need a new thrill ride sooner or later.

Here are some more pics from TusenFryd

Screenshot_2016-01-29-12-42-37_1.thumb.jpg.953a52855a79ddbf706620e809ffe054.jpg

Lots of steel

The pool at the end is massive. I just hope they will put in some fun elements there.

Screenshot_2016-01-29-12-42-42_1.thumb.jpg.d8885b36987f9ebe5816c8f99e15335c.jpg

Huge pool before the lift up to the station

Screenshot_2016-01-29-12-43-07_1.thumb.jpg.034569e1cd8fb9901bf362c4bd2bc48e.jpg

Screenshot_2016-01-29-12-42-31_1.thumb.jpg.50860af1e3ed33e21f3a68ee295ec0f2.jpg

And one more cool thing while I remember it, Ragnarok will be the first ever TusenFryd ride to have a Singel Rider line

This is starting to look great, and its nice to finally have something more in this area of the park.

But its about time they start planing a new coaster, more exciting then (Western Expressen).

I would be happy just getting a Boomerang, but I hope for a Inverted coaster, don't need to be the biggest coaster, but a small and fun inverted. (They could get something similar like Daemonen at Tivoli - but Inverted). Small, cute and fun!

But that being said, still happy for a water-ride like this

That section "between" the dark ride and Super Splash, to me, always looked like it needed

something to bring it all together. This looks like an excellent way to do it. Looking good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I suddenly realized that I had completely forgotten about this ride, so I decided to check out Tusenfryds website for any updates. Turns out they posted a video on April 1st, showing that the concrete casting is nearing completion. Looking forward to see the progress once they start on the scenery and theming around the ride.

That section "between" the dark ride and Super Splash, to me, always looked like it needed

something to bring it all together. This looks like an excellent way to do it. Looking great!

Repeated, and fixed.

^Definitely! The park opens for the season on April 23rd, but they have not set an opening date for this ride. On their website it only says "Opening summer 2016".

Can't wait to see the first onrides of the darkride parts. It seems like a good extension for this smaller park! They missed a good water ride in my thougts.

Can't wait to see the first onrides of the darkride parts. It seems like a good extension for this smaller park!

Smaller park? From the European point of view it's a major park (and the biggest in its country). When I think about a big park it has more than 3 "large" rollercoasters. I personally can't even imagine a place like MM or CP with so many coasters.

Back to topic, looks cool especially the theming on the concept art, haven't seen one of these being built for a while now.

To be the biggest park in Norway doesn't require much. But I agree with you in the sense that I wouldn't call Tusenfryd a smaller park. Although I'm not sure if I would call it a major park either, more like a mid-range European park. Definitely major by Norwegian standards though...

• 2 weeks later...

Not really an update, but I like this picture Tusenfryd posted on facebook a couple of days ago, as they get some local help to fill the log flume with water.

*The big number 8 is because it was 8 days until the park opening when the picture was posted.

Source

12963515_10153601849712549_5865396891557055735_n.jpg.2c3c296e510c55a25a63cddd196c6ef9.jpg