TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Fahrenheit Opening Day

Great pictures!! If I have my future wedding at Knoebels can I hire you to be the photographer?!

Could I possibly request that first Comet one for a desktop background?!

You Rock!

Eric

1. Sure, just so long as you help me out somehow with my wedding at Epcot.

2. Of course. I'll send it to you right now.

3. And yes, I know, but feel free to tell me many, many more times.

(Also, if anyone would like full size copies of any of the pictures, just let me know!)

I had to tell you that your Fahrenheit pictures on pg 3 really threw me off when I got to the park last weekend. I was expecting a bright red coaster much like the pictures that you took, but surprisingly it was much more of an orange coaster in reality... I noticed some of my pictures came out red too, and I had to do some color adjusting. Or maybe I'm just color blind and didn't realize it, who knows. Great pictures and report though!

IMG_2376sm.jpg.efcc4f054823d53e1fd92cefb494686f.jpg

It's orange I swear

• Like 1

I came here looking for Howler pictures, and noticed that you gave it the shaft!

Stop trying to hold down the true top new attraction of 2008!!! Howler will reign supreme!

I'm boycotting your TRs until you appease my Howler lust!

I had the same concern as you about the orange and red. I thought it was red before I got there, Melissa thought it was Orange... I HATE when she proves me wrong, so even though I saw that it was orange once we got there, I insisted it was red until she asked a security guard what color it really was... turns out, I REALLY was wrong.

Great pics and reports too Natalie. Your pics really got me pumped up to ride Fahrenheit yesterday. It was certainly a fun ride, but (not to be negative about it) it was missing something. I'm not quite sure what it was, but like I had said in my TR, I LOVED the lift and the ending sequence. The 2 large inversions did nothing for me...

I had to tell you that your Fahrenheit pictures on pg 3 really threw me off when I got to the park last weekend. I was expecting a bright red coaster much like the pictures that you took, but surprisingly it was much more of an orange coaster in reality... I noticed some of my pictures came out red too, and I had to do some color adjusting. Or maybe I'm just color blind and didn't realize it, who knows. Great pictures and report though!

Yeah, it seemed like in all of my photos the color of the track looked completely different, depending on the angle and position of the sun when I took the pictures. Notice how drastically the colors change from one picture to the other (photos #5 and #6 for example) - I didn't do that! They just came out that way. Now that you mention it, I probably should have gone through the photos and tried to add a bit more orange for some of them, because the track definitely looks fire-engine red in a few shots.

At the same time, I don't remember the track being anywhere near the level of orange that came out in your photo, either. Take one of my pictures where the track looks red, take your picture with the track looking orange, mix the two together, and that's probably close to the actual color. I think that the track is really just your basic red-orange, with maybe a slight favor to the latter.

I still can't get over the brightness of the colours you get in those photos, I gotta learn how to use my camera or go back to a Nikon.

As far as marriage goes, personally I'd blow off Disney for one of those drive through weddings in Vegas, you don't even have to get out of your car, but I'd definitely want to honeymoon at Cedar Point. But somehow I think I'll get railroaded into a conventional wedding day and no coaster credits on the honeymoon, such is non-enthusiast girls.

well finally #3 opened here in the northeast and most likely the best one! Awesome report, this makes me even more excited to head back to school in August to get me to Hershey and see how this coaster is, I personally loved Maverick but this one looks to be much more enjoyable!

I personally loved Maverick but this one looks to be much more enjoyable!

Comparing the two is like comparing rain to snow. They have small similarities but are totally different. Maverick is more "out of control" and all about changing direction. It's also a launched coaster, don't forget. Fahrenheit is a very compact multi-looper. The only similarities I see are that it's made by Intamin and the trains are short.

Such an awesome TR, Natalie!

Your photos are amazing!

I've tried a ton of times to get some good pics of Lightning Racer, as it's one of my favorite woodies as well, but to no avail. I really want a sweet pic of LR that I can use as a desktop BG.

Roller Soaker is also a credit that I have passed up because I HATE walking around in wet clothes/shoes! It's kind of a heart breaker to have to pass up such an easy credit, but I think it's worth not getting soaked!

P.S. I flippin LOVE IKEA!

You've done well with the pictures and the captions are fun to read. FH, SR, and Boardwalk are among my faves.

The Potomac Mills Ikea is familiar territory, and I have a couple of those artist mannequins. Yep, also would do a WDW wedding when the time came. So, do you and Tyler need a groomsman?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say that I absolutely loved Fahrenheit. Not only was it smooth, but you hit the elements one right after the other. While the ride doesn't look extremely intimidating, the compact design and the fact that the elements come one right after the other makes the ride more intense than I had originally expected.

My favorite parts of the ride would have to be the exit of the Norwegian loop (and hill heading into the cobra roll) and the airtime hill towards the end of the ride.

I went this past Saturday, so the line was pretty long; however, they were firing trains out consistently, so the line continuously moved. Unfortunately, by the 2nd time I rode it, they had moved to 2 train operation (I'm not sure why, as there was easily over an hour wait), so while the line was shorter, we still waited over an hour.

Great, great ride.