TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Well now I've changed my thoughts of SFA's "Big" announcement from Led Zeppelin, to that mystery B&M coaster and back and forth, I'd like to change it again to a whole other type of coaster. Ultra Twister! SFAfans noticed some similarities between two TOGO cars and believes that these are the same ones that were rusting away at SFA. Also if I think back, Sam Marks (from facebook) stated a while back

If there was no intention of rebuilding ultratwister why would they pay good money to transport the ride all the way to DC rather than store it or sell it in TX?

This made me start thinking Ultra Twister but I was also thinking B&M.

These are the links to the Ultra Twister cars:

premier rides site

and

rcdb

What do you think? Could Ultra Twister finally make its long awaited debut? [/img]

Well now I've changed my thoughts of SFA's "Big" announcement from Led Zeppelin, to that mystery B&M coaster and back and forth, I'd like to change it again to a whole other type of coaster. Ultra Twister! SFAfans noticed some similarities between two TOGO cars and believes that these are the same ones that were rusting away at SFA. Also if I think back, Sam Marks (from facebook) stated a while back
If there was no intention of rebuilding ultratwister why would they pay good money to transport the ride all the way to DC rather than store it or sell it in TX?

premier rides site

and

rcdb

What do you think? Could Ultra Twister finally make its long awaited debut? [/img]

I've known for a while that Premier rides makes parts for the togo heartline coaster but if SFA were to try obtaining the needed parts from them then they would've done so by now considering the fact that the ride has been sitting there rusting away for over three years now.

Not to sound too retarded, but if you compare the before picture on the Premier site with the RCDB pic in the above links, the rust spots on the circles do kinda matchup from the Ultra Twister??

True but SFA could've let them use that shot seeing as UT is/was the only one of it's kind in the US.Notice in the "after" pic that the wheel covers are red when it was repainted green while at SFAW?

premier rides site

and

rcdb

I've known for a while that Premier rides makes parts for the togo heartline coaster but if SFA were to try obtaining the needed parts from them then they would've done so by now considering the fact that the ride has been sitting there rusting away for over three years now.

Who said that SFA hasnt already gotten all the parts for the ride yet? Ultra Twister has been in storage since 2005. Maybe the park has been secretly getting all the parts together just so that they can re-open the coaster.

premier rides site

and

rcdb

When I worked at the park 3 seasons ago (first season it was in storage) all I heard was "Its not going up", the park kept Python around for a decade, so I'm definitely not counting on Ultra Twister being rebuilt.

premier rides site

and

rcdb

Who said that SFA hasnt already gotten all the parts for the ride yet? Ultra Twister has been in storage since 2005. Maybe the park has been secretly getting all the parts together just so that they can re-open the coaster.

Based on my understanding some the working parts were put to use on other rides, though. So it seems like a strange idea after all these years to suddenly put it up.

I'd like to see it though. It would be cool to have an operating togo heartline coaster in the US, especially since I've never been on one.

^^I believe that is just an assumption based on a hypothetical possibility. There is nothing yet that leads us to believe that Ultra Twister will (now or ever) be rebuilt anywhere.

The way I see it, this ride is as dead as Astroworld's standup coaster which sits in a field behind Ride of Steel at Darien Lake. They've yet to put it up (and thats been in storage for a few years as well), even installing a newer coaster (Motocoaster) in its stead. I'm pretty sure that says something about the park's plan for the former ride.

So why would somebody waste money to get the cars fixed up if they are not going to atleast try to get the ride up and running? I believe that this could be the "Big" announcement for '09, but also the park has stated that they will do something with Two Face's area in '10 so if we dont get Ultra Twister this year, I'd expect it for next year as a re-placement for Two Face.

Maybe they're going to try and keep ALL rides open every day of the season?

(I know. Wishful thinking.)

Thats wishful thinking for ANY park. However, if they were to announce that the maintenance department was going to be properly funded and could actually make the proper repairs to the rides then I would be very excited.

So why would somebody waste money to get the cars fixed up if they are not going to atleast try to get the ride up and running? I believe that this could be the "Big" announcement for '09, but also the park has stated that they will do something with Two Face's area in '10 so if we dont get Ultra Twister this year, I'd expect it for next year as a re-placement for Two Face.

I don't think that UT would fit in that area as it's got a huge footprint lengthwise.Perhaps a spinner would go in better over there but given the removals without replacement rides the park has seen over the last few years I doubt it.

Hate to say it but I believe that the park's days are numbered & SFI will someday follow CF's example in Ohio with GL by shutting the ride park down & liquidating the assets.

Compare these two pictures:

The trains pictured on Premier's Service and Maintenance page obviously don't match those seen at Six Flags America.

I don't think Ultra Twister is coming back at all--Six Flags is currently investing in new attractions or upgrading the old ones that are already installed. The only other possibility that I see is that a functional attraction from Six Flags New Orleans will be transplanted to the park (like Sasquatch or Goliath have been at the other Six Flags parks). The fact that this ride has been sitting in the open in the elements for years (not in storage), including the trains, I doubt that Six Flags will spend the money which could be used on a greater capital investment.

I doubt Ultra Twister will be rebuilt. It's been cannibalized for spare parts.

And I seriously doubt the park's getting a B&M, whether it's Zepplin, the Mystery Coaster, or custom. SFI wouldn't do that for a park below flagship-status (like SFMM, SFGADV, etc).

I could see a Tony Hawk clone, at best.

I could see Eagles from HRP.

And I could not see anything else going here.

Maybe some used flats, but nothing big.

$0.02>

Funny how,in 99 SFI intended to make SFA into a flagship park,per the article & yet the screwed it up.They started off ok but when the focus changed from fixing up the former Premiere park properties to "ohh we've gotta give SFMM,SFGRAM & SFGRADV a new ride every other year" that effort stopped & the park's operations,maintenance,capacity & finally attendance has suffered to the point where SFI says "ohh the park isn't worth investing in any longer" & it continues to deteriorate year after year to the point where they'll probably close it within a few more seasons at most just like CF was forced to do with GL after SFI ruined it.

All I ask for is a new ride. that's it. Something that inverts maybe. We've had so many flats taken out within the last couple years. Two Face leaving doesn't make it any better, I loved that ride. I personally loved Iron Eagle, I know a lot of people dreaded it, besides the auto restraints, it was a fun ride (When it was running). The park has so much land but they don't do anything with it.

I'd also like to see more trees and landscaping...not a dirt lot that stretches from Wild One to Batwing.

But I'm not getting my hopes up, SFA is good at making "BIG" announcements, very...... mediocre

Oh one more thing, what is the link to SFA's facebook page?

First of all, I'm not going to say anything negative about Six Flags America, but during the past few years I had high hopes that this park will get off its knees and be a serious park to park-goers and thrill seekers alike. Sadly, each and every year I get disappointed and what's been happening to poor Six Flags America. Instead of having new rides debuting in each new season, Six Flags America has been going in the opposite direction and removing rides without adding any replacements.

So when I heard of Six Flags America's new addition, my eyes popped out with high hopes of maybe something exciting will finally appear at the park and get this park back on its feet. But when the announcement wasn't any new rides, just new shows and entertainment, I was (use your favorite expression here) off! Is this the new improvement: brand new shows?

As a protest, I've decided to boycot not just Six Flags America, but all Six Flags theme parks in general. I do this because I feel that Six Flags in general have been treating Six Flags America like a bastard child. This season (2009) I plan to visit all Cedar Fair parks (especially KIngs Dominion, my home park), plus any other smaller parks (such as Knoebels, Holiday World, and Indiana Beach), but no visits to any Six Flags Park; and I'll continue this boycot until Six Flags America gets the love it desperately needs.

"No regular signature for this post: just me looking mad!!!"