TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Hah, of course they now say it isn't happening. Why am I not surprised. To be fair they did some revamp work on the trains at the beginning of this season so it does make sense I guess. Hopefully some other season...

Why does it not suprise me?after all SFNE is Shapiro's favorite in the chain just because he's got family up there which shouldn't be an excuse to spoil that park rotten while deliberately ignoring ours year after year.

All we'll see next season is the removal of Two Face & a nice empty spot that'll be filled in by a show stage or character dressing room instead of a replacement ride .Shapiro & Snyder don't give a rat's rear end about the park & want to see it fail so they can have an excuse to close it in the manner that CF was ultimately forced to do with GL last season.

Hah, of course they now say it isn't happening. Why am I not surprised. To be fair they did some revamp work on the trains at the beginning of this season so it does make sense I guess. Hopefully some other season...

Why does it not suprise me?after all SFNE is Shapiro's favorite in the chain just because he's got family up there which shouldn't be an excuse to spoil that park rotten while deliberately ignoring ours year after year.

All we'll see next season is the removal of Two Face & a nice empty spot that'll be filled in by a show stage or character dressing room instead of a replacement ride .Shapiro & Snyder don't give a rat's rear end about the park & want to see it fail so they can have an excuse to close it in the manner that CF was ultimately forced to do with GL last season.

Yeah, although that stage they put on Iron Eagle's old platform looks pretty nifty.

SFNO is having the rides taken down and some are being moved acording to screamscape, any chance any of then show up at SFA? naaaaah....

Not a chance in a certain hot place,although a ride like Jester with the trains facing forward would be a decent addition but they'll probably ship that one off to SFM along with DK from SFNE.

So much for the rumors from a year ago RE:SFNO's tower complex being given to SFA to replace TOD as it's going to TGE for the 09 season.

• 2 weeks later...
It'll Be a cheap way of improving the park, and if SFA ever does close, they can simply just relocate it again, a la B:TR in New Orleans. What this park needs as of 3-4 years ago is a decent B&M.

That would be a great improvement to the park, and the odds of SFA getting Led Zep are -0.0009 to 1,000,000 lol but I know for a fact that SFA is not closing atleast anytime soon. But if times get even harder, then SFI would most likely close us and SFKK down, SFKK first though.

• 1 month later...

Well I decided to bring my beloved thread back from the dead just in time for Christmas! I'd like to say that overall, I think 2008 was one of the better years the park has had. (because I worked there lls) But seriously I think that some things the park did, like close Hurricane Mountain for Tony Hawks Halfpipe, was stupid, BUT the park also improved by adding those huge advertisment boards, and they handled the whole fire incident pretty well. Some people think that the burnt down building was there for a long time before TPR visited the park, BUT actually, the fire broke out not even a week before TPR came. The wreckage was then cleared out shortly after. Just clearing that up.

What do you think the park did this year? good or bad since alot of you like to downgrade the park lol.

I've been to SFA only twice.. once in 2000 and again in 2003.

I know that SFA was one of the possible "sell for land" parks Shapiro was looking at, but with the real estate market, Im not sure if he still thinks that way. Its all going to depend on whether or not attendance and in-park revenus will continue to make the park profitable enough to keep.

The fact that they've added to the waterpark is good, but if you notice, the rides being removed lately have been the extremely high cost and unreliable rides. (Invertigo, Choas, Rotoshake and Drop Tower - if that has indeed been removed)

My question is, is how much longer will they decide to keep pumping money into The Sea Coaster and Batwing?

Tower of Doom isn't going nowhere, atleast anytime soon. Batwing and Skull Mountain actually have had some really good days this year. I think out of all the times I visited the park, Batwing has been open. Skull Mountain ran great early in the season, but then started having some problems but it did better at being open this year than last.

And Jcoaster, I can agree with you. If the park woke up and started adding rides to the rides section, then maybe the park could look alittle better when compared to other parks here in America.

I think SFA is just 2 new flats and a world class coaster away from becoming back to par with the rest of the parks in America.

I strongly disagree, SFA is one of the worst run parks I've ever been to. In order to be on par with other parks of the same size they really need to improve their operations more than anything. A "world class coaster" is obviously something that could improve any park, but just throwing money a place like SFA is what got Six Flags in financial trouble to begin with. They really need better staff, better operations, and perhaps some landscaping in the back of the park to make it a nicer place to visit. Investing millions of dollars into more rides is a foolish business decision when the rides that are already there are poorly ran and maintained.

I had a good time at the park this season, I always do though. After so many years of being a season pass holder you begin to love SFA for what it is, a nice smaller sized park with a few great coasters and very little lines. Its far off from other Six Flags parks I've visited, but I still love it.

I'm looking at my employment options for next year after I graduate and am strongly considering looking at an internship at the park.

Tower of Doom isn't going nowhere, atleast anytime soon. Batwing and Skull Mountain actually have had some really good days this year. I think out of all the times I visited the park, Batwing has been open. Skull Mountain ran great early in the season, but then started having some problems but it did better at being open this year than last.

And Jcoaster, I can agree with you. If the park woke up and started adding rides to the rides section, then maybe the park could look alittle better when compared to other parks here in America.

I was there with Erik Johnson and Will earlier this year and agree with Erik. The park's coasters are, for the most part, good, but the operations are what's sinking the park.

This is sad because I visited the place for the first time in 2006 and had a very good time--but it has slipped since.