TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas TR.

I'm going to Texas in late June for about a week........to visit my sister. We are going to visit Galveston, Kemah Boardwalk(BOARDWALK BULLET WOOO! GG WOODIE!), an Astros game, San Antonio, and whats the biggest to me: Six Flags Fiesta Texas. I've never been to Texas before, or a Six Flags, on a Batman clone, on a FoF clone, on a floorless coaster(cept Griffon), spinning coaster, or a Proslide Tornado. Naturally I would like to know what you guys think of SFFT and what should I know before I go. Also if any of the coasters will cause me crazy pain like Hurler at Carowinds did which pulled a few muscles......

Oh and is Flash Pass Gold(or regular for four people) worth it? My family is really thrifty sometimes.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I live 5 minutes from the park (six Flags). You should plan to go on a Monday because it isn't very crowded. Be carful on the Poltiergiest. The brakes at the end don't completly so it could hurt on the little curve right after the brakes. Rattler can be very painful if you don't sit right. The curve after the first drop is very tight and intense. The food is pretty good if you like $12.00 for a half pizza and 4 cheese sticks. Have fun!!!!!!!!! Oh and the flash pass is okay but I think you canonly use it once on that ride. Now have fun.

• 2 weeks later...
don't get too down, Six Flags Fiesta Texas is a fantastic park.

Superman Krypton Coaster is my absolute favorite coaster i have ever ridden.

Yeah, that and Goliath are the ones I'm really excited for I wonder if they'll be able to break my Top 10 which has:

10. Magnum XL-200 at Cedar Point

9. Mystery Mine at Dollywood

8. Thunderhead at Dollywood

7.Griffon at Busch Gardens Europe

6. Raptor at Cedar Point

5. Afterburn at Carowinds

4. Alpengeist at Busch Gardens Europe

3. Lightning Racer at Hershey Park

2. Apollo's Chariot at Busch Gardens Europe

1. Millennium Force at Cedar Point.

I'm pretty sure theyll beat Magnum. Not too sure about LR, AC and Millie.

make sure you check out some of the shows,

there is a reason that park wins the Golden Ticket Award for best shows - so many times.

I loved the Los Festivales area (basically the mainstreet area)

beware Rattler is very rough, and for what was once the tallest wooden coaster its really shaky and does not really use the terrain to its full potential.

Road Runner Express is a cool Mine Ride.

Poltergiest is a favorite of mine there (just not my top 10)

Superman Krypton Coaster is my #1 coaster on my top ten.

Boomerang -- is a boommerang.

I've not been there since they put in Tony Hawk's Big Spin and Goliath. I DID ride Joker's Revenge, and it was well.... a good time waster, since the ride itself was going backwards.

Rattler is an awful coaster, but if you must ride it for the credit, there's a way to make it tolerable. Hold on to the grab bar in front of you, and keep your back off the seat back. That's where the forces of the shaking go, so you'll get beat up if you keep your back there. Just sit forward.

Superman is fantastic. It's my No. 2 floorless. Tony Hawk is also a fun coaster.

It's got a different feel than other Six Flags parks. It's got pretty good theming in different areas, and it's situated in a great location. You should have fun.

don't froget man that in San Antonio they also have SeaWorld

Great White is basically a SLIGHTLY more compact version of Goliath.

and

Steel Eel is a really beautiful D.H. Morgan coaster.

they have two others coasters there (not there when i was there)

Shamu's something something - kiddie coaster

and

Dive to Atlantis - NOT the Dive to Atlantis like you see at SeaWorld San Diego or Orlando. its this sort of "water coaster"

it is 43.50 for one day admission for one adult.

The thing is though, of all the American cities i've gone to San Antonio is my favorite, its like Mexico lite. LOL

I'm an Arab-American, i've always really enjoyed this city. there is a lot of history there i'm sure you'll appreciate.

by all means though, you should have a great time, because if push came to show for what park i'd wanna go, hands down i'd wanna go to Six Flags Fiesta Texas.

to me its a young park, and its defienently one of the best ones i've visited to in the states.

barring Disney/Universal (i never count these they are in a whole different class)

Six Flags Over Texas, Cedar Point, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas are very very good parks.

Yeah were going to SFFT no matter what. But I was thinking going to Sea World for like 4 hours. It can't take me too long to get what I want there done. All I wanna do is ride Steel Eel, Great White, JTA, Shamu Express(yay credit whoring), and watch "Believe." I've never been to a Sea World before.

Ewww..........turns out were going on Friday of the trip. My dad didn't know the park was in San Antonio. So now were driving to San Antonio on Thursday and then walk around the city and stuff and on Friday were going to Six Flags in the morning. No Seaworld......not sure about Kemah Boardwalk.

would definenty then want to get Flash Passes

and you'll also want to hit For SURE

Superman Krypton Coaster

Goliath (never rode it but its a Batman clone and the Batman rides are awesome)

Poltergiest

the rest do at your leaisure

Don't feel bad if you don't get to do Rattler, as big as it is its not a great ride at all.

Yeah.......I'm gonna ride Rattler for the credit. Hopefully it doesn't cause any multi-day pain effects like Hurler did at Carowinds. Im curious to see if Goliath or Superman Krypton Coaster to make it in my Top 10. But I doubt Goliath will beat the other three inverts I've ridden(Alpie, Raptor, and AfterTopJetBurnGun Coaster).

EDIT: thanks for the move Robb!

I've never been to that park, but hear me out. Poltergeist has to awesome because it's clone version called Joker's Jinx is a really great ride.

Too bad, you couldn't go to the even better Six Flags park in Texas, Six Flags Over Texas. Also, I really like Batman the Ride which is Goliath at that park. I also really like boomerangs, but to most people they are too rough, but not for me.

I really hope thats what all the waits are next friday. I'd love to ride Goliath and SKC more than 10 times lol. I hear that batman clones are very intense and forceful I'd say the most forceful invert ive ridden is Raptor(Alpengiests cobra roll is really intense though). Will I need a break from rides after ridding Goliath a few times?

I really hope they dont enforce the flash pass crap in the front seat. I wanna get some front rides on Goliath. Whats kinda bugging me is that theres 5 of us and one person will only go on some rides that only seat 4 people(ex. Tornado). Another is Scream only seats 3 when 4 of us will want to go on it.

It is a fun park yet the park is located in a hole in the ground. It gets pretty hot in there. Also operations are pretty much a hit or miss there. You can go one day and have it be great and literally the next day be crap. you should also try to make it to Sea World as it is a fun park. Beware of what you hear about Superman though, it is a good coaster but definately not a top 10 ride. I think it is highly overrated. Poltergeist is a lot of fun though and do not ride Rattler in the very back seat unless you want to be carried off by a stretcher. Any other tips you need just message me as I live about 5 min from SFFT.

--David

^I have to agree with him that SKC is overrated. It was one of the most disappointing coasters I've ever ridden, mainly because it was hyped so much for me. In the end, it turned out to be my least favorite floorless I've been on (SKC, Dominator, Scream, Kraken). The drop was cool, but the ride itself just wasn't very forceful and felt too drawn out. It really lacked the intensity that the other floorless coasters had. If they had made everything a little bit smaller, it would be a much better ride.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a good ride and all, but don't expect anything really amazing, because you might set yourself up for disappointment like I did. On the other hand, you might find it amazing. There are obviously quite a few people out there who do. I just didn't see it.

^^Kraken's instense? That thing is like a LazyBoy on tracks. I love the ride, but I wouldn't call it intense.

I don't split hairs comparing floorless and regular B&M sit-down loopers separately. They're all B&M loopers to me, and I'd put S:KC somewhere near the top of the seven I've been on (Kumba, Kraken, S:KC, Medusa East, Hulk, Hydra, B: DK). It's got great visuals because of the limestone cliffs, a gigantic loop with great hangtime, a great zero-G roll, and a somewhat intense ending. It's definitely a fun ride and--I think--one of the better loopers out there.

I don't think S:KC has quite the love-it-or-hate-it status as MF. MF is a one-of-a-kind ride, and S:KC isn't too different from most of the other B&M loopers, other than its setting. Everyone has different preferences, so the best thing to do is just get out and ride it for yourself.