TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

As far as the placement of Tony Hawk goes, I think I enjoy the idea JEAPUgrad mentioned about placing it near the front, or in Two Face's old location. I'd like to see that spot filled with something other than the rubble that remains...

Once I stop banging my head against the wall I'm going to start pulling out my hair.

Oh Larry, there are much worse things that you could beat yourself up over, like the fact that Six Flags America is not sticking to the Master Plan. That is a good reason to bang your head against the wall.

Okay now, I was just viewing the many (some of them colorful) posts on this Six Flags America Thread when I saw this:

FROM SCREAMSCAPE

2011 - New Coaster - Rumor - (5/12/10) I’ve been told that Six Flags America has high hopes for 2011. If the park performs well for the 2010 season, it seems that there is a plan in place to possibly add a Tony Hawk Big Spin coaster to the park next summer. Two locations are said to be under consideration… either in the former Two-Face location or somewhere over near Roar.

Last time I heard about another coaster being added to the park, I believe that it was to be a junior woodie (something like the Roller Ghoster at Kings Dominion). The old Two-Face ride may be gone, but the old station still stands, and I could see it as being the new station for Six Flags America's newest coaster (And why not, Six Flags Great Adventure did the same thing as the old station for Viper got reused for El Toro). But now I can see a spinning coaster would also work (Count me in as a favorable vote for a spinning coaster; no other park in the immediate area has a spinning coaster).

Now as for my take on what the park should do with the old Rainbow Falls, here's my suggestion: why not take all four slides out and put in a bigger slide for a family raft slide ride?

"That's enough typing for this thread, so why not lay your head down on me?"

If SFA does get one of these coasters, then the best places (in my opinion) would be:

1. Two Face's old location.

2. Rainbow Falls location.

3. That huge gap between Superman and Batwing back up in Gotham. I never knew why Batwing was placed so far back anyways...

Okay now, I was just viewing the many (some of them colorful) posts on this Six Flags America Thread when I saw this:

FROM SCREAMSCAPE

2011 - New Coaster - Rumor - (5/12/10) I’ve been told that Six Flags America has high hopes for 2011. If the park performs well for the 2010 season, it seems that there is a plan in place to possibly add a Tony Hawk Big Spin coaster to the park next summer. Two locations are said to be under consideration… either in the former Two-Face location or somewhere over near Roar.

Last time I heard about another coaster being added to the park, I believe that it was to be a junior woodie (something like the Roller Ghoster at Kings Dominion). The old Two-Face ride may be gone, but the old station still stands, and I could see it as being the new station for Six Flags America's newest coaster (And why not, Six Flags Great Adventure did the same thing as the old station for Viper got reused for El Toro). But now I can see a spinning coaster would also work (Count me in as a favorable vote for a spinning coaster; no other park in the immediate area has a spinning coaster).

Now as for my take on what the park should do with the old Rainbow Falls, here's my suggestion: why not take all four slides out and put in a bigger slide for a family raft slide ride?

"That's enough typing for this thread, so why not lay your head down on me?"

Only problem using the old two face station is that it was designed for an inverted track system....how could they work around the hydraulic station floor?

If SFA does get one of these coasters, then the best places (in my opinion) would be:

3. That huge gap between Superman and Batwing back up in Gotham. I never knew why Batwing was placed so far back anyways...

some might say for the themed stand-up that they were supposed to get

some might say for the themed stand-up that they were supposed to get

It's all part of the master plan, of course.

Park President John Winkler told me on the record last season that SF Inc thinks SFA already has too much wood.

Don't count on another wooden coaster for SFA.

Only problem using the old two face station is that it was designed for an inverted track system....how could they work around the hydraulic station floor?

The floor is gone, isn't it? All the ride components are gone now and from what I saw on Wild One earlier this year it looked like the floor was gone. The station has close to nothing left at all.

^^Please no Dark Krap for SFA. I'd take a clone of SFGAdv's Skull Mountain before I'd take a Mouse in a Box.

I agree. I spoke to this dude that lived near New Jersey, and he was visiting Kings Dominion. Before the park opened I mentioned the Dark Knight indoor coaster to my friend and the dude said "Ohhhh please, that ride was a piece of crap".

And yes, Skull Mountain at Great Adventure was cool. You can barely see anything in that building. It would be nice to build the same kind of coaster at SFA, but with a story. Better yet, I would rather (Premier Rides), design an all indoor version of that ride with a few LIM checkpoints.

And yes Hercules, I like to put things inside dark buildings. I like fast rides inside of the dark. Thats why I'm such a Flight of Fear, Mummy, and haunted house fanatic. There's nothing I love more than scary things in the dark.

Why does everyone hate TDK so much? Would you rather just have a plain wild mouse?

Actually, yes. A regular Wild Mouse would be amazing. Those rides were designed to be outdoors and in the open, not inside a cramped box with mediocre theming! You know, a regular wild mouse wouldn't look half bad at SFA.

Why does everyone hate TDK so much? Would you rather just have a plain wild mouse? I was actually impressed by how good it is. I think it would go well at SFA.

I like TDK, it is my favorite wild mouse coaster. I just wish they would do something about the pre-show since it is such a waste of time especially after seeing it close to 30 times.

I think part of the reason it is hated so much is because it was added the year after Chiller, Flying Wave and Movietown Water Effect and Looping Starship were removed.

Based on the reaction the ride gets with both the GP in the park and enthusiasts, I don't think SF will be in any rush to add it to any more of their parks. Even 2 years later I still see people yelling negative comments about the ride to the people waiting to get into the pre-show.

I love it when people ride a Wild Mouse for the first time. It's always hilarious. I remember going on the Hersheypark one and my sister was "Oh my God! Oh my God! we're going die!!" and her friend was "Who the *@^# designed this thing!?". I was cracking up! I've always felt that SFA needed a wild mouse. Like is said a few posts ago, if SFA ever removes the Shipwreck Falls ride, a nice, compact Wild Mouse (or spinner) could fit there.

Like is said a few posts ago, if SFA ever removes the Shipwreck Falls ride, a nice, compact Wild Mouse (or spinner) could fit there.

Why remove another ride, when theres already a huge empty plot of land where Two Face used to sit? Also Shipwreck Falls is very reliable and popular, especially on a hot day. Removing it would not make any sense at all.