TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fahrenheit Opening Day

Now I have strong feelings on how it was handled yesterday, and I was called a lot of things over these opinions. But just becuase Hershey is a high class park, and people will defend it. They still have a lot of things wrong with it. They could have handled things better, and also formed a line, a little before it opened. But instead they just had a ton of people in a circle chained off in till it opened. I could not leave this circle of people if I wanted to. But I did get to ride, and I do feel Hershey realized there mistake afterwards. As they did let me ride twice in the front seat. So thats my opinion, and thats all I have to say negative from this report. I posted some other things that were more harsh about the park that I shouldn't have posted. So this is all I'm going to say.

So yes I did have a good time, and the ride was awesome, now on to the photo report.

Around, seven thirty in the morning. We were the third group in line.

Me and Tyler in line!

Pretty, notice the ok line.

Nerd Shot. I wanted to try out the new zoom lens. This was zoomed only a tiny bit, can't wait for Cedar Point!

Grr.

Heat up for it, in about 8 hours.

Thats were it was stuck.

As you can see there hooking cables up.

Look.

Hurry Up.

There pulling it up, after 7 hours. Me, Tyler, and my mom, waited there the whole time.

Almost, almost, come on!

Still closed.

Cherrypicker.

Me and Tyler are going up the lift yay, it opened.

Up some more.

We are now going around the turn.

Was it worth it Tyler? "Hell No" was his exact words. Did you like it? "Yeah it was Awesome". At least he liked it.

Heat up, and get Beat up Yo!

We were the only ones that were there all day.

Pretty.

Now we were able to get nerd shots, even closer!

Fahrenheit.

I liked the turn, but the Norwegian loop was the best.

I did like the ride, and it is a must ride.

Night time.

Howler looked great at night. This picture doesn't some up how awesome it looks. Much better looking then Fahrenheit at night to be honest.

That lift is awesome, it feels like your upside down going up it.

Well I'm done, this is the last picture.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures. I think there some of my best.

-Brandon

Happy guys?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you really sound kind of dumb and spoiled!

It's a brand new ride, it's going to have issues. They didn't want to form a line cause they didn't think it was going to open. You probably 'got hurt' because you were being stupid. Most rides don't have any kind of 'ceremony' on the public opening day. Did I cover it all? No, I"m pretty sure there were several other things I rolled my eyes at trying to read your report!

Oh yeah, you're still complaining even though you got to ride and got comp tickets!

Wow...what a bad report!

Hahahaha this is the best trip report on TPR. Thanks for this excellent pictures! I can assure you that your displeasure with Hershey has certainly affected my desire to go there, and now they will not rob me of my money with their poor organization and mosh pits and inability to have an opening ceremony for a new ride and valleying coasters! Clearly this park is not very good and you're right, they should be "sewed" and send all of their good rides to Knoebel's, because Knoebel's would know how to treat their customers!

Edit: Also, Howler looks so awesome! I don't understand why they were promoting Fahrenheit as the big new attraction this year? Howler looks so much better!!!

All us Hershey hating East Coast Trippers will be there soon enough, we can stage a hate rally, Hershey's going down.

Seriously I love the park, I went there in 2004 and they were so nice to me. The lady at the information booth offered me her cell phone for the day in case I needed to call a taxi to get back to Harrisburg Greyhound and the security guard at the ticket booth got me a discount voucher before I brought my ticket.

WOw... ! I'm glad I wasn't raised like you!

I'm sure security kicked everyone out of line in the morning because of the fact that uh.. the train was stuck in the cobra roll?

When my g/f and I walked past we heard a lady ask if it was open and the security guard said "No its having technical problems" and she said "Oh.. Ok.. well.. I'll just wait then".. and then he said "if you go around the corner, you'll see what the problem is" and she just insisted that she'd wait in line!

Many people are stupid and letting a huge line form for a ride they know is going to be down for many hours would be the WORST thing they could do! It'd just attract 100x more stupid people!

Anyway i dont know why your so upset. Hershey is awesome and some of the most friendliest staf around. And u got ran over that must suck. I notice your going to cp have you seen the running of the bulls ive seen people get petty messed up there to. Oh yeah maverick valleyed the other day to i guess cp is to blame to

And that "Running of the bulls" happens at every park I go to. It's not really Hershey's fault. I usually find it quite entertaining. At SFOG, I watched a boyfriend drag his girlfriend through puddles to get to Goliath. Now that's true love folks.

Behemoth's openings have had pretty bad bullruns, especially on weekends. Kids get trampled all the time, and while it sucks, it's hardly an occurrance unique to Hershey...

Any bets on whether or not he'll try and defend himself or not?

And that "Running of the bulls" happens at every park I go to. It's not really Hershey's fault. I usually find it quite entertaining. At SFOG, I watched a boyfriend drag his girlfriend through puddles to get to Goliath. Now that's true love folks.

On the Midwest Trip at Six Flags Great America, we saw a girl's boobs flop out of her shirt when she was running to the rides. She didn't stop either, tucked 'em back in while she was running. Of course it happened in front of the gay guys of the group. Maybe I should "sew" Six Flags for mental anguish or sexual harassment.

^^Team hetero is very disappointed we missed that sight on the Midwest Trip, a couple of girls did flash for the on-ride on Son Of Beast when we were riding so we didn't miss everything.

I guess in that guys defence though, how many of us weren't a bit difficult when we were 15?

Edit: Also, Howler looks so awesome! I don't understand why they were promoting Fahrenheit as the big new attraction this year? Howler looks so much better!!!

Hold on, did they steal the ride from Idlewild? That's the exact same ride as from Idlewild! Hay, at least I'll get to ride it once this year, be it a Idlewld or Hershey.

The big problem I had with it was, once it started testing they should have opened the line. Jeesh I'm just going to edit out the captions see if I care, its better then getting flamed. If they organized a line say 20 minutes before it opened, it would have been fine. Also I really don't think it would rap around the park, I'm sure half the people would leave it within a half hour if they did keep it open. Hershey seriously could have handled it better, and a lot of people there did agree with me. I loved the ride, and I waited there all day becuase I wanted to ride it, and I do realize that it was my choice to wait there.

Also guys, I'm dyslexic and sometimes see words differently then what they are. So I'm sorry that I miss spelled one word. I really don't think it was necessary to completely flame some one. Also I did read it over, three times. I do this with every post.

I'm sorry, its just I've had some pretty bad past experiences with Hershey, this year I thought it was getting better along with last year. This just brought back some old hatred how they handled this. Oh well just look at the pictures if you hate the report.

Ohh and I was fine with the running of people, I don't think I said I had a problem with that. I expected that, but it could have been handled better. When they opened the ride, the let down one chain. Then expected everyone to go through that, so everyone eventually just knocked it down.

I half-agree. I love Hershey...it's one of my home parks, they have great staff and great rides (and some of the cleanest restrooms around!) but I think it's been poorly managed the past few years, especially concerning ride ops and loading times. The park itself is getting cramped; I haven't been there yet this year but the few times I did go, I thought the crowds were horrendous.

I'm also still a bit bitter about the removal of a few classic rides (they remove the Giant Wheel and Cyclops AND the Conestoga Wagon, but they keep Rodeo??). None of this will keep me from going, though. Well, if the monorail was removed, it might lol.

If they organized a line say 20 minutes before it opened, it would have been fine. Also I really don't think it would rap around the park, I'm sure half the people would leave it within a half hour if they did keep it open. Hershey seriously could have handled it better

I think perhaps this is true... if they made no effort to organize the massive crowd of people in any, then that is poor planning.

However as some other parks have done, even organizing a crowd into a single file line and trying to calmly bring them back to the ride entrance to avoid trampling doesn't work very well, as people get impatient and just start shoving and pushing anyway. But I guess it would've been worth it to try.

I'm sorry, but I have to say it.

They actually did a good job with the line, besides, you still would've had to wait there since the Nantimi people would've had to get their rides in.

I really can't believe that you were so desprate to wait 7 hours for FH to open when you could've ridden other rides in the park. You still would've been able to get your FH ride on later.

Why are you complaining? The park gave you front of the line passes and you're still saying how bad the park is!

*getting off my soapbox*

-Chris

They really did not try to organize a line. I realize that they don't want one all day. I was happy about the front of the line passes, and that was good. I didn't have a terrible time, but I was upset how it was handled. Also you know what, I didn't mind waiting that whole time. I had fun talking with people the whole day, also talking to coaster enthusiasts.

Couple of things responding to various posts...

First, who knows when the decision was made to actually open the ride? What if they put a thousand people in the queue only to have the ride valley again-- or decide they weren't going to open it? I don't know what guarantee there would be that a line formed outside the normal queue would stay orderly and not interfere with traffic on the midway or any other attraction.

When people were stacked up the way they were in front of the ride, there was no way they were going to get into the cattle chutes in an orderly manner. Besides, if some people decided to push and shove people out of the way, it's because they're inconsiderate idiots. That's not Hershey's problem.

Give HP a break! Do you think they wanted the ride opening to be delayed? They could have just as easily said, go home and come back tomorrow; we're not even going to try to open this today. And they're under no obligation to give anybody any freebies. There's 10 other coasters there for you to ride, plus a ton of other attractions.

As far as rides being removed-- it's well known that the Conestoga Wagon and Giant Wheel were maintenance headaches. In the case of the wheel, many replacement parts weren't even being manufactured anymore. So how can you expect those rides to stay open? I definitely prefer Howler to the 3-D theatre.

Yes, Hershey has gotten more crowded in the past few years. As long as they are exceeding whatever legal capacity they're allowed, I wouldn't expect them to start turning people away. I'd like to see them continue to expand out into the parking lot/golf course areas, but I have no idea what their plans are. If attendance hadn't increased the way it did over the past 10 years, do you think they would have even considered installing rides like Stormrunner and Fahrenheit?

Now there are a number of things that can be improved. A lot of people left the regular line to get in the single rider line when they noticed it was short. I didn't even notice it existed when we first got into line. The on-ride pic is totally off. The stairway to the platform is clogged with people waiting for the first seat (think Talon). I think that led to some delays in dispatch because people who didn't care where they sat were held back on the stairs-- so it took time to get them onto the platform. There aren't individual seat queues on the platform other than first row. I'm sure given time, Hershey will work all these kinks out.

To summarize-- s*** happens! We don't live in a perfect world, and when stuff doesn't go according to plan, don't take it personally. No, I didn't get the 15 minutes of ERT before the park opened as was originally planned (I won't even say promised). I did get to ride the coaster 9 hours later than scheduled and after waiting in line for 2 hours. So what? In the big scheme of things, there are a lot of people who have a lot worse things to deal with than what happened Saturday.

I'd have to say that post was one of the few that was mature in this topic. Everything else was more just bashing. I know stuff happens, and I did over react, but I was pretty upset. I didn't like that they had 4 seats just for single riders along with any seat that was a single rider. But to tell the truth that was the least annoying, for me at least. I'm glad that finally some one that was there posted, instead of people that just made assumptions. Seriously, they think it was perfect, and Hershey couldn't do any thing and it wasn't there fault at all. But there were quite of bit of things that were. It could have been planned out better, and thats all I'm trying to get across.

Also may I state, half of what I said in the original post, was in a jokingly matter. But it doesn't seem that any of that got across to people, it seems that they just looked at all of the negatives. I wasn't talking all negative, so call me a "brat" or "spoiled". Thats your opinion, and I have mine also.

-Brandon

We weren't bashing you, we were just expressing our true opinions on your TR.

Seriously, they think it was perfect, and Hershey couldn't do any thing and it wasn't there fault at all. But there were quite of bit of things that were. It could have been planned out better, and thats all I'm trying to get across.

Wait a minute. You first said that you wished someone would sue the park and now you say this?

I'm sorry, but what came off of your first post was that you just hated your trip and you didn't seem to be joking.