TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

p. 337 - New Six Flags Hallowfest information!

I know that the park is advertising Fright Fest all over the park. They are still advertising the haunted house so I wonder if we are getting a new one or, they just said that to pull you in.

Any crazy person expecting to go to the park today, I'm sorry but Tropical Storm Hana is riping through the area right now and SFA has made a smart decision by closing the park.

I know that the park is advertising Fright Fest all over the park. They are still advertising the haunted house so I wonder if we are getting a new one or, they just said that to pull you in.

Any crazy person expecting to go to the park today, I'm sorry but Tropical Storm Hana is riping through the area right now and SFA has made a smart decision by closing the park.

Yeah totally forgot about the storm coming through the area.

Good to hear they're still advertising a haunted house attraction... Hopefully they'll put something together. With some luck I might be able to make it out there one more time this season. I doubt it, though, unfortunately...

*Article from SFAfans.com*

SFA Fright Fest attractions now announced!

Spooktacular Family Fun at Six Flags America's 2008 Fright Fest

Presented by SNICKERS¬ģ!

OCTOBER 4-5, 11-12, 18-19, 25-26, 31, NOVEMBER 1-2

Don't be a scaredy-cat and miss this year's undeniably frightful (yet delightful!) Fright Fest Presented by SNICKERS¬ģ event at Six Flags America. Fright Fest, the area's largest Halloween-themed celebration, invites "boils and ghouls" of all ages to experience "Thrills by Day, Chills by Night"-- an incredible theme park full of thrilling rides and attractions that transforms into chilling, scary fun at dusk! Six Flags America has something for every member of the family.

Fright Fest begins on October 4 and runs for five feverishly fun weekends through November 2, and is also open Halloween NIGHT, giving Guests plenty to "scream" about including a haunting NEW scare zone: Bridge of Terror, a mystifying NEW magic show: Spellbound, as well as last-chance (of the season), hair-raising rides on park favorites like Batwing, Superman - Ride of Steel and The Wild One roller coasters in the dark! Be there or BEWARE!!

SIX FLAGS AMERICA 2008 FRIGHT FEST ATTRACTIONS

DISCO INFERNO

These singing and dancing demons give new meaning to "painting the town red"!!!! The underworld is ALWAYS happening when these little devils get together. Enjoy the energy these red-hot performers give off! Disco Inferno takes place in the WB Theater nightly.

TOXIC ZOMBIE ROCK

Beware! Zombies are on the loose, preparing for the full moon and anticipating the night of all nights: HALLOWEEN. These toxic creatures are looking to infect everyone with...dance fever!!! Come see the park's most deranged dance party taking place on the Celebration Stage nightly.

TRICK OR TREAT TRAIL

Parents will love watching their children (under 54") trick or treat in a safe and exciting environment in Looney Tunes Movie Town - renamed for Halloween as Looney Tunes Spooky Town. Costumes (on the little ghouls only) welcome. The Trick or Treat Trail operates from 6 - 9 p.m.

MONSTER MASH BASH

Get ready to rock with Frankenstein & Friends as they perform in this monstrously fun kids show! This rocking performance features creepy characters that make Halloween FUN instead of frightening as they sing and dance to 'spooky' renditions of popular songs. Monster Mash Bash takes place on the Spooky Town Stage nightly.

NOT-SO-SCARY KIDDIE HAYRIDE

Mom & Dad are not nearly cool enough for this ride specifically designed with pint-sized Halloweeners in mind! Kids can take a load off as they ride through a scaled-down hayride themed exclusively (this is the 'NOT-SO-SCARY' part) for small ghouls and goblins. The Not-So -Scary Kiddie Hayride is conveniently located near the Trick or Treat Trail.

FRIGHTMARES

They're creepy and they're kooky but they're everyone's favorite monsters and ... they're back again putting their cold-hearted, humorous twist on some of the trendiest pop songs! Frightmares takes place in the Grand Theater nightly.

SCARY SHOW the 13th

What do you get when you mix horror movies with comedy and laughs? See our comedic troupe poke fun at some of the most notorious horror films to hit the big screen. Scary Show the 13th takes place in the Wild West Theater nightly.

WHEEL OF FRIGHT

Save a cockroach - eat another creepy crawler!!! Six Flags America puts the "bite" in Fright Fest with the Wheel of Fright! This attraction allows Guests to eat their way to the front of the line! Courageous volunteers who opt to take a spin of the wheel will have to chow down on whatever creepy crawler - crickets for example - in which their spin lands! If they complete the task, they will win front of the line passes. The Wheel of Fright will be held in front of the Grand Theater nightly.

BRIDGE OF TERROR- NEW!!

Beware! The park's bridges and walkways aren't safe from things that go bump in the night. On one certain fog-filled bridge, a face-to-face monster encounter is inevitable... Be forewarned: these angry souls are searching for eternal rest ...get across the bridge before they get YOU! The Bridge of Terror is located near Hurricane Harbor.

SPELLBOUND Magic Show - NEW!!

Join the master, Vladimir, and his gothic assistants, Vixen, and Ravyn, as they amaze and mystify with grand illusions of deception - AND rocking vocal performances sure to mesmerize audiences! Be there as the clock strikes and darkness falls... let the captivating and mysterious excitement of Spellbound begin! Spellbound is held in the Crazy Horse Saloon nightly!

GHOST WALKERS

After 6 p.m., Six Flags America turns from theme park thrills to Halloween chills as the property transforms to a truly haunting playground for ghosts, ghouls, phantoms, spirits and monsters of all types. Guests must be aware as they travel the hallow paths from attraction to attraction... one will never know who or what may be lurking in the midst!

Fright Fest operating hours are Saturdays and Sundays, October 4 and 5; 11 and 12; 18 and 19; 25 and 26; November 1 and 2 from 1 to 10 p.m. - PLUS bonus night: Halloween, Friday, October 31 from 5 to 10 p.m. All Fright Fest attractions are FREE with park admission. In addition, Six Flags America 2009 Play Passes will also be on sale at the park beginning the first night of Fright Fest, October 4, 2008 for $49.99 plus tax. A real deal, when Guests buy a 2008 Play Pass they get the balance of 2008 PLUS all of 2009 FREE! Visit sixflags.com for more information or to purchase tickets or Play Passes.

Six Flags America is located 40 minutes south of Baltimore, 15 minutes east of Washington, D.C. and 20 minutes west of historic Annapolis. From Baltimore, take I-695 to I-97 south, exit 7(Rte. 3/301 south) to Rte. 214 west/Central Ave. From D.C. take I-495/95 to exit 15A(Rte. 214 east/Central Ave.).

Bridge of Terror is hopefully just a temporary solution to replace Frightorium since it burned down last month. It sounds dumb, but you really say much until Fright Fest. SFA always has a bunch of shows for Fright Fest and this year is no different. I really wish they brought back Midnight Express because everyone goes to Fright Fest so the lines for the coasters are going to be extremely long this year.

The last time I went to Frightfest was the only time I ever saw SROS's line extending past the little walkway between the station and the switchbacks. I believe the line was taking up about 4-5 of the switchbacks.

No way I was waiting that long for a ride I normally only have to wait 1 train for.

There is a trick-or-treat trail for the kids, a hayride for the kids and a scare zone called Bridge of Terror which is the parks temporary scary attraction. The rest are shows. SFA goes overboard on shows if you havent noticed lol.

With all those shows it tells me one thing. At least they are trying to improve the experiance for the guest. That is always a good thing.

^Disney has done quite well with a "family-friendly" Halloween event--Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at MK--by passing out candy, holding a parade and fireworks, and keeping lines short due to a limit on ticket sales.

Speaking of candy, would it kill the parks to give out candy to everyone and not just kids? I know Disney does but for other parks since candy companies sponsor the events, the park has to be getting it for free or close to free. The worst is when they have it by height like at the Six Flags parks. I remember reading a few years ago how some tall 7 year old kid wasn't allowed to get candy because she was over 54" while all her friends were allowed to and there was all this negative press about it.

Ugh... Typical, Tons of shows and not enough haunted attractions.

And they say people roam the midway/walkways scaring you, yeah I saw maybe a total of like 3 people last year. I was not impressed.

What happened to the like $5 dollar up charge attraction a couple years ago near Two Face? What was that called? I think it was necropolis? I dunno, I never got to go into it, and why did it never return?

Ugh... Typical, Tons of shows and not enough haunted attractions.

And they say people roam the midway/walkways scaring you, yeah I saw maybe a total of like 3 people last year. I was not impressed.

What happened to the like $5 dollar up charge attraction a couple years ago near Two Face? What was that called? I think it was necropolis? I dunno, I never got to go into it, and why did it never return?

That was brutal planet & they got rid of that quite a while ago.

Anyone notice all the threads popping up about 2009 SF attractions & how,as usual SFA seems to be getting the crap end of the stick?

Speaking of candy, would it kill the parks to give out candy to everyone and not just kids? I know Disney does but for other parks since candy companies sponsor the events, the park has to be getting it for free or close to free. The worst is when they have it by height like at the Six Flags parks. I remember reading a few years ago how some tall 7 year old kid wasn't allowed to get candy because she was over 54" while all her friends were allowed to and there was all this negative press about it.

I remember this !!! Dont you just love stereotypes

In today's world it is getting harder and harder to tell exactly how old one is. I myself have seen kids as young as 6 and 7 who could pass off as being 10 or 11.

Heck just the other day I was reading in one of the Denver papers and they showed a pic of a 16 year old kid who was the quarterback at one of the local high schools there. This kid not only had a full beard but sported several large real tattoos up and down his arms. So much for beards and tattoos being for "adults only".

Well, I have some coupons that get me in for $25 so I'll be making the hike up I-95 on Sunday. I've only been once before so I'm interested to see how the park is doing. This park really does need some TLC from what I remember though.

Does anyone know if they serve beer at this park?