TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Kings Dominion Dominator Media Day

cfc

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pics, guys. I'm definitely going to have to take off work early one day next week and make the short hike up there. This is the exact kind of ride KD needs (as others have mentioned). Maybe it will take away from some of Volcano's line through hell.

I went yesterday for a couple of hours (Memorial Day). Operations on Dominator were phenomenal. They were running all three trains and stacking was minimal. I got on twice in the first 40 minutes I was there.

Then I had to wait 25 minutes to get on Rebel Yell. I was third in line.

^ Not to mention that Superman: Krypton Coaster is a much better ride

Glad to see they're landscaping the rides moved from GL. I think this will fit in better in its new home than it could ever have hoped to at GL.

-James Dillaman

At GL is was buildt over the water, also the entrace was great in that walked under the Cobra roll.

I remember walking along the bridge thinking about how pretty Dominator and Thunderhawk were on the water.

It may have a better life but it will not be better landscaped.

I went yesterday for a couple of hours (Memorial Day). Operations on Dominator were phenomenal. They were running all three trains and stacking was minimal. I got on twice in the first 40 minutes I was there.

Then I had to wait 25 minutes to get on Rebel Yell. I was third in line.

Speaking of Rebel yell is the former "backward" side open for the season yet?

Yes, but oddly, it runs about like the forward side ran last season. There's a bump at the bottom of the first drop and the rest of the ride was pretty sluggish and jackhammery. I rode both sides one after the other in the same seat and it was like two different rides. The "always-has-been-forward" side is just plain dreamy in the first two cars.