TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Does Joker's Jinx have a MCBR? From what I remember seeing, it didn't look like it had one. How does it shape up to Flight of Fear?

Because that has the MCBR....on hard. Though it does give some serious hang time on the corkscrew.

If memory serves me right - no MCBR. I thought Joker's Jinx ran pretty slow, it really crawled at times when I was there. Even though you get jerked from side to side I much prefer the Flight of Fear versions of this coaster, they are much more aggressive - though if they had OTSR's my opinion would be very different.

Thank you for stating that airtime! Now I hope that they would understand that I'm not backing the park up cause "I'm a SFA fanboy" (ignore the name lls) But also because the park has potential to be very popular. Everything they said about SFA is going to close, SFA sucks, yada yada yada, but they had NO PROOF!!! They were just talking out of their azzes, or basically saying what they want to happen, which is dumb. Why would you want to close a theme park just because you thought it was bad? Not everyone thinks its a bad park, obviously, thats why people still go there. Just because SFA hasn't gotten a new coaster since Batwing doesnt mean the park is going to fail. They have been getting new slides, upgrades, and everything else airtime mentioned. Plus if SFI were to close SFA, they would have closed it by now, instead of letting the park get ready to make a HUGE announcement for new attractions next year.

I know that what you guys stated earlier are just your opinions and I cannot control them, but whats the point of stating the same thing over and over and over again? And without any proof, or facts, or anything.

It's not just the lack of coasters but it's the removal of one ride after another without replacing them that really sends the message that the park is going downhill.If they really cared about the park in the manner they care about say SFNE then they would've replaced iron eagle with a new flat & not some dumb show stage,same goes for the enterprise that was right across the midway from IE.The waterpark upgrade was needed but SFI has to keep in mind that NOT everybody is drawn to a themepark just to go to the waterpark alone,some people want thrill rides & coasters & as a result the park has gone horribly off balance in it's offerings,add to that the fact that new ride installations of any type are getting further spaced apart while in the beginning it wasn't like that.

^^So you had nothing else to say from that huge paragraph but that one little sintence. Can someone say, you do too much?

^And you are one of the people I was talking about that talk out of there azz without proof or anything backing up what you say. now THAT is sad. And I just said something about that.

Plus you cant just say that the announcement is not going to be huge just because people think the park is getting a speed slide. They still havent announced it yet and when they do it WILL be huge, like they said it would be.

I find it absolutely hilarious that you didn't read my multi-paragraph response, and yet you lambaste another well known user for replying as simply (though in a more eye-friendly form) as you do every time. Can someone say you ignore all that you disagree with?

Plus, you can just say the announcement is not going to be huge, considering the paperwork states that it is merely another speed slide. Maybe you've become so conditioned to accept mediocre attractions/additions (and again, I'm looking at this based on my experience at the park) that this is just the greatest thing you've seen the park get, but I find that pretty hard to believe, if not a little pathetic. Six Flags America may have potential, but minor additions like a speed slide (regardless of how tall, fast or large it is) can't make this park turn around. Whether or not you give the park's lamp posts a devoted spit shine when you visit doesn't make a difference either--your adament fanhood won't make something small become big.

I figure you'll learn eventually that just because you want something to be something its not, won't make it so. I would love for Seaworld Orlando's Journey to Atlantis to be an Intamin Aquatrax, but it doesn't work that way. I'm sure Hard Rock Park and Cypress Gardens' management teams wanted more than anything for their parks to succeed, but it just wasn't so--and there is nothing they could change about it. You can't make a speed slide become a gatebuster attraction (at least not that I could possibly imagine), especially for a park whose main concerns and issues lay attached to the amusement park section and not the waterpark.

If you figure out a way to magically change things, please let me know, because I really would love it if Journey to Atlantis could become an Aquatrax coaster. While you're at it, could you also figure out how to change your posting style? Thanks.

What issues are we talking about then? Clearly simply adding a speed slide isn't going to fix problems in the operations on the rides, nor will cleaning up lamp posts.

But as was said already, a new and improved management won't fix things at all? Most enthusiasts gripes abut the place stem from bad operations on the coasters, new management can fix problems like that very quickly during pre-season training. And as I said before, this job market is going to help the park. Parks including SFA won't have to take just any kid off the streets to op rides, they can actually have higher standards for their employees.

As far as a speed slide not being made into a "gate-buster" attraction, Kings Dominion was able to hype their slide complex tower like mad. "THE WORLD'S TALLEST AND FASTEST ENCLOSED SPEED SLIDE!!!"

Marketing can do amazing things. The local media comes out for a small PR day and shows people having a fun time on the slide and people will come out to try it. Thats how SFA does a large amount of its marketing, free bits on local TV/newspapers. They do a remarkable job of taking small attractions/concerts and making them into something big that makes people come out multiple times during the season.

And on Jokers Jinx, its a heck of a lot better then FOF... No MCBR and 100% smoother. If JJ "crawls", then FOF would have to be described as coming to a complete stop...

Harry Potter - 43 pages.

Six Flags frickin' America - 59 pages.....to this point.

Why? And maybe better yet, how?

I mean, I mildly enjoyed my credit run here years ago (although perhaps it's because all the rides were actually running), but I just don't get the interest in this rather boring SF park. Oh well.

God help us if SFA actually ever does announce something.

And as I said before, this job market is going to help the park. Parks including SFA won't have to take just any kid off the streets to op rides, they can actually have higher standards for their employees.

As someone that's looking to hire a qualified person to hire right now, I'm terrified of what I'm seeing come across my desk. Crap resumes. All of the people that are worth anything, aren't leaving their current jobs, unless absolutely necessary. So, I'd say your theory is pretty hopeful, and not very likely.

And higher standards means you better expect to give out higher pay. No corporation is going to do that for a 18 year old ride op. It's cost cutting time, not bring in less people for more money.

Economics, dude. Read up.

This thread makes me laugh because it went from arguing over SFA's poor staff/management, what the "HUGE" announcement would be, Joker's Jinks thoughts, & back to arguing again all in a week

Yea just caught up on this thread and it looks like there has been alot of arguements. At one point people where criticizing every post.

Anyway back on topic. I have never rode JJ but i have ridden FOF at King's Dominion. I was not too impressed it was slow, boring and painful. So I am not much of a spaghetti bowl fan.

Hey guys! Im new here and just to clear things up, I'm NOT SFAfan#1 (hence the name ) but I would like to know why nobody answered my... I mean his question about why everybody ganged up on me... I mean him and complained on everything I... I mean he did. And then right after I... I mean he apologized, he gets banned? WTF? So can somebody please answer my question and remember that I am NOT SFAfan#1

Hey guys! Im new here and just to clear things up, I'm NOT SFAfan#1 (hence the name ) but I would like to know why nobody answered my... I mean his question about why everybody ganged up on me... I mean him and complained on everything I... I mean he did. And then right after I... I mean he apologized, he gets banned? WTF? So can somebody please answer my question and remember that I am NOT SFAfan#1

Pop quiz, everyone: What is contained in TPR's Terms of Serivce item # 17?

17. Once you have registered an account and a screen name it cannot be changed, deleted or removed! Once an account is deleted, any posts or content you have submitted cannot be deleted and will remain on the public forum. So please pick a screen name you are prepared to live with for your existence on Theme Park Review. Please also note that one individual can only have one Theme Park Review account. If you create multiple accounts, this may be grounds for all of your Theme Park Review accounts to be suspended. Registering a new account to bypass an existing ban will result in your IP being banned.

Dude this is not funny nor is it cute. The moderators will handle you soon enough.

Epic Fail

With respect to the Premier 'bowl' rides, I find both are interesting in their own ways....

Whereas you get some great visuals on the Jinx, the 'out of control' feeling on FoF is intense, too. As for the roughness, I find them nearly identical.

I agree.....and I don't think the roughness is even worth mentioning. I have never found either rough, and don't know why anyone would, unless the rode them pre lap-bars.

^Hey Matt, don't criticise SFA or you will get called a racist.

I think it's good some money is going into the park, they seem like modest additions but hopefully there is some other money going into maintenance and staff incentives, which would could make a difference.

I'm surprised this park wasn't given a Tony Hawk's Big Spin or a Dark Knight. Seriously, it needs more flats for starters.

It'd be nice to have a B&M anything at the park. But that's WISHFUL THINKING and WILL NOT happen under the current SFI management, unless they find something used that they can transport (HINT: It won't be Led Zeppelin).

Is it safe to call this park the runt of the SFI family?

Not being harsh, just trying to find a metaphor.

Why didn't SFI sell this off?

^Hey Matt, don't criticise SFA or you will get called a racist.

I think it's good some money is going into the park, they seem like modest additions but hopefully there is some other money going into maintenance and staff incentives, which would could make a difference.

EDIT: Six Flags Next To Go.

Is that better Brent