TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

This was the line on Superman in the middle of July with a 0% chance of rain for the day. Every coaster in the park was pretty much a walk on. I went there just to pick up the credits hearing how awful the place was hoping i wouldn't be killed. I ended up having one of our best days at any amusement park i've been to.

As for the standup that was cancelled it WAS to be from B&M as neither togo nor intamin built their standups to a height of 140 feet & the dimensions for the project were listed on the PG county planning board document as being 3,000 feet in length & 140 feet in height .

I'm telling you for a FACT that Batwing replaced the proposed Stand up on the Master Plan per a conversation I had with former Park President Janet Porter.

Yes, the length was something like 3000' and 140' tall which was purely a "cover our a$$" measure.

The park over compensates in height during the permitting process because of all the term oil they faced when they applied to build Superman.

Does this mean that Chang isn't coming to SFA? Not necessarily.

Since the last public release of the Master Plan, which was about ten years ago, nothing else has come out since.

Over the course of a decade, things change. Plans change.

Did the Master Plan include all the upgrades to Hurricane Harbor over the past ten years? No.

Why can't you let go of this?

I think that I'm allowed to have my opinion on Flight of Fear. The thing comes as close to a complete stop as possible on the MCBR and absolutely kills the rest of the ride. Parts of it actually hurt because I, and everyone around me, was falling into the sides of the train. And line length is not a good judgement of how good a coaster is at all. I've waited longer for Mind Eraser than I have for Joker or Batwing or Superman on some days. Seriously.

And people really need to read an entire post before they hit the reply button. I already said that I don't think that a JJ retheme is going to happen. Plausible, yes; but I don't see it going anywhere. So when you try to prove me wrong, could you maybe see that I've already said it probably won't happen? Thanks.

*Edit: I could give you the longest list of people that I know in person that have absolutely no idea that JJ and FoF are the same exact thing. I feel no superiority over those people. At all. And out of those people, the ones that have been to MGM think of RnRC and FoF as two completely different rides. They both go fast in the dark. That's not a basis for an argument.*

^Of course you're entitled to your opinion, and while I agree with you, remember that saying 'opinions are like buttholes and both of yours stink!"

Couldn't resist.

I get tired of being told I'm wrong by people who have no clue about the relationships I have with various people in the industry, particularly at SFA.

I've been invited to their Holiday party for year round employees held in Annapolis in the past and I've never worked there a day in my life!

As for the standup that was cancelled it WAS to be from B&M as neither togo nor intamin built their standups to a height of 140 feet & the dimensions for the project were listed on the PG county planning board document as being 3,000 feet in length & 140 feet in height .

I'm telling you for a FACT that Batwing replaced the proposed Stand up on the Master Plan per a conversation I had with former Park President Janet Porter.

Yes, the length was something like 3000' and 140' tall which was purely a "cover our a$$" measure.

The park over compensates in height during the permitting process because of all the term oil they faced when they applied to build Superman.

Does this mean that Chang isn't coming to SFA? Not necessarily.

Since the last public release of the Master Plan, which was about ten years ago, nothing else has come out since.

Over the course of a decade, things change. Plans change.

Did the Master Plan include all the upgrades to Hurricane Harbor over the past ten years? No.

Why can't you let go of this?

Let go of what? I knew that batwing replaced the standup that was proposed on that site plan,the park can build up to 200 feet max(although not in all areas of the premisis) & they did have something listed for HH as a 2006/07 activity pool & slides which in the end were never built.

While doing some job searching this morning, I came across this interesting position on careerbuilder.com

Job Snapshot

Largo, MD 20775

Employee Type:

Full-Time

Industry:

Entertainment

Manages Others:

No

Job Type:

Human Resources

Training

Experience:

At least 3 year(s)

Post Date:

10/12/2009

Description

Training & Development Manager

About us:

Six Flags, Inc. is the world's largest regional theme park company with 21 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. Founded in 1961, Six Flags has provided world class entertainment for millions of families with cutting edge, record-shattering roller coasters and appointment programming with events like the popular Thursday and Sunday Night Concert Series. Now 47 years strong, Six Flags is recognized as the preeminent thrill innovator while reaching to all demographics -- families, teens, tweens and thrill seekers alike -- with themed attractions based on the Looney Tunes characters, the Justice League of America, skateboarding legend Tony Hawk, The Wiggles and Thomas the Tank Engine. Six Flags, Inc. is a publicly-traded corporation (NYSE: SIX) headquartered in New York City.

Description of Training & Development Manager:

Summary of Job:

* Responsible for the implementation of training objectives for Six Flags America.

* Position will ensure that systems of initial and ongoing training programs are in place and consistently executed across all employees.

* This will involve training development, delivery, and assessment of program effectiveness.

* In addition, position will assist in evaluating and improving delivery of the guest experience by conducting Quality Assurance audits.

Key Duties And Responsibilities:

* Partner with Corporate Training and Development to create and implement a comprehensive training program within guidelines focused on delivery of a superior guest experience and operational excellence.

* Collaborate with park and department leadership in developing guest service training for all employees.

* Develop and deliver service-oriented training for all employees to enhance the guest experience.

* Collaborate with departments to create departmental training content and ensure effective deployment of initial and ongoing classroom instruction and OJT.

* Train Supervisors on critical management and leadership skills.

* Conduct or facilitate Train the Trainer programs for department personnel.

* Ensure full training curriculum is consistently delivered to all employees as defined.

* Interface frequently with department trainers and Training Supervisors across parks to share best practices and maximize the effectiveness of the training programs.

* Track and analyze relevant statistical employment information to evaluate training effectiveness and identify opportunities to continuously improve training efforts.

* Spearhead process improvement efforts and measurements.

* Conduct Quality Assurance Audits to evaluate team member and department delivery of the guest experience. Present of audit results to Park Management team.

* Ensure Team Member evaluations occur as scheduled including tracking and appropriate follow-through. All other duties as deemed necessary by Senior Management.

Organizational Relationship:

* Reports to the Director of Administration

Requirements

Training & Development Manager

Requirements of Training & Development Manager:

Skills And Qualifications:

* 3+ years supervisory or managerial experience preferred.

* 3+ years training experience (developing programs and facilitating large groups) preferred.

* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to teach a group new concepts or processes.

* Must be professional, energetic, self-motivated, able to motivate others, and have a positive attitude.

* Strong teamwork skills and ability to work productively across various departments.

* Strong work ethic with the ability to work well under pressure and multi-task.

* Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Products.

* Flexible schedule required including nights, weekends, and holidays.

* Valid Driver's License.

Interested candidates should submit their resume no later than Friday October 16th to:

Six Flags America

Attn: Cutter Matlock

13710 Central Avenue

Mitchellville, MD 20721

Fax 301-249-8853

[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]

Six Flags is a Drug Free and Equal Opportunity Employer

Looks like they are looking to take their guest service to the next level.

Yay SFA.

OK...I am so late getting to reply to this thread. I did not read the whole thing becasue its well over 70 pages long, but since this is the Six Flags America thread I am writing about my general feelings about the park.

I live about 45 min north of the park right outside of Baltimore. I usually get a season pass every year. Over the past 3 years I have seen some change in the park. In my opnion what is hurting the park is the employees and the people that go there. In the Baltimore area a lot of people consider the park the 'ghetto' park. Most would rather travel to Hershey, Kings Dominion, Dorney, or Busch Gardens. All of which you get treated better by employees, the people that go are not as ghetto, the parks themselves are cleaner, and there are way better rides.

SFA has not got a serious new rides in years. They are lacking so far behind. I personally know a manager there, pretty high up in the chain if I may say, and will not disclose his name. He out right told me that Six Flags Inc. does not care too much about SFA. They are just happy to have the park and the land under it. In the entire chain in the states the land is worth so much being so close to DC and with the history. Also about the suppoesedly little girl that haunts the park. Everyone tells the story differently but her family supposesdly owed the land the park sits on and she does not like that. Most of the families house still sits up on a hill behind The Wild One.

Yea, they did upgrade their water park a few years ago and added 2 new slides that year (Bahama Blast and Tornado). But one of them was a Tornado slide and almost all water parks have them. It really is not nothing new. Then they put in the Tony Hawk slide which basiclly is the same thing as the Tornado just without the small tunnel part and its steeper. Nothing too spectacular in my opinion. What they need to do is redo the Crocodile Cal's Outback Beach house. The entire thing is almost falling apart. Over half of the water effects do not work anymore and they have the netting down so you can not use one of the bigger slides anymore. But yet they turn the water on it every day. Also the pool/lazy river area looks pathetic. It needs a serious upgrade!!

I have gotten into so many verbal arguments with employees there because they do not want to do their job. They talk and flirt with one another more then do their job. The rules are not enforced by everyone that work there. Some employees allow girls to walk around in just a bikini top while some will be on top of you to put on a shirt. There was a time when I was on the Batwing (I have no idea what possesed me to get on that STUPID ride) and one of my arm restraints came completely loose mid ride. When the ride stopped I went and told the operater and 2 other employees. But alas nothing was done. I stood there from the exit and watched them load the car without checking the seat and continue using it. I have complained to customer service several times about different things. All I have ever gotten was 5 free passes and 6 meal tickets.

They need to upgrade their rides!! They need to get some new coasters in that park. Their is nothing extremely fun there. I am not going to lie, Superman is their one ride that is bringing people into the park. Its the parks signature ride and its really not even all that fun. It was a blast the first time I rode it but then you realize there are better out there. But that is coming from someone who lives and breaths amusement parks. For the normal person that is a awesome ride. They are taking more and mor away but not adding anything. They took away the Iron Eagle which was down a lot but a really fun ride. Then they took away Krypton Komet (Chaos). Which I understand why but that ride was sooo fun!!! Then this year they took away Two Face: The Flip Side. I will admit that ride had a lot of issues but it was a tradmark ride. There is not another ride like that in this area. It was the only coaster in this area that I know of where you faced each other.

The park has restrictions on height and noise. I think thats bull crap. If the neighbors do not like the noise then why did they move next to an amusement park???!!! They knew Six Flags was there. The park has been there for YEARS!!! It was Wild World, then Adventure World, and now Six Flags America. The height thing I can understand with DC right down the street, but I do not think its that close where they can not build bigger rides.

In 2010 they are getting Thomas Town. Do they really need that? NO! They already have a pretty good kids section. They need new coasters!!!! Even if its a family type of coaster. Just as long as its not a Dark Knight. That is a terrible ride in my opinion hehe.

The park/company needs to get their act together. I see good things for this park. I just wish they would.

Having worked in rides at SFA I can tell you that standard operating procedure made the stipulation that shirts must be worn, BUT, bikini tops were OK and counted as a "shirt".

Both of the flat rides you mention being removed are a Zamperla Rotoshake and a Chance Chaos. These rides can be found hardly anywhere nowadays. Certainly not solely a SFA issue in keeping them running. It would have been great to see those rides replaced with other flats, but I blame SFInc, not SFA, for that.

As far as ride quality goes, I agree that SFA's ride collection isn't as good KD or BGE's. But I don't think its been that way a very long time and I don't think the gap is that great. The wooden coasters at SFA are all in all better then KD's in my opinion. SROS is the best ride at either park at this point. Obviously with the addition of Dominator and Intimidator KD is moving ahead while SFA is sitting idle apparently until 2011, though.

As far as your restraint coming loose as you claim; that's a tough situation. Did the restraint come loose and then re-lock mid-ride? All they can really do is lock and check the restraint to ensure it is locking properly. Perhaps you only perceived it came lose? Because normally in cases like this its your word against the ride running fine all afternoon with no issues with that or any other restraint...

Don't want to make a new topic for this:

Is the waterpark any good? How much hours could we spend there without being bored? Cause I know the other HH's are good for a whole day, but this one is included in the price, so it might be less interesting?

The last time I was in the water park was 2006, it had recently been renovated, and I thought it was pretty good. It was better themed and much cleaner than the theme park, and it had some pretty cool slides. If you like water parks, it's worth checking out, but there's nothing amazing there that you won't find elsewhere. The Tony Hawk Half Pipe thing may be the only thing very unique.

OK...I am so late getting to reply to this thread. I did not read the whole thing becasue its well over 70 pages long, but since this is the Six Flags America thread I am writing about my general feelings about the park.

I live about 45 min north of the park right outside of Baltimore. I usually get a season pass every year. Over the past 3 years I have seen some change in the park. In my opnion what is hurting the park is the employees and the people that go there. In the Baltimore area a lot of people consider the park the 'ghetto' park. Most would rather travel to Hershey, Kings Dominion, Dorney, or Busch Gardens. All of which you get treated better by employees, the people that go are not as ghetto, the parks themselves are cleaner, and there are way better rides.

SFA has not got a serious new rides in years. They are lacking so far behind. I personally know a manager there, pretty high up in the chain if I may say, and will not disclose his name. He out right told me that Six Flags Inc. does not care too much about SFA. They are just happy to have the park and the land under it. In the entire chain in the states the land is worth so much being so close to DC and with the history. Also about the suppoesedly little girl that haunts the park. Everyone tells the story differently but her family supposesdly owed the land the park sits on and she does not like that. Most of the families house still sits up on a hill behind The Wild One.

Yea, they did upgrade their water park a few years ago and added 2 new slides that year (Bahama Blast and Tornado). But one of them was a Tornado slide and almost all water parks have them. It really is not nothing new. Then they put in the Tony Hawk slide which basiclly is the same thing as the Tornado just without the small tunnel part and its steeper. Nothing too spectacular in my opinion. What they need to do is redo the Crocodile Cal's Outback Beach house. The entire thing is almost falling apart. Over half of the water effects do not work anymore and they have the netting down so you can not use one of the bigger slides anymore. But yet they turn the water on it every day. Also the pool/lazy river area looks pathetic. It needs a serious upgrade!!

I have gotten into so many verbal arguments with employees there because they do not want to do their job. They talk and flirt with one another more then do their job. The rules are not enforced by everyone that work there. Some employees allow girls to walk around in just a bikini top while some will be on top of you to put on a shirt. There was a time when I was on the Batwing (I have no idea what possesed me to get on that STUPID ride) and one of my arm restraints came completely loose mid ride. When the ride stopped I went and told the operater and 2 other employees. But alas nothing was done. I stood there from the exit and watched them load the car without checking the seat and continue using it. I have complained to customer service several times about different things. All I have ever gotten was 5 free passes and 6 meal tickets.

They need to upgrade their rides!! They need to get some new coasters in that park. Their is nothing extremely fun there. I am not going to lie, Superman is their one ride that is bringing people into the park. Its the parks signature ride and its really not even all that fun. It was a blast the first time I rode it but then you realize there are better out there. But that is coming from someone who lives and breaths amusement parks. For the normal person that is a awesome ride. They are taking more and mor away but not adding anything. They took away the Iron Eagle which was down a lot but a really fun ride. Then they took away Krypton Komet (Chaos). Which I understand why but that ride was sooo fun!!! Then this year they took away Two Face: The Flip Side. I will admit that ride had a lot of issues but it was a tradmark ride. There is not another ride like that in this area. It was the only coaster in this area that I know of where you faced each other.

The park has restrictions on height and noise. I think thats bull crap. If the neighbors do not like the noise then why did they move next to an amusement park???!!! They knew Six Flags was there. The park has been there for YEARS!!! It was Wild World, then Adventure World, and now Six Flags America. The height thing I can understand with DC right down the street, but I do not think its that close where they can not build bigger rides.

In 2010 they are getting Thomas Town. Do they really need that? NO! They already have a pretty good kids section. They need new coasters!!!! Even if its a family type of coaster. Just as long as its not a Dark Knight. That is a terrible ride in my opinion hehe.

The park/company needs to get their act together. I see good things for this park. I just wish they would.

See this is why I stopped going to the park after the 07 season,when you barely have enough rides in the park to begin with & don't want to invest in new ones & start taking what few rides out that you do have it leaves even less for people to do than before....sure some of the rides removed were high maintenance(IE,Chaos) but two face could've been repaired & reopened & people would still ride it but they let media publicity impact their decision to remove the ride.

Had the park recieved more funding for better maintenance odds are that that accident NEVER would've even happened,I've had some close calls on rides there myself & a case in point was having my restraint open up on mind eraser a couple times(in different seats) about six years ago.I stopped going after the 07 season & 9 years as a passholder in favor of KD after they announced that yet another waterslide would be installed for 08 when the ride side of the park is more in need of new additions than the waterpark is.If things improve over the next couple years then I may consider giving the park another chance as there was & is so much potential t here that SFI doesn't seem to care about.

SFA has not got a serious new rides in years. They are lacking so far behind. I personally know a manager there, pretty high up in the chain if I may say, and will not disclose his name. He out right told me that Six Flags Inc. does not care too much about SFA. They are just happy to have the park and the land under it. In the entire chain in the states the land is worth so much being so close to DC and with the history.

If this is the case, then why did SFI place on of their top Park Presidents who spend nine years at Great Adventure through all their major additions this decade and several years prior to that at Great America?

I just don't believe that they don't care about this park.

All these years now there have been the rumors that SFA was up for sale. IMO if the park was really up for sale, they would've sold it by now like they did with Six Flags World of Adventure (Geauga Lake), Elitch Gardens, and Darien Lake.

I'll agree that the land the park sits on is a very valuable piece of property. Just look at some of the homes that have gone up around the perimeter of the park. They're monsters.

Also about the suppoesedly little girl that haunts the park. Everyone tells the story differently but her family supposesdly owed the land the park sits on and she does not like that. Most of the families house still sits up on a hill behind The Wild One.

SFA has finally been given the "go-ahead" to demolish the old farm house back behind Wild One. While I'm not exactly sure what kind of historical preservation the house had, the park has argued for years that it makes no sense to keep the house on the park's property is no one is going to perform upkeep on the house and refurbish it.

Agreed.

What was your expectation to have this situation fixed?

Working as a Guest Services Manager for a hotel chain, I can tell you that we figure 1% of guests go out of their way to complain in order to receive "free" items. Sounds like you might be one of the 1%.

I had a billing issue with SFA that I've posted on here before from last winter during one of their online season pass sales. The purchase price and what they charged my credit card was different by about $15. I wrote a letter and received a letter of apology back. John Winkler, the new Park President called me a week later to make sure I received the letter or apology and told me while he couldn't personally refund me the $15 difference, he overly compensated me with park perks to make the situation right. We had a pretty long conversation about the future of SFA.

I really think many of SFA's problems over the past several years has been an attitude of indifference in leadership roles in the park. Now that many of those managers are no longer working for the park, there is a new team in place that has made several positive changes to the park.

At some point you have to cut your losses.

Iron Eagle, Two Face, Krypton Comet (Chaos), and the Sky Escaper (Enterprise) all were maintenance nightmares. The rising cost of performing preventative maintenance on these rides is why they were removed.

I agreed that the dry side of the park needs some TLC. I think they need to add some new flats.

Our coaster is coming in 2011. Just be patient.

SFA received a lot of rides in a short period of time.

1994- Shipwreck Falls

1995- Mind Eraser

1996- Paradise Island Make-over / Tower of Doom

1997- Typhoon Seacoaster / Wild One retracking

1998- Roar

1999- Two Face / Joker's Jinx / The Great Chase / Looney Tunes Movie Town / Six Flags branding

2000- Superman

2001- Batwing / Avalanche (Alpine Bobs) / Krypton Comet (Chaos)

2002- Peguin's Blizzard River

Not many parks except for maybe SFMM and Cedar Point add five coasters over a six year period of time.

SFA was due for a little down time between the adding of new attractions. I just didn't think it would take this long.

Some of the surrounding neighborhoods pre-date the park. Not all of them, some. It's a valid arguement. The height restriction has nothing to do with the District of Columbia. DC has a height restriction that nothing can be taller than the United States Capitol building, which I think is 325 feet. There was a big controversary a few years ago because a communications company wanted to install a massive tower that would've improved cell phone service, radio signals, and all that kind of stuff about three blocks from the Maryland State line out Wisconsin Avenue. Ultimately the tower could not go as far up as they wanted because of that height restriction.

How many amusement park attractions go above 325'? Not very many.

The imposed height restriction of 200' is enforced because of Andrew Air Force Base.

I disagree whole heartidly.

The trend over the past few years in the industry has been capturing the families. Bringing the families back to the park?

Why so much attention to families?

Because they are going to spend money.

Back in the late 1990's / early 2000's when SFI was buying coasters in bulk and placing them in the parks, simply put, SFI wasn't receiving a return on their investment. The parks were filled with tweens and teenagers that their parents would drop them off at the park for a day.

This is one of the many reasons why they were in debt over $2 billion and eventually filed bankruptcy.

The tweens and teens didn't have disposable incomes to spend on food, beverage, merchandise, games, etc.

Families do.

It's all about the Benjamins my friend.

I don't know about that... A year or two years ago I might have agreed but it seems the park has been given a news lease on life with a new management team. Each one of them have been very approachable, service oriented and willing to discuss many aspects of the park. Looking around the park, only a few managers remains that were at the park a year ago. Lots of new management from parks like SFNE, SFGAdv, SFDK and SFMM have been brought into the park. Is the park perfect, no, but it is has come along way this season. At a recent ACE event there was a call for the park to keep the current Superman team together. A call that a year ago would have never been made.

They took away the Iron Eagle which was down a lot but a really fun ride. Then they took away Krypton Komet (Chaos). Which I understand why but that ride was sooo fun!!! Then this year they took away Two Face: The Flip Side. I will admit that ride had a lot of issues but it was a tradmark ride. There is not another ride like that in this area. It was the only coaster in this area that I know of where you faced each other.

Look around, how many of those rides are actually left in parks. Six Flags, I believe, completely pulled out the Chaos, as did Hershey and they all did it in one year. Two Face, probably better they got rid of it before someone was more seriously hurt, besides, it was getting way to much negative national attention. Isn't it ironic, California's Great America had nearly the same problem SFA's did a couple of years ago?

The people that complain about the noise have been there since the '60's and 70's before a ride was ever installed at SFA. IMHO, given the internets ability to quickly mobilize people for a mass movement these days, SFA would not be standing in that spot today.

I think they need Thomas Town, Thomas Town will be a big draw for the park. Kids these days know about Thomas, they don't know about the Looney Tunes. I can't wait for my 2 year old son to see it.

It's debatable if they need a new coaster, IMHO, I would rather see a flat ride package come before a new coaster.

SFI, needs to give SFA the marketing budget to compete with three top 25 parks. With the exception of SFMM, I can't think of another market that SF has to compete with that many parks. Hershey, Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens absolutely kicked Six Flags America's but in terms of on-air marketing this season. This is really like David vs. three Goliaths. When you have 7 million people in a 50 mile radius of the park and they are driving two hours to visit another park, something is wrong.

^I'm one of those people who will drive two hours to KD than drive 5 miles to SFA.

SFA for me isn't a full day experience whereas KD is.

SFA for me is three hours max because everything is usually a walk on and the park is 1/4th the size of KD.

Not knocking SFA, I just think they are two totally different experiences with not much in common.

Thank you everyone for your feed back. I see everyones point. Unfortuntately this will be last year getting a season pass until I see its worth it.

Oh and by the way to who ever ask me about my restraint on Batwing. It came totally loose during the main drop, like as if I was entering the attraction. It was still that way when the train came back to the station.

I do agree that SFA wooden coasters are better then the ones in KD.

^I'm one of those people who will drive two hours to KD than drive 5 miles to SFA.

SFA for me is three hours max because everything is usually a walk on and the park is 1/4th the size of KD.

Not knocking SFA, I just think they are two totally different experiences with not much in common.

I agree, that's why I like the park so much and get a pass every season.

I guess that is where the difference is, I can spend eight hours at the park easily. Between spending time with my family in the children's areas, watching shows, visiting the water park and riding coasters. I can easily make SFA a day trip.

I agree, that's why I like the park so much and get a pass every season.

I get my season pass to go to Great Adventure.

Same concept as going to KD except SFGAdv is 3 hours away and has tolls along the way.

Man, now I am glad I got out of this argument in its beginning stages. Now, there are so many opinions and replies my I get a headache reading them all. What I notice is people keep going back to the point that a B&M Stand up was planned for Six Flags America, but they decided for Kings Dominion's Flying Dutchman which KD passed on. Problem with this argument is Batwing opened in 2001, so from 2001-2009 how can anyone assume a contract was not made between Busch Gardens and Six Flags America? If anyone had solid info. that proved there was not a contract in these 8 years, wouldn't it have got out by now?

Next, another thing people have been saying is Six Flags America's wooden coasters are better than Kings Dominion's which somehow makes Six Flags America's ride collection better. Considering SFA has 2 wooden coasters, how can one make a leap to say that these two coasters are what breaks the tie, what makes SFA's ride collection better than that of Kings Dominion? With the additions of Dominator and Intimidator, I would think most people would consider Kings Dominion's steel coasters better, and their flat rides are a bit better too. So, how can one say Roar and Wild One are what makes Six Flags America better than Kings Dominion when they are not even the best two coasters at SFA? I just don't understand.

As for Joker's Jinx versus Flight of Fear, how does one break run ruin the whole ride? Is that the only basis to which we should judge a ride? As far as I am concerned, people seem to have forgot about elements such as theming, top speed, etc. And as for the person who can give me a list of everyone he/she knows who cannot tell the difference between the two, please do, you can PM me them or just post them here. Even if you can, making an already almost identical coaster to Flight of Fear enclosed as some people have suggested would pretty much make it a dead giveaway to everyone that they are identical.

Finally, I really hope the new additions to SFA (Thomas Town and the possible new coaster(s) really help Six Flags America compete with Kings Dominion and maybe even Busch Gardens Europe. Why would I not? SFA is actually closer to my house, but I would rather go to Kings Dominion due to the very wide quality gap between the two. Six Flags feels a bit run down and old to me. This is the same way I felt about Kings Dominion before Cedar Fair took over. Since then (including 2010) KD has gotten 3 water rides, 2 flat rides, a re-themed kiddie section, and 2 major coasters. If the new management at SFI can pull something similar off, I could realistically see myself going to SFA more than once or twice a year.

That is pretty much last thing I am going to say on this topic. I think that pretty much sums up my views on SFA quite well.

Next, another thing people have been saying is Six Flags America's wooden coasters are better than Kings Dominion's which somehow makes Six Flags America's ride collection better. Considering SFA has 2 wooden coasters, how can one make a leap to say that these two coasters are what breaks the tie, what makes SFA's ride collection better than that of Kings Dominion? With the additions of Dominator and Intimidator, I would think most people would consider Kings Dominion's steel coasters better, and their flat rides are a bit better too. So, how can one say Roar and Wild One are what makes Six Flags America better than Kings Dominion when they are not even the best two coasters at SFA? I just don't understand.

You entirely misunderstood what I wrote. Here, I'll copy it again, maybe it will make more sense this time.

"As far as ride quality goes, I agree that SFA's ride collection isn't as good as KD or BGE's. But I don't think its been that way a very long time and I don't think the gap is that great. The wooden coasters at SFA are all in all better then KD's in my opinion. SROS is the best ride at either park at this point. Obviously with the addition of Dominator and Intimidator KD is moving ahead while SFA is sitting idle apparently until 2011, though."

So in summary:

1. I said SFA's ride/coaster collection wasn't as good as KD's.

2. I said that I don't think the gap in quality between the parks' coaster collections is huge because...

2a. SFA's wooden coasters are better then those offered at KD.

2b. SROS is still the best ride between the two parks as far as I'm concerned.

As for Joker's Jinx versus Flight of Fear, how does one break run ruin the whole ride? Is that the only basis to which we should judge a ride? As far as I am concerned, people seem to have forgot about elements such as theming, top speed, etc. And as for the person who can give me a list of everyone he/she knows who cannot tell the difference between the two, please do, you can PM me them or just post them here. Even if you can, making an already almost identical coaster to Flight of Fear enclosed as some people have suggested would pretty much make it a dead giveaway to everyone that they are identical.

For me the brake run makes the ride far less enjoyable and thrilling when compared to Jokers Jinx. It ruins the pacing and is a really sudden and uncomfortable stop followed by a painful slow turn.

I said that if you think the theming makes up for the moderately less fun ride, then fine. For me it doesn't, but if it does for you then great. It just a matter of opinion.