TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

p. 337 - New Six Flags Hallowfest information!

Stopped by today, and I really don't think it'll be ready for a bit, unless it magically gets a station. I'll post pics after I get home from C4K.

Also saw another TPR member today too! I hope they had fun!

By "Worth it", I just meant whether it was good. I would ride it anyways. What is the airtime like? Better or worse than MF's floater hills?

First airtime hill is sluggish in the morning and average when it's warmed up. Second airtime hill is taken much faster, and when it's warmed up can approach mild ejector airtime. Bunny hills are fun, good floater air. I actually got about four rides today, it was pretty warm out, and one time I actually greyed out a bit in the first helix.

Overall, it's a good ride. Probably the best ride in the park, but not really anything to write home about. Front row is definitely a wait a wait of a few more cycles. Back rows are fun as well with slightly stronger airtime. Today I noticed a slight rattle in the blue train, so watch out for that.

Ah, the helixes on that ride are weird. I've been to Washington, D.C. about 4 or so times. Maybe sometime I'll get to SFA.

If KI can have the frickin worlds longest floorless coaster up by opening day then why the heck can't this park have it up that fast! C'mon!

On a side note though, is this necessarily the parks fault? Would it be the workers faults instead? Don't they work for another company, not the park? Obviously though the park has something to do with it though, but maybe they shouldn't take all the blame.

I am going to park and not getting there until 4 tomorrow evening.(Friday night) Will I need flash pass to get all the coaster credits? I am solo and move quickly.

You should be fine without one. Don't get in line for Batwing first- it will have the slowest moving line if it is running. Get all the other ones done first, which can be done in under 2 hours, then head to Batwing.

SFA just sent an email, and in it it mentioned that passholders will be able to have ERT on Ragin Cajun from 10 to 11 am on June 20th and 21st. So that means they're gonna start testing or running it very soon! (or at least we hope so)

SFA just sent an email, and in it it mentioned that passholders will be able to have ERT on Ragin Cajun from 10 to 11 am on June 20th and 21st. So that means they're gonna start testing or running it very soon! (or at least we hope so)

The ride has been testing since early/mid may!

The ride has been testing since early/mid may!

Oh ok, thats good to know! I haven't been to the park yet this year, and no ones posted any photos or anything about it, so I had no idea! But at least they're testing...

Curious as to why you'd be testing a relocated clone for a full month at this point...

I'd guess after The Mt. O incident, They wanted to make sure it wouldn't happen again. Yes I know Six Flags operations/maintenance is 4,000,000x better than Mt. Olympus but the General Public doesn't know that (They call the Police/News when A Coaster is stuck on a lift hill.)

I went today for a couple of hours. They have really squared away that Mardi Gras section; looks great and the music is good. As far as Rajin Cajin, the landscaping around it is superb. Sadly, it doesn't seem that they are putting up a station like the one at its previous location. Can't really be sure what it's going to look like, because they were still working. I'm pretty happy about that bar that they are putting there though .

At Luna park, coney island, they have a coaster there called the tickler that is an exact replica to ragin Cajun. The only sort of station that they have is a cover for the ride operator. It was pretty much just a ramp walk up. This ride doesn't necessarily need a station but it'd look a lot better with one!

At Luna park, coney island, they have a coaster there called the tickler that is an exact replica to ragin Cajun. The only sort of station that they have is a cover for the ride operator. It was pretty much just a ramp walk up. This ride doesn't necessarily need a station but it'd look a lot better with one!

Agreed, though it would just be nice to see one built - or at least a facade like it had at Great America - seeing as it's (allegedly) in an actual themed area rather than at Coney Island!