TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

p. 337 - New Six Flags Hallowfest information!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I never said thank you to those of you who replied with the status of Superman, so thanks guys, I really appreciate it! We visited the park this past Friday 5/21 and had a decent visit. It was my

Wow. It is hilarious that Six Flags America is opening a whole month early, and BGW is now year-round, and Kings Dominion isn't opening until MAY? I think I'll join Coasterbill in laughing at Ced

Eh... Superman being closed would totally be a dealbreaker for me on SFA. It's not that great of a park and it's clearly the best thing there.

Posted Images

Being off from from school and still rehabbing my nasty knee (June dislocation with multiple fractures...) injury we headed in last Friday about 1045 with a unique approach.

First coaster ride since our SFGE, SFNE, LC, Quassy, SFGAd loop... APOCALYPSE. Yes, bee line to the standing coaster, know the trick to not squish my nuts, first row, empty train, slow, know the layout and could brace my head, no pressure on the injury. Hoo-ray. Not the best, but 10 months not on a coaster- it was great. People in the ques so reride in the second row. Reride on APOCALYPSE! You know when people there is no such thing as bad pizza, you still had pizza. The extra people onboard must have increased the speed, couldn't prevent the head banging even on a slow ride. There is bad pizza.

Since I couldn't get into WWLOT last year I could finally got to ride. The wind was kicking enough to make it good. Couldn't pick out the Washington Monument. Good addition but doesn't hold a candle to SFNE.

Big kid met up with friends and hit Superman. Reported the same old with reride opportunities. Met up with the family and rerode WWLOT with no line.

Riddler- which seems to be missing parts, paint, and making noises.

Food service continues to be a disaster. Lengthy wait, orders wrong, and credit machines down and not telling people. Saw a guy have a meltdown as he finally got to wait and pay his $87 tab to be told, "We can't take credit cards." He informed them accurately that they needed to get their S*** together and that they SU****!

Hopped on VooDoo drop with no wait. Still a decent quick ride. Ragin Cajin with the bar not on the legs- with just the big kid and myself it is the ideal spin rate. I don't know what they did to that coaster last year but that thing packs some punch anymore.

BIG BLACK clouds started rolling in. We hopped in the Fliers hoping to catch a good wind burst.

Extra theming for Mardis Gras. A band was setting up. They were giving our beads. New temporary New Orleans food stalls set up. Snagged some raspberry beignets as my snack and headed out. Cold Stones is now a coffee and ice cream place. Home by 230 and it started raining.

Gator and Mardis Gras dancers were at the entrance for pictures. I can see the Mardi Gras thing in spring being a keeper especially with the extra food booths. Figure MG in spring, summer day, FF, HITP: four trips=value. Discover card / gold pass entry lanes are now signed as "membership".

I don't know you can send people flying through the air numerous times quicker than putting a semi-thawed frozen burger patty already "cooked" and dumped in bucket onto a bun. Seriously a pie chart of my time in the park was mostly waiting for a burger. I might be tempted to hit Chop Six next time.

I'm honestly quite shocked that that looks appealing to anyone. I mean I'm sure it tastes great but they get an F for presentation. Are wet wipes included in purchase price? I mean, have you seen Hershey's shakes?

I'm honestly quite shocked that that looks appealing to anyone. I mean I'm sure it tastes great but they get an F for presentation. Are wet wipes included in purchase price? I mean, have you seen Hershey's shakes?

I understand. Hershey's shakes looked very appealing, but then also beer.

My general feeling is that this park tends to be dead. If I were to stop in a week from Sunday, will anything have a long wait? I was thinking the two I need to hit early are Batwing (slow loading) and Ragin Cajun.

Lol I was there this past Sunday and I don't think I waited longer than 5 minutes for anything. And that's even pushing it.

When's the cheapest time to buy a season pass that includes parking for 1 person?

I seem to recall last year, they said the August/September time frame that that would be the cheapest time to buy a season pass?

While we wait for something interesting to happen regarding SFA, here's a question we could debate for a few posts:

What's the best seat/best way to ride each of the rides at SFA (and "don't" is not an acceptable answer )

I'm asking this 50% because I want to know, and 50% because I want some more activity on this thread

While we wait for something interesting to happen regarding SFA, here's a question we could debate for a few posts:

What's the best seat/best way to ride each of the rides at SFA (and "don't" is not an acceptable answer )

I'm asking this 50% because I want to know, and 50% because I want some more activity on this thread

Well . . . . for Superman: Ride of Steel . . . . you get a more forceful ride in the back row, while you get a better view in the front row.

Batwing . . . . well, keep your eyes closed on the lift hill unless you want to stare into the sun.

Wild One & Roar . . . . front or back row. And from what has been said here . . . on coasters with PTC trains, avoid a wheel seat.

Mind Eraser . . . keep your head back.

Aocalypse . . . . keep your head back . . and wear a jockstrap

Does anyone else think that the Gotham Arena is going to be torn down in the years to come. It's been years since they've hosted anything of substance there. There's also another venue in the front of the park which could easily host any cheer events or anything along the lines of that.

Does anyone else think that the Gotham Arena is going to be torn down in the years to come. It's been years since they've hosted anything of substance there. There's also another venue in the front of the park which could easily host any cheer events or anything along the lines of that.

Who knows . . . maybe they'll do the awakening there again for Fright Fest this year. I know in years past they had a BMX show (and back in the 90's, they had a Batman stunt show).

If it does get torn down, what goes in it's place?

Any thoughts?? No one repsonded yet

When's the cheapest time to buy a season pass that includes parking for 1 person?

I seem to recall last year, they said the August/September time frame that that would be the cheapest time to buy a season pass?

Any thoughts?? No one repsonded yet

The gold membership is only $6 a month and includes free parking and admission for all six flags. You're required to keep it for at least 12 months, so that winds up being $72 a year (not counting taxes and processing fees, which raise the cost a bit). I forget whether fright fest has better sales prices or not. Even if it does, I doubt it would be that large of a difference, but perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I could give you more info.