TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

The park has potential to be much better, but I was really under the impression that Six Flags had written SFA off.

I have absolutely no idea what they could be getting, because I don't think SFA has much sway when it comes to getting a slice of the Six Flags capital expenditure pie. So I would be very surprised if it was something big and I doubt they would be able to get it in by the time they open.

From the facebook page...

You've probably already figured it out - but 2009 is going to be like nothing you've ever seen before at Six Flags America!

If they close and bulldoze the place, it sure won't be like anything we've seen before at the park.

In all seriousness, it's probably a new coaster being brought over from Hard Rock Park or something.

Interesting thought. It would be cool if SFA was the first park to buy a HRP coaster. If they did buy a HRP coaster it would probably be Eagles since it is not to big or small. They do have land for Led Zeppelin as well. They did say BIG announcement & if it is a HRP coaster hopefully it will be Led Zeppelin. We'll have wait & find out I guess.

Led Zeppelin or Eagles would be great for the park. They could sure use a B&M or a good Vekoma. The park should demolish the Hurricane Mountain slides that are blocked off and rotting away in the view of the public to make way for whatever this "big" announcement turns out to be. Best of all, this would be right at the entrance and the first thing people will see as they enter the park in the upcoming season. A slightly used coaster purchased at a park liquidation for a cheap price could do wonders for SFA by bringing in more visitors!

C'mon guys I said lets not get our hopes way up! lol A HRP coaster is 1 very good example of getting our hopes way up! BUT, if SFA were lucky enough to buy one of those coasters then that would be great! But lets get back to reality and just expect something new, not big nor small, just new, so that when we hear this announcement we are just thankful that SFA is still open, and not disappointed that we didnt get what most people expected

I'm just hoping they don't get a HRP coaster because they all look very mediocre even the B & M.

I wish they would fix the coasters they have, I rode ROS at Darien Lake and the SFA version within a week of each other and boy did they ride differently, the SFA one was terrible - it was hard to believe it was exactly the same layout as DL.

I've got it.....

NEW FOR 2009: LINE! THE RIDE!

You see it looming on the horizon- something that even inept operators and low capacity can bring...it's huge- beyond any other queue you've seen. It's.... LINE! THE RIDE!

New for 2009 at Six Flags America.

That would be new, because despite what everyone says about operations, average coaster wait time is probably around 10-15 minutes, even on crowded days. I'll take horrible operations and very short waits over great operations and 2 hour waits anyday, especially since overall SFA has some pretty good rides.

Laser from Dorney Park... That would be neat. I'd rather have that ride then Led Zep, mediocre at best B&M. Seriously though, anyone getting their hopes up for ANYTHING as big as a coaster or major thrill ride is preparing themselves for a let down... I envy their optimism, though.

On another note, anyone else getting sick of the same few people continuing to come in to say the same negative things over and over? We get it, you didn't like the park when you visited. Do you have to come in and post the same stuff on ever single page of this thread when there is actually something semi-news worthy to talk about? Just because this thread got bumped doesn't mean anyone forgot that you already said "That park sucks" 100 times on the past 40+ pages.

I'm just hoping they don't get a HRP coaster because they all look very mediocre even the B & M.

I wish they would fix the coasters they have, I rode ROS at Darien Lake and the SFA version within a week of each other and boy did they ride differently, the SFA one was terrible - it was hard to believe it was exactly the same layout as DL.

SROS was actually better this year then last since they did some service on the trains, but it could use some more work for sure. All season one train was significantly faster then the other as well.

That would be new, because despite what everyone says about operations, average coaster wait time is probably around 10-15 minutes, even on crowded days. I'll take horrible operations and very short waits over great operations and 2 hour waits anyday, especially since overall SFA has some pretty good rides.

In general, parks with "great operations" don't have "2 hour waits," unless they're really busy. Could you clarify this statement a bit?

In general, parks with "great operations" don't have "2 hour waits," unless they're really busy. Could you clarify this statement a bit?

A couple parks off the top of my head that have 2 hour waits for major attractions; Cedar Point and Six Flags Great Adventure. I know Cedar Point used to receive accolades for the operations, especially with rides like Raptor and Magnum. SFGAdv, not sure if I'd call it "great", but they aren't terrible either. But their lines are normally 1-2 hours for major attractions in my experiences.

And those were precisely the two I was referring to...more Cedar Point though. Most lines were flying, but they were just so long that it took an hour and a half for many of them. Great Adventure's operations don't seem to be as consistent, but sometimes they move quickly too and still take a while. I live in between SFA and SFGAdv, and before KK and ET my family used to go to SFA more often because we found it more enjoyable to be able to get on as many rides as we wanted than to only get 5 or 6 rides in a day.

Laser from Dorney Park... That would be neat. I'd rather have that ride then Led Zep, mediocre at best B&M. Seriously though, anyone getting their hopes up for ANYTHING as big as a coaster or major thrill ride is preparing themselves for a let down... I envy their optimism, though.

On another note, anyone else getting sick of the same few people continuing to come in to say the same negative things over and over? We get it, you didn't like the park when you visited. Do you have to come in and post the same stuff on ever single page of this thread when there is actually something semi-news worthy to talk about? Just because this thread got bumped doesn't mean anyone forgot that you already said "That park sucks" 100 times on the past 40+ pages.

SROS was actually better this year then last since they did some service on the trains, but it could use some more work for sure. All season one train was significantly faster then the other as well.

That would be cool if Laser went to SFA. However I am pretty sure that it has been confirmed that Laser will be a traveling fair coaster in Germany.

I think the problem people have with the operations isn't with the wait time. You are correct in that 15 minutes isn't a whole lot of time to wait, and something to enjoy, but when it is a 15 minute line because the people who operate the ride are lolly gagging, or calling their buddies or their cell phones, or just sitting around the control booth, then it isn't as good because hat 15 minute wait could possible be a walk-on or around 5 minutes with a cecent effort being put forth by the operators.

I personally don't mind waiting in a line that is an hour long if it is consistently moving, but I am not a fan of being in a line that is almost at a stand still for 5 minutes at a time.

I am curious to see what this announcment is though. On the chance that ut us a new/slightly used HRP coaster, I have a hard time seeing it being ready for even Memorial Day weekend. It would probably be late this season or wait until next season.

-Gary T.

I agree wit Capitalize.

I bumped the thread back up to tell everyone that SFA is announcing something huge soon, not to say, Hey guys lets trash the park some more! So if you want to trash the park, your going to have to wait until after the announcement or you came in to late.

In other news, On the facebook page, someone mentioned that SFA has several approved rides that were never put it, like a enclosed coaster!!! He also mentioned that the park doesnt need the county's approval to build portable style flats. AND the park doesnt need any approvals to replace Two Face. So obviously since Two Face is still standing, No buyers have been found.

Maybe you all will get something as huge and amazing as SFKK...

A SUMMER CONCERT SERIES WITH RAVEN SYMONE!!!

If the announcement comes as a disappointment to you, just remember all of us down here in Kentucky...I guarantee it will make you feel *that* much better.

To SFA's credit, they do get some popular acts into the park, especially for this comming summer since Miranda's popularity is on the rise with her show on Nick.

When they do the concerts at the park, how long are they generally? I recall going to SFGAdv back in 2006 with my younger sister, and Lifehouse performed that same day, yet the concert started only 30 minutes before closing.

-Gary T.

keep in mind that Batwing's construction really didn't commence until atleast February. If SFA was going to add an HRP coaster this season it wouldve already had to have been dismantled in my opinion because there's just not enough time IMO (unless its a small coaster or one where they can just build an even plane footers without any land shaping so to just place supports and ride components on top. They have nice flat land out by Superman's helix and between JJ, Wild One, and Skull Mountain.

To SFA's credit, they do get some popular acts into the park, especially for this comming summer since Miranda's popularity is on the rise with her show on Nick.

When they do the concerts at the park, how long are they generally? I recall going to SFGAdv back in 2006 with my younger sister, and Lifehouse performed that same day, yet the concert started only 30 minutes before closing.

-Gary T.

I went to a couple concerts last year and they started at 7 and ended close to 9. Most had opening acts though.

I agree wit Capitalize.

I bumped the thread back up to tell everyone that SFA is announcing something huge soon, not to say, Hey guys lets trash the park some more! So if you want to trash the park, your going to have to wait until after the announcement or you came in to late.

In other news, On the facebook page, someone mentioned that SFA has several approved rides that were never put it, like a enclosed coaster!!! He also mentioned that the park doesnt need the county's approval to build portable style flats. AND the park doesnt need any approvals to replace Two Face. So obviously since Two Face is still standing, No buyers have been found.

Anyone remember the ride list from 2001 when Batwing was installed? PBR was the LAST ride on that list to be installed some six years ago simply due to SFI's focus on SFGRADV,SFMM & SFGRAM under the previous ownership.

They could always relocate a coaster from SFNO such as Jester if it's in decent shape to run of course.