TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tusenfryd Discussion Thread

^Since when did I become Jeff Johnson!?!?!

The awful truth revealed - Elissa is Jeff Johnson. As if you'd turn down a wacky worm credit, Elissa

This sounds like fun, I get really nauseous but I've always manage to keep the vomit down, so far.

I can say for sure that she is not Jeff. I told her about a new credit near me at a fair this weekend, and she is not coming down to ride it.

Its cool this park is getting one of these! I really like the the spinny puke rides, lol.

• 3 years later...

This was announced a few months ago, but hasn't been mentioned in this forum.

My personal guess is that it will be going into the enclosed building where the SBNO Vikingtoktet once operated. This is certainly needed by the park as there really needs to be more to complement the awesome Speed Monster.

http://www.themeparkpost.com/index/2012358-norway-s-tusenfryd-building-a-new-3d-dark-ride-attraction

Norway's TusenFryd building a new 3D Dark Ride attraction

(News) TusenFryd, a leading theme park in Norway (part of Parques Reunidos) will invest €6.1 million (46m Kronor) in its largest indoor project to date - a water-based 3D ride expected to open in 2013. The ride will make use of an unused cavern in the park itself and be based on Norse mythology, the park announced.

Details of the project are being kept secret. "The attraction will be unique and specially designed TusenFryd," says park director TusenFryd, Bjorn Solli Havard. "The installation systems and the technological solutions are developed specifically for us, and will be unique in the European market."

What is known is that the attraction will used advanced 3D technology, be interactive and will have a capacity to carry 800 guests per hour. The ride will target teenagers and young adults, a break from the primarily family-focused park approach for which TusenFryd is known. It is also the park's third largest investment since it opened its doors in 1988.

TusenFryd attracts around 500,000 visitors annually and boasts a total of 31 attractions. TusenFryd has 750 employees during the summer season.

Am glad they are finally figuring out what to do

with that (sort of) SBNO old Norse History attraction.

And I am glad I got to see Vikingtoktet back in 2006,

when TPR did an add-on of this park and Liseberg

on the original UK Tour. It was fun, with the wierd

"4D" effects (tilting seating platform, waterpsray)

and all, lol.

Wow, concept art looks really good!

The name seems to be "Ragnarök", which would be fitting. Ragnarök is a series of events in norse mythology where many of the gods will die and eventually the whole world will be submerged in water. Afterwards the world will again rise and prosper.

A lot of good stuff seems to bee coming to Scandi-parks the next two years!

My personal guess is that it will be going into the enclosed building where the SBNO Vikingtoktet once operated. This is certainly needed by the park as there really needs to be more to complement the awesome Speed Monster.
The ride will be where "Vikingtoktet" used to be They are going to expand the mountain hall Edited by per2012

• 3 weeks later...
I see that no one has put up TusenFryd's 2012 Coaster on this thread, so here is a youtube clip of the ride

Thanks for posting that. I had totally forgot about this ride. I guess a re-located Vekoma roller skater doesn't get too much attention!

I guess a re-located Vekoma roller skater doesn't get too much attention!

At least not when done like Tusenfryd.

Western-Expresssen is one of the ugliest coaster installation I can think of.

There is no theming, nothing green or anything. The color of the ride, along with the really plain and boring colors of the surroundings make this one a real eye sore.

I really expected more from the park on this one, especially with the location of it.

Still the ride is fun and gets the job done.

Hopefully they will make it look better for next season with some grass or just something.