TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coaster Music

Now I know that some rides have Space Mountain and California Screamin' have on-board audio systems that pump music throughout the whole ride. Recently, X2 has been given audio systems as well. But some rides, as good or bad they are, offer no such music on-board and taking your IPod on-board can be risky.

However, if you're brave enough to risk your IPod's life, what song do you usually listen to on-ride?

NOTE: Do NOT say "Final Countdown". We all know it fits with any coaster.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aerosmith comes to mind after RnRC at DHS/MGM

Other thoughts:

Living on a Prayor by Bon Jovi (Robb uses it for his Holiday World video)

Love Roller Coaster (Red Hot Chili Peppers cover version)

Twist and Shout by The Beatles

Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins (Top Gun sound track)

Walk of Life by Dire Straits (the second part at least)

Running Down a Dream by Tom Petty

Greased Lightning by John Travolta

Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin

For a launched coaster, like CA. Screamin, I've used Ignition (Toby Mac) Breath into Me (RED) Kickstart My Heart (Motly Cru) Friend like that (Hawk Nelson), on a regular coaster either wood or steel, I would go with:By the Way (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Push Play (Aerosmith), or Runaway (Bon Jovi. Honestly, any good fast upbeat music can go with a rollercoaster.

>>Jake

All I Want--The Offspring, especially for a launch coaster. There isn't a single down spot in the song, and, at 1.52, is pretty much short enough to fit the whole song on the ride without editing parts out.

Pain--Three Days Grace for Mean Streak. Or SLCs.

If I had a mp3 player or a iPod, I'd be listening to Enter Sandman on Tremors.

And, whenever I go back to DLR, I'm going to listen to each one of my Rockin' Both Parks remixes I've made to see how they sound on CS' and SM themselves.

Isn't There Music On The Rides At Hard Rock Park??

Yes. Led Zeppelin: The Ride plays "Whole Lotta Love" and the other plays "Life in the Fast Life."

And, whenever I go back to DLR, I'm going to listen to each one of my Rockin' Both Parks remixes I've made to see how they sound on CS' and SM themselves.

I prefer listening to the acutal Rockin' Both Parks remixes that were used on the ride, but that's juts me.

I'm close to the biggest music fan in the world....and I seriously would never have thought of listening to an ipod while on a coaster...

it reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where George wanted to combine eating food, watching T.V., and having sex

Riding coasters isn't quite ho-hum enough for me to need music accompaniment....I reserve my ipod for walking, jogging, laying in a hammock, etc.....

Not daring enough to take my iPod on a coaster...too many moving parts, possible hard drive failure due to g-forces? Head bashing into earbuds...that in it's self sounds like a load of pain. The idea does sound cool though, and my friend did that with his CD player while at CGA...unfortunately, he was so wrapped up in his CD that he forgot his other friends were with him, and kinda just wandered off his own way.

"Go"- Blink 182 (Any really...)

"Easy Target"- Blink 182 (Same as above)

"Scream Aim Fire"- Bullet For My Valentine (High-speed/very thrilling)

"Paralyzer"- Finger Eleven (Flight of Fear type coaster)

"Given Up"- Linkin Park (B&M w/inversions.....ex. Hulk, Led Zepp)

"3's and 7's"- Queens of the Stone Age (Same as above)

"Pretty Handsome Awkward"- The Used (Maverick/Fahrenheit)

"Pain For Pleasure"- Sum 41 (Medium Length Rocket, Storm Runner...)