TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

p. 337 - New Six Flags Hallowfest information!

You'll be fine without a Flash Pass especially on a Sunday and Monday, lines rarely ever get long in this park. However the park is notorious for running one train operations on weekdays so just a little heads up on that.

Hi everyone...

I know these posts come up a lot, but I will be visiting SFA for the first time in late June on a Sunday and Monday. I was wondering if a Flash Pass is truly necessary? I know it's always the safe route to get one, but we will be spending about 1.5 days in the park and are trying to save money wherever and whenever possible. Do the lines, particularly for Superman, Joker's Jinx, Wild One, Batwing, and Apocalypse, get intolerably long during this time?

Thanks for the help.

If you move quickly and get there early, you won't need a Flash Pass. It's a pretty small park, and there aren't that many major rides, but the ones there are good. Don't skip Roar! They re-tracked it, and now it feels like a new-for-2016 ride, and it has some good airtime and turns despite its small size. And Wild One is a freaking MASTERPIECE! In fact, I didn't even realize it was made by Dinn. It's pretty smooth and and has some epic airtime and laterals, so I assumed it was a PTC. I really like how Six Flags America is doing the opposite of what the other Six Flags parks are doing by avoiding RMC, and actually putting great care into their woodies.

Thanks for the advice. Both Roar and Wild One looks like two solid wooden coasters, so it's nice to hear that they are running well. One of the reasons I asked about Flash Pass is because I imagine Superman's throughput will be atrocious with VR on its way.

Yeah, the line may be unreasonable with the VR, which comes June 11. June 9th if you buy some t-shirt. Still on Monday, VR r not, you'll be good to go. Early Sunday will be good to, since many will be in the water park.

I really like how Six Flags America is doing the opposite of what the other Six Flags parks are doing by avoiding RMC, and actually putting great care into their woodies.

The lines are shorter for sure! And yes they're good. I do recommend some caution on Wild One's return leg, it will surprise you. Hands up are fine on the way out.

I wouldn't say RoaR feels like a new ride, they redid the tracks for the 1st, 2nd and 5th washboard valleys, leaving # 3 and 4 which are elevated so not so bad, although certainly noticable. After that it slows a bit and doesn't washboard. The first 2 were pretty grueling before.

As part of the VR, 2 seats per train have been removed in favor of metal boxes (surely in this age of miniaturization this seems oversize, but there isn't much spare space anyway I guess).

If by some miracle it's cool or rainy, Mind Eraser can be pleasant with a thick hat or hoodie over your ears. Don't miss Renegade Rapids (although found out a solo ride tends to put you going backwards most of the time).

1.5 days in the park will leave you with plenty of time to do everything. It's a small park with relatively slow operations on all rides except Joker's Jinx, which I freaking love. Wild One is a masterpiece as already said above and Superman is my personal favorite in the park. Batwing will try to kill you so don't say I didn't warn you... Have fun and report back!

Let me tell y'all. I had my reservations about the VR, but those reservations are officially down the toilet. It was pretty damn awesome. Let me chuck some arguments against them right now. I've heard some say that: 'one of the best things about coasters is seeing the scenery and the track',...blah blah blah...lol Though I agree with that, here's the thing. Don't wear them then! Man, by all means don't ride any of the dark ride coasters, or any at night time. You'll really be pissed.

The only real legitimate gripe is going to be the line. They doubled the staff up there, so it wasn't as slow as I thought, but Saturday is going to be a great test. The fitting portion didn't take that long, but will be a hindrance.

For someone who has never ridden, or doesn't have great knowledge of the track, they are in for a treat.

The only complaint I have is that the sound is not loud enough. I'm going back tomorrow for sure. Got 5 rides in today. May go for the same tomorrow.

I don't think anyone was worried about missing out on the scenery at Six Flags America.

I'll say this though, we rode Goliath at La Ronde with and without the VR and we thought the gimmick was sort of cool but we much preferred riding without it. So to each his own... at least at SFA dispatch times are already horrible and crowds are light so it won't mess things up quite as bad there as it will in parks that get more crowded like Six Flags New England.

I rode Superman VR Coaster on Tuesday. Fitting was fast and they had one person checking seatbelts and lapbars and another checking to make sure your VR headset was properly synced. It is kind of cool how the VR is synced with the ride and knows where you are. Having ridden Superman without VR quite a bit, I am very familiar with the lay out. The VR interpretation of the layout is very well done and makes for a great ride.

I agree about the sound not being loud enough. Also, I was little disappointed in the graphics as they weren't as sharp and crystal clear as I would have expected. The graphics reminded me of older video games. For some reason the graphics that appear on the POV that are online are sharper and smoother than what I experienced through the VR headset. One of the park officials talked about changing the VR experience for Haunt or Holiday in the park, and that would be really cool. But usually that is just talk that never materializes due to the $ involved.

I will say VR will be great for someone who is apprehensive about riding a 200ft coaster, because with the VR you don't realize how high up are. While I liked the VR experience overall, after 10 rides + with VR it got kinda of old. So when I go back to SFA not sure if I will opt for VR or not.

Lots of POV videos out there if you search Superman Virtual Reality Coaster @ Six Flags America.

Hey everyone, long time lurker, first time poster here. At SFA today, got here around 1:30 and the place is PACKED! I've never seen it so crowded. We had to park in the overflow lot for the overflow lot. The one behind mind eraser. The lot is littered with weeds and debris, I don't think they use this lot often...

Will post another update later.

Hey everyone, long time lurker, first time poster here. At SFA today, got here around 1:30 and the place is PACKED! I've never seen it so crowded. We had to park in the overflow lot for the overflow lot. The one behind mind eraser. The lot is littered with weeds and debris, I don't think they use this lot often...

Will post another update later.

Even being a longtime passholder it's been years since I've seen it that full with the exception of Fright Fest.

So far, VR on superman is getting mixed reviews, mostly negative due to long wait times and it not functioning correctly. Looking at comments on Twitter and sfa's Instagram page are showing that the gp are fed and want a new roller coaster and better customer service. This video is not helping much either https://twitter.com/_godofshade/status/741656794209132544

It's called growing pains of a new technology. From working in the tech sector, I can tell you that it happens. Every park that has VR are having the same issues, especially with the lines. It'll more than likely work itself out over time. Glad mine worked perfectly.

Where are the comments on Twitter and Instagram? I do not see them anywhere.