TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I haven't even seen two train operation on that ride for at least a season or two now, unfortunately.

Batwing ran both trains and used both stations a few different days last year. I must've gone 4 times and I think they were using both on 2 of those days. And I'm pretty sure they were running both when I went earlier this year, but I might be mixing up visits.

Almost everytime they ran two trains this season, they used both sides of the station.

WHOOOO!!! Fright Fest starts tomorrow!!! And for those who don't know, the Haunted Train is coming back!! Aswell as The Bridge of Terror!!! Well thats about it .... other than a bunch of shows. Even though we don't get as many haunted attractions as other parks, but I think this year's event is going to be great!!

I haven't even seen two train operation on that ride for at least a season or two now, unfortunately.

Batwing ran both trains and used both stations a few different days last year. I must've gone 4 times and I think they were using both on 2 of those days. And I'm pretty sure they were running both when I went earlier this year, but I might be mixing up visits.

I tend to go on weekdays only so that probably makes it highly unlikely for me to see two train operation, I haven't been to the park on a weekend in at least 2 years. But its definitely been a while since I've seen it personally.

Yeah, I only ever go on Sundays unless it's during summer. That's probably why though, considering that the park is already understaffed enough before they start pulling employees to run the second station.

Also, question about Typhoon Lagoon (or whatever that thing's called now). Why exactly did they get rid of the turntables? I thought it was to reduce the number of employees necessary, but they only got rid of the turntable at the end of the tunnel. The other two are still there and being monitored by employees. I don't see how it was very worth it to take just one set out, 'cause that ride pretty much has no draw now.

Yeah I agree they shouldn't have taken out the turnaround, but the ride is still great fun!

I heard Fright Fest 09 is the best Fright Fest SFA has ever done! It includes THREE scare zones (compared to last year's zero scare zones, this is good!), Bridge of Terror haunt, and Paranormal Tours (haunted train), and the stunt show Claws Revenge is said to be the best stunt show the park has ever put on! I can't wait to get down to SFA next weekend and check it out myself. I'll take lots and lots of pics!

I've always been told TSC/SM's modification to reduce payroll.

I've only been on the ride a couple times since the change but the only employee I can recall being removed is the one at the first turntable, since its now gone.

Granted that one employee sitting there not really doing anything for $7 an hour adds up over 30-40 hours a week for a summer.

I've always been told TSC/SM's modification to reduce payroll.

I've only been on the ride a couple times since the change but the only employee I can recall being removed is the one at the first turntable, since its now gone.

Granted that one employee sitting there not really doing anything for $7 an hour adds up over 30-40 hours a week for a summer.

I love how the seasonal employees at any given park think they're "in the know" on anything going on at their particular park.

Skull Mountain just seems to have way too many things that could go wrong. From the remaining turntable, to the boosters pushing the cars over one of the hills. The ride was down on and off all day in my visit in July of 2009. It seems like the ride has always been like that.

It's too bad, because it's a cool ride when it is working, and I would like to see versions of this around the chain, but Six Flags isn't into high-maintnance rides.

SFAFans.com has posted some images of the concept art for Thomas Town in their Gallery. This concept art is currently displayed inside the Loony Tunes Emporium on the park's main street. The concept art shows two new concepts never seen before in a Thomas themed area of a park: a ferris wheel (possibly a re-theme of a current SFA attraction) and a convoy type ride (also possibly a re-theme of a current SFA attraction).

The gallery can be located at the below link:

http://www.sfafans.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=663

The ferris wheel looks like the ballon ferris wheel at The Great Escape. Which is always talked about being removed due to the fact that it is very hidden in its location and the park already has a real ferris wheel.

The ferris wheel looks like the ballon ferris wheel at The Great Escape. Which is always talked about being removed due to the fact that it is very hidding in its location and the park already has a real ferris wheel.

SFA already has one of those ballon ferris wheels so they're probably just going to move it to the Thomas Town area.

^ Thanks for pointing that out to me and yes the ferris wheel currently in SFA will be the one re-themed to thomas due to the fact that the concept art shows the ride with 12 cars (which the one at Sfa has) compared to the ride at The Great Escape only having 8.