TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Would SF please just sell this park to someone who gives a rats ars?

This is pathetic. CF pretended to care about GL more then SF has pretended to care about SFA over the past few seasons.

I couldn't agree more,here it is going on ten years after the "flagging" & the park is MUCH worse off than it was during the AW era.SFI won't sell the park to another company because,if they did said company would turn the place around & give SFGRADV some competition & Snyder knows it...otherwise the place would've been sold at the first possible opportunity along with DL & EG.

Dan Snyder was never the CEO, he bought large amounts of the company and convinced the board of directors to appoint Mark Shapiro as the CEO.

Snyder hasnt done anything regarding SF other than loosing a lot of money off of his stock, the company is run by Mark Shapiro.

All of you need to get your facts straight. Dan Snyder is still involved with Six Flags as Chairman of the Board. Here is the list of the Board of Directors and Here is a list of Executives

You're correct Airtime.Snyder is in the management position once occupied by Gary Storey during the Premier era,meanwhile Shapiro is in the management position as CEO that was previously occupied by Kerien Burke during the Premier era.

Well it looks like SFA will be losing a coaster in the next year or two as,according to screamscape the park has put Two Face up for sale on the Ital used rides website.

It's bad enough that there were only seven adult coasters to ride in the park vs KD's massive collection(only two of which are junior/kiddie models) but now it's gonna be even worse with one less coaster to ride.My guess is that,much like HSXLC at KD the ride will simply be SBNO until they either find a buyer for it or pull it off the market & tear it down themselves.

I tend to think that the ride fell victim to poor maintenance on the part of SFI rather than a poor design on Vekoma's part as it worked rather well the first few years of operation & here it is 8 years later & the ride isnow unfit,or currently unsafe to operate.

Well it looks like SFA will be losing a coaster in the next year or two as,according to screamscape the park has put Two Face up for sale on the Ital used rides website.

It's bad enough that there were only seven adult coasters to ride in the park vs KD's massive collection(only two of which are junior/kiddie models) but now it's gonna be even worse with one less coaster to ride.My guess is that,much like HSXLC at KD the ride will simply be SBNO until they either find a buyer for it or pull it off the market & tear it down themselves.

I tend to think that the ride fell victim to poor maintenance on the part of SFI rather than a poor design on Vekoma's part as it worked rather well the first few years of operation & here it is 8 years later & the ride isnow unfit,or currently unsafe to operate.

After spending lots of time working on that ride I'm fairly sure what happened was finally a major component broke and Six Flags said that instead of repairing it they'd let it be SBNO and then put it on the market.

Corporate doesn't give the park enough money to replace parts properly so they're left polishing up issues and running around resetting fault lights. Two Face was the worst when it came to breaking down, the last couple seasons it had at least a couple fault lights a day it seemed.

Maybe some day they'll either tear down TOD or actually spend the money to keep all three rides running.

Do the Invertigos at Great America and Kings Island go out of commission much? If not, then KDCoasterFan may have a point.

I was at SFA yesterday and the crowds were pretty light. Dispatch times were pretty bad though. They were running two trains for Batwing except at one point it was sent to the other loading station and only two people (Flash Pass users?) were on the entire train. Then they sent it out empty after returning the two users to the station. That kind of inefficiency really bothers me.

Corporate doesn't give the park enough money to replace parts properly so they're left polishing up issues and running around resetting fault lights

Believe me that problems not exclusive to SFA.

Speaking of candy, would it kill the parks to give out candy to everyone and not just kids? I know Disney does but for other parks since candy companies sponsor the events, the park has to be getting it for free or close to free. The worst is when they have it by height like at the Six Flags parks. I remember reading a few years ago how some tall 7 year old kid wasn't allowed to get candy because she was over 54" while all her friends were allowed to and there was all this negative press about it.

I remember this !!! Dont you just love stereotypes

In today's world it is getting harder and harder to tell exactly how old one is. I myself have seen kids as young as 6 and 7 who could pass off as being 10 or 11.

Heck just the other day I was reading in one of the Denver papers and they showed a pic of a 16 year old kid who was the quarterback at one of the local high schools there. This kid not only had a full beard but sported several large real tattoos up and down his arms. So much for beards and tattoos being for "adults only".

^Didn't SFI just make a deal with Mar's Candy too, so it could see more in the parks? Then it would make even more sense to give it to more people, IMO.

Corporate doesn't give the park enough money to replace parts properly so they're left polishing up issues and running around resetting fault lights

Believe me that problems not exclusive to SFA.

I know its not, but in my experiences in visiting plenty of parks owned by all the major chains in the US, SFA is easily the worst off that I have seen.

It seems like more corners are cut and more glaring issues exist in that area at SFA then other parks IMO.

Do the Invertigos at Great America and Kings Island go out of commission much? If not, then KDCoasterFan may have a point.

I was at SFA yesterday and the crowds were pretty light. Dispatch times were pretty bad though. They were running two trains for Batwing except at one point it was sent to the other loading station and only two people (Flash Pass users?) were on the entire train. Then they sent it out empty after returning the two users to the station. That kind of inefficiency really bothers me.

CGA's invertigo has been down for a few weeks(there's a thread somewhere about it) but they got it running recently but KI's has been running well from what I've read on most of the forums.It's not just TF:TFS that's had problems lately but even once reliable rides like WO seem to be having problems from what I've read on a few sites(including this one) so it's definitely a budgetary issue that is at least contributing to the problems.

CGA's invertigo has been down for a few weeks(there's a thread somewhere about it) but they got it running recently but KI's has been running well from what I've read on most of the forums.It's not just TF:TFS that's had problems lately but even once reliable rides like WO seem to be having problems from what I've read on a few sites(including this one) so it's definitely a budgetary issue that is at least contributing to the problems.

This season has been really bad in that regard, when Wild One is down for the entire day during a couple of my visits you know something is going awfully wrong.

This season has been really bad in that regard, when Wild One is down for the entire day during a couple of my visits you know something is going awfully wrong.

I agree as WO is one of the more reliable coasters in the park.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone make it to Fright Fest yet?

NOTE: IF YOUR PLANNING ON WALKING THROUGH BRIDGE OF TERROR HAUNT AND WANT TO BE FULLY SURPRISED, DO NOT READ!!!!!!!!!!

I was working on Saturday from 12-6 and after I clocked out, I rode Roar and walked through the Bridge of Terror. Well the park was extremely crowded that day and that was because a private group (Muslim Day) rented out the park in the morning, and it was the first day of the most popular event at the park, FRIGHT FEST! Well when I got off work, I met up with some of my friends and we walked around looking for the ride with the shortest line. We ended up at Roar and only waited about 10 minutes which is surprisingly long for SFA. Also from far away you can't even tell if the coaster is going, thats how dark it was! Well after that awesomely bumpy ride, we decided that we would go see if Superman's line was short. When we got there, the line was wrapped all the way behind the 60 min sign. We immeadiately said lets go to the haunted house and then go home. So as we passed the Joker's Jinx, I noticed the cruelest Fright Fest themeing ever. There was a bloody dummy hanging on the barrier fence around Joker's Jinx (I think it was next to a restricted sign aswell) and the dummy was missing a head! When I saw that I immeadiately thought of PMW! lol I couldn't help but laugh, but I felt so bad. I wish I took a picture, or any for that matter. I'm going back so maybe I will have a camera. Bridge of Terror is scarier than Frightorium was. It seems like the monsters come out of nowhere, but in Frightorium, they would try to hide in the dark and then pop out. I love Bridge of Terror's (Panic Room) they basically lock you in a small building with about 3 monsters and the room is filled with fog and flashing lights. Then you finally walk out into the actual bridge and thats where all the rest of the monsters greet you and the effects start to unveil. I noticed about 3 scare-effects on the bridge. And what haunted house is complete without chainsaws?!?! And the coolest thing about this haunt is that if your too scared to walk through the actual bridge, then you can watch other people walk through on that wider bridge on Mainstreet. I didnt checkout any shows but from what I heard, they should be great this year. Also this year, the park is filled with fog as night falls and looks really creepy, especially when the monsters chase you out of the fog. I cant wait to go back on Staurday, even if I have to work

^My step-dad and step-brother were there for that. I've yet to ask them how ridiculously crowded it was...3,000ish passholders plus only Gotham City open seems like it would make for LONG lines.

I'm on the washington capitals message boards as well and according to the people on there all the lines were really short, only 2-3 train wait for the front of superman, no wait at all for any other row.

I'm only an 11 game plan holder so I didn't get invited. Plus I'm 2 hours away most the year so it wouldn't have worked too well