TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kung Fu Panda VS WALL-E

Adriel

Which one will be more successful?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Which one will be more successful?

• Kung Fu Panda
    • WALfluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and gooE

Dreamworks and Pixar seem to be in a huge rivalry again this summer with each releasing their own feature.

Kung Fu Panda is the latest production from Dreamworks. With its star-power which includes Jack Black, Dustin Hoffman, Angelina Jolie, Jackie Chan and Lucy Liu, there's no more doubt that this movie will be another victory for DreamWorks. Critics have been nice to this one so far, claiming it as an entertaining piece that includes a lot of action scenes.

WALL-E, on the other hand, is a risky business made by PIXAR. While the trailer shows how the plot will be interesting and the visual is fantastic, the lack of dialogue will sure make some people avoid the movie. Yet, usually Pixar's animation are welcomed very positively by the critics. Plus, good word-of-mouth often supports the company's film. Do these also go to the WALL-E?

I personally think WALL-E will win in the end. Good word-of-mouth, unique plot and much more. It seems like PIXAR is becoming more and more creative each year creating a new original and fresh ideas for their animation. And I think, WALL-E is a sure winner for the nomination of "Best Sound Mixing" and "Best Sound Editing" next year. Well, hope so...

Now, which one do you think will win the fight?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hre in Colombia the promo for Wall-E has been like poor compare to the Promo Kung Fu Panda have.Wall-E I just have seen promo at Disney Channel and is a short trailer. Kung Fu Panda has posters all over the theathers here.So far I think I'm gonna pick Kung Fu Panda though Pixar films are very good.

*Checks calendar to make sure this isn't another April fool's thread*

In my opinion, the only Dreamworks animated movie that has been close to Pixar standards is Shrek. Even "disappointing" Pixar movies are great, and Wall-E looks like it will be amazing.

Domestic box office Total prediction.

WALL-E - 270 million

Kung Fu Panda - 217 million

--Jay

Those look like some pretty high numbers...

I can totally see Kung-Fu Panda busting hard at the box office and putting up way under $100m... but I'm also not a movie buff. Just a random prediction with no evidence to back it up

That said, WALL-E all the way. DreamWorks is a joke.

I will probably say that Pixar will take the win. I've always been a Pixar fan to the the point that today, I'll sit down and watch their movies including Toy Story. Dreamworks, I'd say my favorite was probably Shrek 2 as they kinda slipped in some semi-adult humor but Pixar just seems to have this extra bit of something to it that the others can't pull off...they're like the Nintendo of computer animated films.

Wall-E looks like it's going to do better, but Kung Fu Panda might score well with the younger audiences. Not that Wall-E won't. Pixar has just always made incredible movies and Dreamworks animated stuff just... never really appeals to me (except, of course, Shrek). I would pick Wall-E over KFP if I had to pick one. That's my little two cents.

I'm definitely seeing both movies, because as much as I love karate-chopping pandas, I'm a sucker for little robots. Wall-E looks to be a very interesting Pixar film. Certainly not quite like anything they've done before, but I think it will be close to there best movie thus far.

We're dying for WALL-E over here. I'm a huge PIXAR fan, so I'll run to see Wall-E when it opens, but I don't know if I'd even consider Kung-Fu panda on DVD.

My kids (who I would imagine are in the target demographic for Kung Fu Panda, are totally excited about Wall-E, btw)

So here I am back with the box office prediction of WALL-E!

So the creator is Andrew Stanton. And as we know from the first teaser last year, he made all of these animations from a lunch in 1994. All of those films became a success and really bring Pixar into the top of animation industry. Now for the box office opening weekend...

Toy Story -- $29,140,617 with total of $191,796,233 (1995)

A Bug's Life -- $33,258,052 with total of $162,798,565 (1998)

Toy Story 2 -- $57,388,839 with total of $245,852,179 (1999)

Monsters Inc. -- $62,577,067 with total of $255,873,250 (2001)

Finding Nemo -- $70,251,710 with total of $339,714,978 (2003)

All information is taken from www.boxofficemojo.com

As we all know, all of the movies above have Andrew Stanton and John Lasseter in the production staff. From the figure, we can see that the opening weekend for each movie is increasing while the final gross is also going up very well as well. If this figure also goes to WALL-E, I expect WALL-E to have...

Opening weekend -- $76,414,141

Final gross -- Between $280,000,000 to $350,000,000

Still we don't know yet. WALL-E's lack of dialogue may upset some people. Yet, "It's all not about what they say, it's all about what they do,".

Dreamwork movies are the most uninventive pieces of movie making I've ever seen. I do admit their fun to watch but nearly every movie they make (apart from Shrek 1 & 2 and possible Antz for its adult nature) is just a lazy creature movie stuffed with weak jokes.

Pixar on the other hand is the only saving grace in animation at the moment, only they can use CGI animation to the full and offer some spell-binding and genuinely funny movies. The only other company that I can think of is Aardman, to bad they only come along every 5 years.

While we are on the subject of animation, we have to be witnessing the downfall of movie quality. Nearly all the animations we see today are dumb joke movies. The worst culprit in this downfall is Disney,. They were producing astonishing movies as late five years but then Treasure Planet came along. Due to no fault of its own (it was a great movie IMO) it bombed in the box office and Disney got it into their thick little heads that those types of movies were no longer in 'fashion'. Now were stuck with films like Chicken Little.

Weird. I thought Dreamworks had already gone through the entire animal kingdom in terms of lead characters.

hahahahahahahahaha

I just died laughing, but it so true. The one movie that keeps coming up in this thread as the only quality movie from Dreamworks is Shrek, and that's the only Dreamworks movie that comes to mind that doesn't use animals.

Dreamworks films are just very forgettable, they all sort of blend together in a really bad way.