TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

p. 337 - New Six Flags Hallowfest information!

Pretty much everything will remain open during the rain, but most of the rides do shut down if there's lightning nearby.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was down in MD visiting friends this weekend and after making a quick stop at American Dream on Friday on the ride down (threw a couple pictures on FB), I started the ride back with a stop at American

Wow. It is hilarious that Six Flags America is opening a whole month early, and BGW is now year-round, and Kings Dominion isn't opening until MAY? I think I'll join Coasterbill in laughing at Ced

Well I was there this past Sunday; temperatures were about 45 degrees which kept the crowds minimal. Everything (except for Ragin Cajun) was one train operations. Early in the season, I was surpr

Posted Images

Quick question (probably a stupid question). What is the rain policy for this park?

Everything stays open unless its a down pour. If the demand is there they will keep the water park open in a rain storm too if its not lightning.

Two new haunted houses this year are The Crypt and Total Damnation. I do believe they will be adding another new unnannounced haunted maze based on the new Fortnite season due to another possible leak on the subreddit.

Six Flags in general has one of the worst haunted events I've been to. I do not understand why so many people waste their money on it when there are so many awesome haunts in the VA, MD, PA, and DE areas.

Anyway... looking forward to night rides on Superman.

Six Flags in general has one of the worst haunted events I've been to. I do not understand why so many people waste their money on it when there are so many awesome haunts in the VA, MD, PA, and DE areas.

And Roar also gives great cold weather rides

edit: I wonder if WW:LOT will run backwards for Fright Fest this year like it did last year?

I go just because I have a season pass. It hasn’t been as crowded as previous years. The mazes are ok. The best one was haunting of hall manor, but last year, they sent in too many people at one time and barley had any actors. Also, Apocalypse and batwing are closed for the year, so I guess I’ll also be marathoning superman.

And Roar also gives great cold weather rides

edit: I wonder if WW:LOT will run backwards for Fright Fest this year like it did last year?

YES! Well I like Roar all the time (its one of my favorite woodies) but definitely more at night.

The Crypt is just Spder Outbreak. They renamed it.

How can you confirm this? I think it's a retheme. Spider Outbreak had multiple scenes that looked like a house or home enviorment with couches and wallpaper. Those types of scenes would not fit in with the description they have for The Crypt

The Crypt is just Spder Outbreak. They renamed it.

How can you confirm this? I think it's a retheme. Spider Outbreak had multiple scenes that looked like a house or home enviorment with couches and wallpaper. Those types of scenes would not fit in with the description they have for The Crypt

Honestly, i cannot. We'll find out next week.

Someone please refresh my memory. Were the antique cars open for Hitp last year? We rode them today, and saw no shortage of Christmas lights strung up. That would be cool if it were open for the event.

Yup... the antique cars were open for 2017 HITP.

They should go to Home Depot and buy a bunch of the big Halloween yard animatronics.

The haunts at this park usually look good. That is just where it ends. They are not scary at all.

One of the best in the area is at Laural House of Horror in Laural. Its in an abandoned movie theater and really well done.

They should go to Home Depot and buy a bunch of the big Halloween yard animatronics.

The haunts at this park usually look good. That is just where it ends. They are not scary at all.

One of the best in the area is at Laural House of Horror in Laural. Its in an abandoned movie theater and really well done.

I agree with, but depends who you talk to. Some people are ridiculous scared. Coyote Creek is pretty good. Gotham is terrible, because it's too open.

Hi everyone I know this probably is a frequently asked question but my family is planning a trip to Six flags on the weekend of the 28th-30th and we noticed that fright fest hours have started! I just wanted to know if we should plan to go Friday from 5-9 or Saturday, depending on which day will have shorter lines and less crowded overall while still getting to most rides in. Thanks!

^If your intent is to get on the rides and you don't mind getting on the rides during the day (as opposed to night rides), go on Saturday and get there early afternoon. The park is generally pretty quiet before dusk during Fright Fest and you could knock out most of the rides before the Fright Fest activities really start to ramp up. After dark, especially Superman tends to get pretty decent lines during Fright Fest and with both Apocalypse and Batwing now closed, it will likely only make matters worse. If you are going for the Fright Fest stuff, Sunday is probably your best bet (if that is even a viable option for you). The Fright Fest stuff tends to draw good crowds at SFA, so unless you are getting the haunt passes to skip the lines, do as much as you can (haunt wise) as early as you can.

Hi everyone I know this probably is a frequently asked question but my family is planning a trip to Six flags on the weekend of the 28th-30th and we noticed that fright fest hours have started! I just wanted to know if we should plan to go Friday from 5-9 or Saturday, depending on which day will have shorter lines and less crowded overall while still getting to most rides in. Thanks!

Saturday during the day is usually pretty dead. You can easily ride every ride, coaster and flat ride, by sun down.

Once the sun starts setting you will see an influx of people, not just cars though. LOTS of people use the bus to get here from DC. Superman can easily get to around an hour wait at night. However, a night ride is worth it, especially in the front row. The lines for all of the haunts can easily get to 45 min to an hour each. They are not that good though, unless you are easily scared. They send groups through way too big.

Might as well do all the rides. Be sure to get your Superman and Roar night rides in. You'll get plenty of rerides if you come in the PM. There are enough shows going on, eating, and those rerides to keep you busy until the night stuff starts.

DC? Broad question my friend. What do you like to do? Smithsonians and other sites are a must. There are other things too, but have to focus.

Hi y'all,

We are visiting Six Flags America this Sunday the 23rd. We will be there in the afternoon to evening hours, as we are making a brief visit there before our stay in Washington, DC. I would like to know what you guys think are the best rides to hit, and in what order/way to visit them. Also, is the Flash Pass worth it/effective? Additionally, if you have any recommendations for attractions in DC, please let me know.

Thanks.

Oh yeah, forget that flash pass, especially on Sunday. Fair warning. Bring a friend free day is that day. You've been warned.