TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

p. 337 - New Six Flags Hallowfest information!

^I suggest a 400ft because with only 2 in the US it would be unique. I wouldn't go with 140 ft because it should be competitive against KD's 300 ft. While we know these are different rides. General Public sees them as tall swing rides. KD's has been around for a few years now so if SFA were to introduce one, it would be wise of them to go taller! While I don't see a giga coaster ever coming to SFA despite all the land. I think a 400ft sky screamer is a much cheaper alternative to install a record breaking attraction vs a coaster.

I wonder how much the 400 ft star flyers cost compared to an average cookie cutter coaster. I would think it would cost less than it costs to relocate Iron Wolf or about the same.

I like the ride of putting both in the same building but I think a new coaster would look better out in the land Superman's outfield that would allow them to expand out there. Putting another coaster between Batwing and Superman would be too crowded in my opinon. Gotham doesn't really have any tame rides except for Penguin and Riddle Me this. This would great a much better offering in Gotham (Hopefully DC comics universe soon). Plus with the new Batman vs Superman it would tie in well. I also think it would help ground Superman's ride better since Superman is based in metropolis and so is the Justice League ride.

A 400ft justice league themed sky screamer or a justice league dark ride built between superman and batwing would be good with a gotham city revamp.

Or the removal of minderaser for a western themed roller coaster like mystery mine at dollywood

Or for 2016, superman could be re-modeled by possibly making it taller with a steeper drop, removal of the helixes and replaced by overbanked turns, an extra hill, and new trains. Maybe a tunnel at the bottom on the drop with mist?

A 400ft justice league themed sky screamer or a justice league dark ride built between superman and batwing would be good with a gotham city revamp.

Or the removal of minderaser for a western themed roller coaster like mystery mine at dollywood

Or for a Maverick clone

In all seriousness, if revamping Gotham City is the way they end up going (which we don't actually know, but it would be logical as it's a really crappy *themed* section), I could see a SkyScreamer in 2016 (height limit removed), a few flats, and either an inexpensive coaster or a relocation(of a decent ride- something like Gadv's Bizarro). I don't see the park investing any more than about $5 million in any one year until the profits can justify it.

As for the dark ride, obviously it would be great for any Six Flags park, but I don't see SFA as a priority for a new ride concept in the chain right now. Notice all the latest Six Flags trends (Skyscreamers, RMC coasters, 4-D coasters, etc) have mysteriously *bypassed* this park? Especially with a more costly ride like Justice League, I don't see SFA as one of the earlier parks to invest in this.

I also don't see SFA getting a giga, at least not anytime soon, even though that would be really cool. I like the idea of building a SkyScreamer that would be taller than KD's to bring more GP to SFA, though. I don't really see them replacing Mind Eraser or any other coaster anytime soon, either. However, I think that if they do remove Mind Eraser, a Eurofighter could be a great replacement, if it would fit.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to go to Fright Fest this year because of college, but I can't wait to check this new attraction out! It reminds me of those Ring Of Fire things at the carnival. I wonder what improvements will be made to the existing rides during the off-season, too. It feels kind of crazy that we're going into the 2015 season already...

Well, a seven-story fireball ride would be a nice fit into the park and bring more stuff to their Mardi Gras section, but I can see other areas that they could put in some more rides.

One - The empty area next to Roar and across from Shipwreck Fall - they can put in a Rocking Tub ride.

Two - The area next to the body slides where the old Ferris Wheel attraction used to be until it got moved to Whistle Stop - I can see them put in a ride like Holiday World's Liberty Launch ( they got the line, so why not put in a ride).

Three - In that wooded area behind Coyote Creek and Mind Eraser - I can see either a log flume or a mine train ride.

"What I want to see is you coming back to bed. I miss you.

A path can fit between Mind Eraser and the river rapids ride and then make it wind back to where Batwing is. Management told me they just did not feel its a needed thing yet.

I know I am late but I love Penguins Blizzard River. But then again I have always went with kids (I used to work at a Boys and Girls Club) and we would fill that thing up and they had such a blast. Goes to show sometimes its not the ride but the experience.

There's a lot of protected wetland around Mind Eraser/Renegade Rapids. From what I've heard, the park has taken some heat from the county from oil/grease run-off from Mind Eraser and chlorinated water run-off from Renegade Rapids. With the protected wetlands in that area, any construction between/around Mind Eraser/Renegade Rapids is really hampered/prohibited. A path between Apocalypse and Roar would be much more likely.

^I was thinking something like that, well except for Apocalypse being burnt down since it's "new". However it would be awesome to see Roar get an Iron Horse treatment as they could use the advantage to make a path connecting to Gotham. If it ever happens that is....

As much as I'd like to see a new custom coaster at Six Flags America, I still don't think they need another coaster anytime soon. I'd be perfectly happy if the next five years brought a Justice League: Battle for Metropolis clone, a Sky Screamer, a ProSlide Hydromagnetic slide, a spiffy new set/show for the Wild West stunt show arena, and maybe another new flat or two...

• 1 month later...
Recently asked a question in the ask Alvey thread. Has anyone here recently worked at SFA? Considering a summer job at the park, and I'd like to know how your experience was. I know it's not the best park to work at, but it's the closest one. Thoughts?

Make sure to do ride crew or games. Just dont do food service and you should be happy enough

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...