Jump to content
  TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

p. 337 - New Six Flags Hallowfest information!

Recommended Posts

From what I saw today, the only coaster that wouldn't run in the rain was Wild One.  Thankfully, I got a dozen rides on that coaster in between the rain at the start and end of the day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speaking of Batwing, the crew working that ride was incredible.  They were averaging 30-60 second dispatches (as long as the ride didn't go down, which was beyond their control).  That's amazing for any ride, let alone that one.  Especially since it usually has dispatches in the 5-10 minute range.

The operations at Six Flags America were way better than usual.  I'm convinced they kidnapped a Cedar Fair staff.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn! I've noticed dispatches have been improving in the last few years, but sub 60-second dispatches on Batwing is impressive for any park, especially this place. Great to hear. Would be very interested to see how fast they can move the line if they ever put the 2nd train back on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Canobie Coaster said:

The operations at Six Flags America were way better than usual.  I'm convinced they kidnapped a Cedar Fair staff.

You never know, especially considering Kings Dominion isn't opening for another two months 🙃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never thought I'd see the day where they have quick dispatches on Batwing!

Wonder if they'll ever put the 2nd train for it back on the track (unless it's being used as a parts donor).

As much as I've wondered if it'll ever be gone; I give the park credit for keeping it going!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As others have noted, dispatches are so much better this year. I talked to a crew member earlier and they said they were practicing for the spring break rush. Where the heck is JJ's second train though that thing gets a line with almost no crowd now. 

 

It is pretty amazing they've kept Batwing this whole time. I've been going for eight years and have never even seen it closed! Bets on who goes first, Nighthawk or Batwing?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, disownedpear said:

I've been going for eight years and have never even seen it closed!

Man you've been lucky. I was closed for a very large chunk of 2019 iirc due to needing a replacement part, and I've seen it closed on several other occasions. Still glad they keep it around, as I really do enjoy it, and it is quite a large draw to the dry park.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, disownedpear said:

As others have noted, dispatches are so much better this year. I talked to a crew member earlier and they said they were practicing for the spring break rush. Where the heck is JJ's second train though that thing gets a line with almost no crowd now. 

 

It is pretty amazing they've kept Batwing this whole time. I've been going for eight years and have never even seen it closed! Bets on who goes first, Nighthawk or Batwing?

 

For sure Nighthawk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^Nighthawk at least got a lot of parts from Firehawk's closure, although Cedar Fair  is more likely to put a big new ride into Carowinds and they could easily replace Nighthawk with one. How about Batwing closes first but Nighthawk is actually removed first 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, CoasterGuy06 said:

^Nighthawk at least got a lot of parts from Firehawk's closure, although Cedar Fair  is more likely to put a big new ride into Carowinds and they could easily replace Nighthawk with one. How about Batwing closes first but Nighthawk is actually removed first 🤣

I would agree with that, but Carowinds top 3 doesn't include Nighthawk.... SFA's does IMO (Batwing, Superman, Firebird). And I don't rank them based on my enjoyment, I do it based on what I see as far as lines when I'm inside the park. I think Batwing is a key piece of the park for SFA, whereas Carowinds if it closed, noone would care.

If SFA puts in a 15 million $ coaster and removes Batwing, my above point is now void

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^^-- That's definitely not SFA's top 3 even by line length on average, but going by lines, I'd say Nighthawk might be the most popular ride at Carowinds. Throughput is poor on the awful, but funny, things though. Anyway, due to SFA being SFA, they'll run Batwing until it dies or they close the place. It may even outlast Mind Eraser as it's a few years younger. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, bill_s said:

^^-- That's definitely not SFA's top 3 even by line length on average, but going by lines, I'd say Nighthawk might be the most popular ride at Carowinds. Throughput is poor on the awful, but funny, things though. Anyway, due to SFA being SFA, they'll run Batwing until it dies or they close the place. It may even outlast Mind Eraser as it's a few years younger. 

What would you say is? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^^-- By quality, Supes and Wild One are the stars. Your personal choice for #3. I might take Roar but Jinx is more popular and good. Batwing for somebody. I enjoy Firebird sometimes but started riding it for shorter lines first. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wasn't saying quality, I am simply saying what the GP would view as top 3. I don't think Wild One is an attractive marketing ride. As much as this forum may love it, Wild One is just another wooden coaster with a one train wait.

Personally - I put Wild One in my top 3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I have not been to the park in two seasons due to getting really bored of going all the time. However, I was going every year for years. I seem to notice the staff in the beginning of the season is pretty good... its later in the season that it starts to fall off. I get its hot and you are working in the elements but don't take a job you truly don't want. 

Just Google mapped the park and I think Harley Quinn looks good where it is. Definitely better than the smaller swing ride they had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I've never been to a park who's staff quality doesn't decrees by the end of the season, I think it's pretty inevitable as the work becomes more familiar and mundane and the temps rise.

 

I've been going since 2012 and have always hated on Superman for what I feel is it's wasted penitential. Last Sunday though, it was hauling absolute ass like I've never seen before. The first helix felt like i305, the 3rd hill had sustained ejector, and even the second helix pulled some crazy lateral forces. If it always ran like this, I think it would be a top 10 for me. People were clapping at the end of every cycle, which does not happen often at SFA. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

The shoot went pretty well. I was a complete idiot and forgot to bring my phone so no pictures unfortunately. They were shooting on Wild One and Firebird as well for some reason.

What was interesting is they pretty much had all of Gotham City linked up, so when they started Harley Quinn, the round up, JJ and Wonder Woman would all start staggered so they would line up perfectly for the photos. Was very cool and I've never seen a park do this. 

The ride was fun, pretty forceful, a great fit for the park. Something I noticed is it feels very, like, bumpy when starting and stopping if that makes sense? Anyone experienced something similar on it's clones?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use https://themeparkreview.com/forum/topic/116-terms-of-service-please-read/