TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I Started building this ride about a year ago, it seems, and i never really finished it.

A few days ago i noticed it and decided to finish it rather quickly so i could just say that its done.

Theres one element that took a bit of work with brakes and launch track, but i managed to get it to work.... so if you think you valleyed, just give it a sec. =]

As for the name? I just threw "Egypt" into wikipedia and copied and pasted the first non-English word i found. haha.

The pyramid. Exciting, no?

\

The interior. This side has alot more track than the rest...

Lots of track is also enclosed in little corridors like these...

And theres this. don't really no how to explain it...

Alright. Go ride, kids!

Pyramid3AHG.nltrack

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow. Just wow.

You have managed to create my FAVORITE NL coaster of all time!

This think is simply amazing. The first..."drop"...was unexpected, and the fake-valley was very exciting!

It was perfectly designed, as it really felt like you were riding through an ancient pyramid, trying to escape an evil spirit of some sort.

Great work!

(How did you make the pyramid?)

^ Yeah, it was initially going to leave the pyramid, sortof escape, if you will, and connect back into the original station, but the fake-valley element didn't work in full circuit mode, only in shuttle mode.

I figured it wasn't worth making an extra opening in the pyramid (which would have taken forever) for it not to even be a full circuit coaster, so i just ended it inside.

And thanks for the kind words, you guys. =]

Astonishing ride but it isn't the best I've seen but still its the best thing I've ridden in a long time. The layout is top-noch but what makes it better for me is execution. This isn't smooth, this is 'smooth-as-a-babys-bottom' smooth.

Why isn't it my favorite though?

Well, it down to your finishing touches that let it down. When a tracks this good, I expect everything else to be good as well. The pyramid was brilliant but the fact that it didn't touch the ground distracted me a bit. Other things like stations peeking through walls and unfinished tracks also contributed as some distractions. I know you can't help it at times but thats why you have to work round that, even if it means cutting things you love.

Overall I think you nearly nailed it with this but when a rides this good, it needs more than two days work to finish it of.

^ Wouldn't I be thinking INSIDE the box? =]

Perhaps i'll finish this coaster the way i meant one day. Make it launch out of the pyramid (are two launches too much?) to satisfy both it making a full circuit (or an apparent full circuit, anyway) and the visibility outside of the building.

But damn making a hole in that pyramid is hard. Grr...

But for now i uploaded a new version where the pyramid appears to touch the floor (the reason it didn't was because if its all the way on the ground the pyramid floor flickers between the pyramid material and the ground) and i also got the unload station to stay within its walls.

i must say the concept is superior, but the design leaves alot to be desired. I got a roll -back and the ride in the backseat has quite a few red g spikes. The ride is more of a fantasy track with all the propulsions during the ride. I personally feel the ride was almost too long but that is just my personal opinion.

I feel the supports, or lack thereof, could have been 100% better. But you are still working on the coaster right? So im sure it will be better!

Now as far as the ending...it would be cool if there was a transfer track that slides from the loading platform to the unloading platform. Picture it like this...theres a wall with a tunnel that has a dead end with the wall...the tunnel fills with fog, and strobs go off, and while all this is going on the transfer track is sliding to the left to bring the track in. Then out of the dead end tunnel comes the train!

Again, loved the concept!

^ That makes me wonder is sometimes things get lost in translation when you upload and download these tracks. My friend also said he got a rollback and i've never gotten one.

and, d'oh. i never even thought to ride it in the back seat! i just figured they were so close together they must be pretty much identical.

oh well.

THanks for the comments, guys.

The idea was really cool... and I know what a pain it is to use the wooden catwalks as scenery. It was a nice coaster, but I felt some parts were under supported (mainly the inversions), and also some of the supports had parts chopped off (for clearance... I think). It also bugged me a little that the supports didn't touch the track, but that's being nit picky.

It was a unique idea, especially because its a shuttle, but I felt the Euro-Fighter cars were a little too wide for the compact course. I think the X-Cars would've provided clearance better for the course, and also give reason for the hanging upside down part.

Great job, and I hope you update the coaster in the future, so it becomes a complete circuit!