TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

With SFoG announcing their new coaster I figured I would see what I could get out of SFA through their facebook page about what, if anything, might be happening next season.

Me - "With Six Flags Over Georgia announcing their new for 2011 roller coaster today - any chance we'll hear some good news about next season from you as well?"

SFA - "Well I'm not going to deliver any bad news about next season... Today? yeah - not so much..."

So, with no BAD news coming, at least that should mean they won't be announcing the park is closing or something.

With SFoG announcing their new coaster I figured I would see what I could get out of SFA through their facebook page about what, if anything, might be happening next season.

Me - "With Six Flags Over Georgia announcing their new for 2011 roller coaster today - any chance we'll hear some good news about next season from you as well?"

SFA - "Well I'm not going to deliver any bad news about next season... Today? yeah - not so much..."

So, with no BAD news coming, at least that should mean they won't be announcing the park is closing or something.

Check it again,I was the next person to reply to your post there as I was just on FB a few minutes ago.

I'm sure it's not a coaster as so far SFOG & SFNE announced their new coasters for next season on FB today & if SFA were in the running they probably would've done so by now as well.My best guess is they're getting the shaft as usual.

Can't believe that six flags new england would build the dark night like three years after the first two failed miserably. you would think they would've learned from their mistakes. jeez the only truley good addition so far is the euro fighter in georgia. Even Chang at Great Adventure could've been much better

Check it again,I was the next person to reply to your post there as I was just on FB a few minutes ago.

I'm sure it's not a coaster as so far SFOG & SFNE announced their new coasters for next season on FB today & if SFA were in the running they probably would've done so by now as well.My best guess is they're getting the shaft as usual.

SFA's response - "Some people are SO pessimistic! Lol."

Either way I'm not getting my hopes up, but I hope something is coming.

Can't believe that six flags new england would build the dark night like three years after the first two failed miserably. you would think they would've learned from their mistakes. jeez the only truley good addition so far is the euro fighter in georgia. Even Chang at Great Adventure could've been much better

The first 2 failed miserably? According to who?

Dark Knight never really "failed". It's just not as well-received as it could've been because of the hype.

So far...

SFOG

SFGAm

SFGAdv

SFOT

SFMM

are all slated for something in 2011. I honestly did not expect SFOG, SFGAm, or SFMM to get anything next year, but it seems that SF's been throwing curveballs left and right. Right now it's only a matter of time before the rest of the parks announce their anniversary addition and SF has said that they would extend anniversary additions to 2012.

** Heck... A lot of parks have been throwing curveballs lately. I didn't expect half the parks that are getting new additions next year to get additions. **

Twitter conversation...

coasterquazi:

@sixflags How come Six flags america doesnt get anything new next year? Its been 9 years since weve seen a new coaster.

SixFlags:

@coasterquazi Sorry man. Still going to be a great season but I haven't heard of anything new coming there for 2011.

On their FB I got the same response....SFA get's the shaft again.Well screw them I'm going to KD as they get new rides on a fair basis.

I would like to see PG county sue SFA & SFI for not living up to their promise 11 years ago to improve the park & perhaps see the county take over management/operations as well & turn it into a city run park much like how Glen Echo used to be.

Ugh, keep DC area politics, let alone MD politics out of the park. That would somehow manage to make things a million times worse.

Whatever, I'll get a Six Flags pass to go to SFGAdv, SFOG, and maybe another park or two next year, but I'm not sure I'll waste my time going to SFA more than once simply for nostalgic reasons to see the park again and think about the good times I had their before they eventually probably close the place when real estate picks back up again.

What a massive waste.

• 4 weeks later...

Fright Fest starts next weekend! Here's the list of attractions:

Thrills By Day Entertainment

-Trick-or-Treat Trail

Kids (under 54") can receive sweet treats in a safe and exciting environment. Located in Looney Tunes Spooky Town from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.

-Monster Mash Bash

Rock with Frankie and friends as they sing and dance to "spooky" renditions of today's hottest songs in this monstrously fun kids' show. Located in the WB Theater in Olde Boston.

-Not-So-Scary Kiddie Hayride

Mom and Dad are not nearly cool enough for this ride specifically designed with pint-sized Halloweeners in mind! Kids can take a load off as they ride through a scaled-down hayride themed exclusively for small ghouls and goblins. Located in Looney Tunes Spooky Town from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m

-Kid's Costume Contest

Fun and exciting costume contest where kids will be judged on best and most unique costume. Each night, kids will win four tickets to return on October 31 and compete in the grand finale for the chance to win four 2011 Season Passes! Contest is for kids ages 12 and under. Click here for a registration form. Located in the Crazy Horse Saloon.

-Mr. Six Spooktacular Street Party

Get your ghoulish groove on with our creepy crew as they dance to party songs and Halloween tunes. Located in front of the Grand Theater

-Magic of the Night

This grand illusion magic show will amaze and mystify audiences. Featuring the magic of Joe Romano. Located in the Grand Theater.

-The Treasure of Pirate Cove

Come join Captain Narco and his crew as they search for the treasure of Pirate Cove. Located in the Stunt Arena.

Fright By Night Entertainment

-Frightmares

This thrilling and chillinf musical revue of fun and frolic features your favorite Halloween characters in an exciting romp through Halloween hits and familiar pop tunes. Located in Crazy Horse Saloon.

-Blood Moon Rising

In a small abandoned town called Bloodstone Ridge, an evil is waiting to be unleashed. Will the mystery of its terrifying origin and purpose be revealed before it's too late, or will there be horror and death as the Blood Moon rises? Located in the Stunt Arena.

-Bridge of Terror

On this fog-filled bridge, a face-to-face monster encounter is inevitable...Be forewarned: these angry souls are searching for eternal rest...get across the bridge before they get YOU! Located by the entrance to Hurricane Harbor.

-Circus of Lost Souls

Guests are invited to board this circus train...but beware, your ride will take a turn for the worse. If you survive this terror on rails, will you make it back alive as you are forced off the train and walk through the haunted woods? Located at Capital Railways.

-Thriller Closing Countdown

Join us as we celebrate closing time in a unique way! Dance, play and say goodbye to all your Six Flags friends.

Full information can be found at: http://www.sixflags.com/america/events/FrightFest2010.aspx

Honestly, two mazes, a train ride, and a show or two? I know it's only Six Flags America but even they can do better than this. Most of this event seems geared towards kids, which I find somewhat dissapointing .

^It's more than before. I'm not sure that there was a maze last year, with the loss of Brutal Planet and the burning down of the haunted house next to Roar. And they must've upgraded the train ride - last time I rode it during Fright Fest, it only stopped back in the woods and then kept moving.

At least they're heading in the right direction...it's just taking a while to get there.

I wouldn't feel safe at SFA at night. I didn't feel safe there during the day, let alone at night. Plus I'd rather spend time at KD's Haunt since I know that's good.

I agree,KD's haunt is many times better....plus their ride lineup outdoes SFA's any day.

Do you come here just to express your hate for SFA? Both of the parks have very good coasters, you don't have to constantly remind us of your extreme inner hatred for SFA. I think we got it the first few hundred times you said it.