TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Bombs Explode in London

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got up and when I was flipping through channels, suddenly I see the text 'London Blasts, killed 90 so far (unofficial count).'

And as of now, how could a power surge cause a double decker bus to explode?

Anyways, I'm not sure what the latest is, but this seems to be confusing me. I hope nobody got hurt, noting that there must be some posters from London on TPR.

Just got back from football training and turned on the news. They are saying that there is 90 casualty's with 2 confirmed dead. They are now confirming that all the blasts are from terrorists bombs.

Unconfirmed reports put death toll at over 100.....a very sad day indeed..

I just woke up and saw it on the news. I also heard that they are 100% sure it was terrorists. It is sad that 100+ people died because of terrorists.

I think it is ironic that it was announce yesterday that the 2012 Olympics are going to be held it London.

Apparently there are reports that Al Quaida have claimed responsibility

4 bombs on the underground system and the bus explosion

Harrowing picutures

London sealed off, many of my friends are in their offices and arent allowed to leave...it seems paranoia has also hitt he city with suspect packages found in many streets, and controlled explosions being carried out

Tony Blair has released 2 statements

They are now saying a total of 7 bomb blasts, although the government here are saying that there will not be any travel advisory against going to London. They are saying that they have not received any threats against Australian targets in London, but that Scotland yard did receive threats a couple of minutes before the blasts occured.

I hope that there are no more blasts anywhere in the world.

I heard it when i got back from school. I was quite shocked when i saw the footage of wounded people..

Al quida (or however you may spell it) claimed the attack.

:shock: This is getting a little to close for comfort

Im here working at Heathrow....

Things are quite normal.. a few flight delays due to crew being stuck at hotels in the centre of town and passengers not reaching the flights

Bit scary here to be honest hoping we are not going to be a target at the airport...

London is in a mess....

Sad sad day..... why oh why....

Apparently LA's new mayor is just about to make a speech about these events. The people of London seem to be handling this really well.

Michael"They always do!"Thomas

Yes indeed they do. I used the underground to get to work a Paddington Station this morning and went thorough Edgware Road 25 mins before one went off at that station. I WILL be going to work tomorrow in London if the transport is working. It is a very sad day indeed

Nick

That is unbelievable! It made me so sad! I have heared the news at work, this morning! Why is someone or a group (El Kaida)doing things like that? I will never understand it! It remembered me to the 09/11 crash! I hope something like this will never happens again!

--Sören

Yeah, this is really bad.

Watching the coverage today brought back alot of memories of 9/11.

One thing I noticed about the coverage though, is they kept going back to New York and interviewing people there, the Mayor, Governer, Giuliani, etc.

Hey ... CNN ... THE ATTACK HAPPENED 5000 MILES AWAY IN LONDON ... NOT NEW YORK.

God, even when something bad happens in London they have to make it all about New York.

Hey, how about showing us what was going on in Scotland, where ... 8 world leaders are right now. I think I'd be more concerned about that than what 'might' happen in NY.

If that wasn't enough, the LA Mayor and Police chief had to get on to tell us not to panic. Uh ... we weren't until you told us not to.

I really hate American news coverage.

The scary thing is that former Mayor Giuliani was walking past one of the train stations when one of the bombs went off. Makes you wonder if that was a random bomb or one ment for the former Mayor. It really is a small world after all.

^ no offence dude but not everything in the world is about America. The Brits are hated for supporting the U.S views and millartry backing we give you in the fight on terror, also because of our involement in Isreal. It's also because of the G8 happening in Scotland and the eyes of the world are on the UK at the moment, with the UKalso being currently in charge of leadership in Europe. Add on the G8 concerts and winning the Olympics it really was a high profile time to strike us when it hurts. It's nothing to do with some has been mayor.

Even though we never get use to it and it shocks and it hurts us... we have experienced it time and time again when we had the I.R.A setting of bombs in London. We the people of London have been through a lot over the years and no one will ever bring us to our knee's especially these people

No offence taken, and remember that terrorist attacks have allready hit the Australian and Great Britan People before. Please correct me if I am wrong, but the IRA allways targeted Police, Political or Military people and not just the every day person on the way to work.

I simply ment that it was a surprise to see him in that area when the bombs went off. I have heard that the bombs were either ment for London or Paris after the Olympic annoucement, and it was only a matter of time.

Anyone would have to be pretty small minded to believe that these terrorists are not allready in every major country in the world, and ready to go at a phone call. I, like everyone, only hope that they are caught before anything like this happens again.

at the end of the day it doesn't matter whether police or the public were targeted, 50 lives are now officially lost with over 700 people injured.

NO ONE diserves to experience these events.

it makes me feel SICK and disgusted that there are people out there are truely messed up in the head to do something like this.

i remember the watching the 9-11 coverage on the news when i got home from school and again i felt disgusted and upset.

i am pround of the people of london for the way they kept things together.

i believe we the biritish people and the american people need to be united to put an end to terrorists. but then on the other hand i feel that maybe we should retaliate? an eye for an eye........

no you are wrong the IRA blew up bars and buses and tried shooting down airplanes at Heathrow. A lot of civiliations died because of them.

So know your wrong. I don't need telling we have been targets before I lived hear when it was going on.... and no we are not the first, N.Y, Australia, and Madrid being the last. but dont be so stupid to post things about a mayor from New York.. what you think they blew up 6 tube stations and one bus just in case he was near one of them. that's just stupid thing to post......

The bombs were planned for London, you don't organise 7 explosions over night... it was planned for that date and London for a long time. The G8 started yesterday enough said..... the other stuff just helped make sure it was even more noticed by the world...

Enough said about this but don't dumb down what happened... This isn't about the ex-mayor......

no you are wrong the IRA blew up bars and buses and tried shooting down airplanes at Heathrow. A lot of civiliations died because of them.

So know your wrong. I don't need telling we have been targets before I lived hear when it was going on.... and no we are not the first, N.Y, Australia, and Madrid being the last. but dont be so stupid to post things about a mayor from New York.. what you think they blew up 6 tube stations and one bus just in case he was near one of them. that's just stupid thing to post......

The bombs were planned for London, you don't organise 7 explosions over night... it was planned for that date and London for a long time. The G8 started yesterday enough said..... the other stuff just helped make sure it was even more noticed by the world...

Enough said about this but don't dumb down what happened... This isn't about the ex-mayor......

Dude, calm down, I really doubt his intention was to offend, he was pointing out a fact that the old mayor of New York, you know the one who was Mayor during 9-11, was in the area when the attack occured, that is all, I don't see him dumbing down the post at all, to me its an intresting fact

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the IRA allways targeted Police, Political or Military people and not just the every day person on the way to work.

you corrected him

what you think they blew up 6 tube stations and one bus just in case he was near one of them. that's just stupid thing to post......

uh no he posted this

I simply ment that it was a surprise to see him in that area when the bombs went off. I have heard that the bombs were either ment for London or Paris after the Olympic annoucement, and it was only a matter of time.

I understand how you feel, In was enraged after 9-11, and I had to teach a class that day, but calm down, we are with you guys, and Julianni is a big guy over here, a major political player, not just an ex mayor

just like to say i totally agree with everything blackcurrent said. The bombs were for us, and they were nothing to do with the olympics, its probably cos everyone hates us for being so far up america's arse.

Yeah I agree, The security over there is actually ALOT better than here, so it must have taken some planning to get this done.

unfortunalty people forget that these types have been hitting both our country's for awhile, it has less to do with bliar kissing bush's ass and more to do with letting the population be secular and worldly, Extreme Islamist want everyone to follow thier rules, or die

Well sorry for getting a bit worked up. things are tense here. I know us Brits and Americans have always been "Brothers In Arms" through out history. well apart from when you kicked us out of America

So to finish of... yes interesting the Ex mayor of N.Y was in town but no it was nothing to do with him being here