TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I also remember in 1998, the last year of Adventure World, at HallowScream, there was a magic show in which the house was mentioned. The magician told a (probably) fake story about the family that used to live there. He said one day their son went missing and several days later was found dead in the woods nearby. I'm not sure if that portion of the story is true or false. The trick itself had the magician using toys on the stage, which were claimed to be the boys. Then it was made to be like the boy's ghost came to play with them. I know the trick was obviously fake, but I wonder if there is any thing close to the truth regarding the former family of the mansion. It sure does look like the type of house that would be haunted (if you believe in that kind of stuff).

I had always heard it was the dead daughter who was buried by the house, that haunted the place. Apparently on the day she died the park experiences a lot of breakdowns and other issues - but I think that's just a normal day for SFA personally.

I've always heard that the daughter was buried where either (I can't remember) the Batman Theatre or Wild One's helix now sits, and the park moved her grave closer to the house when they were building. Ever since then, she's haunted the park, I think mostly the stands in Gotham City (which are near the Theatre, so I'm thinking that's where her grave was).

Makes sense, I wonder what kind of shape the house is in now. The trees around it have grown so much it isn't even visible anymore. Back around 2000 you could see it very clearly from Wild One. I'm surprised it hasn't collapsed yet, honestly.

Well sorry that my shuttle bus ideas is a flop. It was just a random idea that I had.

Still no new news on what Alexander Weber has planned for the parks.

Go figure.

Weber has been on the job less than a week.

Give the man some time to get settled.

Good managers dont go into a new company and make sweeping changes in a week. His stamp on SF Inc will happen over many many months.

Does that mean he is going to start making changes within recent months, rather than taking his time and expanding it to years. Or does that mean he is not going to be CEO long?

If he is just an Interim CEO and doesn't expect to be the permanent person in the CEO position, then we probably won't see many changes. He probably won't do anything major until there is more stability in his job.

I think the board will end up keeping him because it's someone with experience, that can turn the company in the right direction. If not him, who else do you suppose they get?

In other SFA news, my employee friend told me that the park replaced some people on their management staff.

^which positions?

I know some managers there but not close enough to feel comfortable to ask if they are still employed. LOL

I still recognize a few of the higher ups who work in rides - they've been there for at least four years now.

Hey, what do you guys think crowds will be in two Saturdays, June 5th? I'm coming down for a day, I mostly am just interested in coasters and it doesn't seem like the lines are ever unbearable at SFA, but is there any reason I should try to reschedule?

Hey, what do you guys think crowds will be in two Saturdays, June 5th? I'm coming down for a day, I mostly am just interested in coasters and it doesn't seem like the lines are ever unbearable at SFA, but is there any reason I should try to reschedule?

That's Thomas Town opening day, but that probably won't affect the coasters too much.

I'll be down there that weekend, too. Although I'm going to wait until Monday I think to try to beat the crowds. I'm visiting a friend that weekend, and she'll be at work, so I'll be putting at SFOG Season Pass to work. haha

I wanted to let everyone know that Thomas Town at Six Flags America opened today. Overall, the area looks great with wonderful themeing and landscaping. I was very pleased with the addition and think it is a nice addition for Six Flags America. I thought I'd share some pics with you all here, and if you want the full review and the full collection of photos, feel free to visit us over at SFAfans (http://www.sfafans.com/showthread.php?p=28887#post28887). Thanks for viewing!

IMG_2500.JPG.201a54a5c5b8e37f15fed86ffd958217.JPG

IMG_2474.JPG.99a8f54ce5ae9e7de1c7d425e7697118.JPG

IMG_2549.thumb.JPG.6692dc353af38a20b2f906e020a6db8b.JPG

IMG_2560.JPG.2ad4f702d08b9da406cb2ca82e0f1a76.JPG

IMG_2538.thumb.JPG.00f19e3416baa520e8eb98bb8277102f.JPG

I have to say the area looks very good. It makes Gotham City look more populated and not just a dead end spot. On problem is, I think it's out of theme because you wouldn't expect to see Thomas & Friends within Gotham City, but what more can you do? It's Six Flags.

Now all were waiting for now is our 2011 addition. SFA is rumored to get Tony Hawk, but I think that will change.

I was at SFA on Saturday, and with the exception of Batwing, which had a one train operation, my friends and I never encountered more than a five-minute wait for anything. I was actually very surprised, considering it was the opening for Thomas Town that day, but the park really didn't seem that crowded. Many of the coasters were constantly running half-empty on every train.

To sum up my visit,

Pros:

-The water park looked like it had been freshly painted

-The lifeguards were all friendly, much more so than they had been in the past

-The ride ops were trying to be much faster and efficient for load times

-Most of the rides had minimal waits

-There were ads for various products, but luckily they were just random signs, as opposed to the awful train wraps in other parks.

Cons:

-Very few of the water fountains were working. In fact, the only ones I saw working were in the water park. I thought this was kind of ridiculous, as it's not even officially summer, and it was crazy hot. Doesn't the park realize that people need to stay hydrated so they don't get sick?

-Batwing running only one train, and then for a majority of the cycles, it wasn't being filled to capacity.

-I had my worst ride ever on Roar. Normally i love this ride, no matter where I sit, but this time, everyone in my group of five people said that it was the most painful coaster we'd ever been on. We all thought Mind Eraser was smoother, and that's saying something. Roar was so bad that I now have a large bruise on my back from being jostled around so much

Overall the day was pretty good, and the park looked and felt much cleaner than it had in years. My friends and I all enjoyed ourselves.

-Batwing running only one train, and then for a majority of the cycles, it wasn't being filled to capacity.

-I had my worst ride ever on Roar. Normally i love this ride, no matter where I sit, but this time, everyone in my group of five people said that it was the most painful coaster we'd ever been on. We all thought Mind Eraser was smoother, and that's saying something. Roar was so bad that I now have a large bruise on my back from being jostled around so much

I've shared those sentiments elsewhere and have been called a Drama Queen for it.

Glad to hear we have the same opinion on Roar.